Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 SP1 RTM due on February 16 for MSDN customers, Feb22 for web

16 Feb 2011   #111
ie9

Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post

The leaked ISO files I downloaded match the MD5 and hash codes listed here
Windows 7 SP1 Integrated ISO's leaked
The hash codes you posted also match those listed in that thread.
Good to hear

That means we've been running the real SP1 all this time after all


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Feb 2011   #112
Ex_Brit

Win 7 Ult SP1/Win 10 Pro (all x64)
 
 

OK it looks like I overlooked that there were originally integrated downloads available, or maybe I didn't wait long enough, and all I did was download the service pack itself and installed that.

So I guess I'm s.o.l as far as checking if my installation is OK. All I know is Microsoft seems to like it and has been happily updating it ever since.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2011   #113
Ex_Brit

Win 7 Ult SP1/Win 10 Pro (all x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ie9 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post

The leaked ISO files I downloaded match the MD5 and hash codes listed here
Windows 7 SP1 Integrated ISO's leaked
The hash codes you posted also match those listed in that thread.
Good to hear

That means we've been running the real SP1 all this time after all
Assuming the integrated torrents included the same SP1 versions that some others like myself used.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Feb 2011   #114
ie9

Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ex_Brit View Post
OK it looks like I overlooked that there were originally integrated downloads available, or maybe I didn't wait long enough, and all I did was download the service pack itself and installed that.

So I guess I'm s.o.l as far as checking if my installation is OK. All I know is Microsoft seems to like it and has been happily updating it ever since.
Yes, the integrated ISO's leaked after the standalones. If you want some peace of mind, think of this.

The standalone installers we extracted from the leaked ISO's (I'm pretty sure), and the leaked ISO's matched MS's hashes, therefore it can be implied that the leaked standalones are also real.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2011   #115
ie9

Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ex_Brit View Post
Assuming the integrated torrents included the same SP1 versions that some others like myself used.
If they don't match the hashes that I posted then there's no way (right now) to tell if they're real or not.

That's why you should always check the hashes
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2011   #116
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ie9 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post

The leaked ISO files I downloaded match the MD5 and hash codes listed here
Windows 7 SP1 Integrated ISO's leaked
The hash codes you posted also match those listed in that thread.
Good to hear

That means we've been running the real SP1 all this time after all
Yes, exactly.

I'm not worried about the stand alone versions. I downloaded them but I haven't used one as of yet, so I'll just download the final version when Microsoft releases it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2011   #117
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

The first thing I checked and I'm dl'ing now!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2011   #118
ie9

Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
I'm not worried about the stand alone versions. I downloaded them but I haven't used one as of yet, so I'll just download the final version when Microsoft releases it.
Which is supposed to happen in a week
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2011   #119
Ex_Brit

Win 7 Ult SP1/Win 10 Pro (all x64)
 
 

Understood. I think I'm going to stop worrying as all seems to be looking, working, behaving & most importantly, updating OK....LOL

But nevertheless I'm going to burn new DVD's using today's downloads for future use.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Feb 2011   #120
Ex_Brit

Win 7 Ult SP1/Win 10 Pro (all x64)
 
 

Thought...would it be normal for the SHA1 of the disk I burned from the slipstream I did to be different from the published SHA1 for the integrated disk?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Windows 7 SP1 RTM due on February 16 for MSDN customers, Feb22 for web




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
It is legal to install Windows 7 on customers computers?
Hi, I have several customers that ask me to install them Windows 7, but they dont have licence. Can I install them Windows 7 home edition and warn them they have 30 days to active it buying a license? Is that legal?
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows 7 SP1 to be released in early February
According to Paul Thurrott, Microsoft is planning on releasing SP1 (RTM) early February. Paul goes on to say that an update should be appearing soon. Source
News
Windows February Updates
Here's are today's updates. 7 updates in total. Installed all of them with no issues. 6 important updates & 1 recommended updates. Screenshot included below. Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB978251) Download size: 231 KB You may need to restart your computer...
Windows Updates & Activation
Dell Helps Customers Migrate to Windows 7
More...
News
Update: Windows 7 RC expected by end of February
Microsoft moves forward with Windows 7 Release Candidate | Windows 7 Center Also some strange links on this website :rolleyes:
News
Guidance on Windows Deployments for Business Customers
More...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App