Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 SP1 RTM due on February 16 for MSDN customers, Feb22 for web

11 Feb 2011   #51
EchoX860

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Thanks for letting me know how things work. So if it says for example BUILD_7600_ABCDEFGH on the one you posted, and it says BUILD_7600_ABCDEFGH, then everything is set? There's nothing included in the RTM that wasn't in the leak?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Feb 2011   #52
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xxxdannyxxx View Post



Ah ok thankyou im looking for people who may have made there own integrated dvd that may be seeing any problems like myself.
https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/122262-windows-7-sp1-disk-cleanup-tool-2.html
Thanks anyway


Just for those that may not know; if you install the SP separately then run the SP 1 removal tool you will not be able to remove the SP if the need arises.
Guess, sure some done it already and might have to reinstall.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Feb 2011   #53
ie9

Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EchoX860 View Post
Thanks for letting me know how things work. So if it says for example BUILD_7600_ABCDEFGH on the one you posted, and it says BUILD_7600_ABCDEFGH, then everything is set? There's nothing included in the RTM that wasn't in the leak?
Sort of. What you really want is the hashes (MD5). So if you look back at my post, it says MD5:<numbers>

So if the leaked md5 says: abc123
and the official md5 says: abc123

then we're in business
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Feb 2011   #54
xxxdannyxxx

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xxxdannyxxx View Post



Ah ok thankyou im looking for people who may have made there own integrated dvd that may be seeing any problems like myself.
https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/122262-windows-7-sp1-disk-cleanup-tool-2.html
Thanks anyway


Just for those that may not know; if you install the SP separately then run the SP 1 removal tool you will not be able to remove the SP if the need arises.
Guess, sure some done it already and might have to reinstall.
Nah ive got a good image to go back to if there is any discrepencies when the sp1 is released.

Danny
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Feb 2011   #55
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

Some ask if the next version IE will be part of SP1. Once both are out I'll simply end up with a second image one with 9 and SP1 along with the latest 8 and no SP1 as the RC still refused to go on the 64bit through the MS updates.

I found that a bit odd never having seen any problems installing any SP in the past. With Vista I ran the beta from day #1 straight through to the rtm release for six months on the previous version without a hiccup of any type. Hopefully they got part ironed out for the 22nd.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2011   #56
Ex_Brit

Win 7 Ult SP1/Win 10 Pro (all x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
Some ask if the next version IE will be part of SP1. Once both are out I'll simply end up with a second image one with 9 and SP1 along with the latest 8 and no SP1 as the RC still refused to go on the 64bit through the MS updates.

I found that a bit odd never having seen any problems installing any SP in the past. With Vista I ran the beta from day #1 straight through to the rtm release for six months on the previous version without a hiccup of any type. Hopefully they got part ironed out for the 22nd.
IE9 isn't part of SP1. It will be released separately. I recommend removing anything 'beta' when installing service packs as they can lock those things in place.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2011   #57
Ex_Brit

Win 7 Ult SP1/Win 10 Pro (all x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xxxdannyxxx View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post



Just for those that may not know; if you install the SP separately then run the SP 1 removal tool you will not be able to remove the SP if the need arises.
Guess, sure some done it already and might have to reinstall.
Nah ive got a good image to go back to if there is any discrepencies when the sp1 is released.

Danny
I thought I had a good System restore point, but for some reason it wiped that in all of the installations I did and I ended up with no restore points at all. I'm praying the checksum is the same for the release and what we downloaded.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2011   #58
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Unfortunately SPs always remove all the previous restore points.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2011   #59
Ex_Brit

Win 7 Ult SP1/Win 10 Pro (all x64)
 
 

I could swear any in the past have at least created their own. Maybe I'm wrong. That'll teach me to mirror the drive(s) in future.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2011   #60
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

The SP didn't create a single RP for itself, that is odd, they should have left a single RP for the SP installation.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Windows 7 SP1 RTM due on February 16 for MSDN customers, Feb22 for web




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
It is legal to install Windows 7 on customers computers?
Hi, I have several customers that ask me to install them Windows 7, but they dont have licence. Can I install them Windows 7 home edition and warn them they have 30 days to active it buying a license? Is that legal?
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows 7 SP1 to be released in early February
According to Paul Thurrott, Microsoft is planning on releasing SP1 (RTM) early February. Paul goes on to say that an update should be appearing soon. Source
News
Windows February Updates
Here's are today's updates. 7 updates in total. Installed all of them with no issues. 6 important updates & 1 recommended updates. Screenshot included below. Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB978251) Download size: 231 KB You may need to restart your computer...
Windows Updates & Activation
Dell Helps Customers Migrate to Windows 7
More...
News
Update: Windows 7 RC expected by end of February
Microsoft moves forward with Windows 7 Release Candidate | Windows 7 Center Also some strange links on this website :rolleyes:
News
Guidance on Windows Deployments for Business Customers
More...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App