Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 SP1 RTM due on February 16 for MSDN customers, Feb22 for web

15 Feb 2011   #71
brianzion

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 6.01.7600 SP1 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ie9 View Post
That's just the RC, not final
okey dokey got my terminology mixed up


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Feb 2011   #72
Dzomlija

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

You think perhaps that if I install the SP1 for Windows 7, then maybe the IE9RC will stop giving be [insert colorful expletive here] and install properly?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2011   #73
ie9

Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dzomlija View Post
You think perhaps that if I install the SP1 for Windows 7, then maybe the IE9RC will stop giving be [insert colorful expletive here] and install properly?
I'm on the integrated ISO here, and IE9 RC installed in 3 minutes with no issues
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Feb 2011   #74
eduede

Windows 7 Home Ultimate 64-Bit, Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx, Windows XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by runestaff View Post
So what is Win 7, SP1 going to do for the end user?
Save you a whole bunch of time updating on windows update after a clean install. Having a DVD with SP1 integrated into it, or even the full offline installer version of SP1, will save you from having to download and install hundreds of updates online though windows update.
Question: When SP1 drops, I want to do a clean install of Win7 again. I have a pre-sp1 installation disk (obviously). Does it make sense to do a new install of Win7 and then run the SP1? What is a "full offline installer version of SP1?" Are they releasing a burnable installer? an ISO?

<<if this has been answered in this thread, just let me know>>

thanks,
eamon
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2011   #75
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ie9 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dzomlija View Post
You think perhaps that if I install the SP1 for Windows 7, then maybe the IE9RC will stop giving be [insert colorful expletive here] and install properly?
I'm on the integrated ISO here, and IE9 RC installed in 3 minutes with no issues
Same here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2011   #76
Zardoc

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1
 
 

I've got an AIO iso but in English.

I'm waiting for MSDN French ISO tomorow and will create new iso.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2011   #77
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by eduede View Post
When SP1 drops, I want to do a clean install of Win7 again. I have a pre-sp1 installation disk (obviously). Does it make sense to do a new install of Win7 and then run the SP1? What is a "full offline
Usually, the integrated discs take a little while longer to show up, so if you need to do a clean install now, there's no harm in installed Windows 7, and then installing the SP right away...then moving along to your drivers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2011   #78
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by eduede View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by runestaff View Post
So what is Win 7, SP1 going to do for the end user?
Save you a whole bunch of time updating on windows update after a clean install. Having a DVD with SP1 integrated into it, or even the full offline installer version of SP1, will save you from having to download and install hundreds of updates online though windows update.
Question: When SP1 drops, I want to do a clean install of Win7 again. I have a pre-sp1 installation disk (obviously). Does it make sense to do a new install of Win7 and then run the SP1? What is a "full offline installer version of SP1?" Are they releasing a burnable installer? an ISO?

<<if this has been answered in this thread, just let me know>>


thanks,
eamon
The last time I checked you could download the full ISO version or individual 7 x86, 7 x64, and 2008 server stand alone versions. The ISO when burned can do all three. Sometimes like with IE 9 you can download a web installer that is a small file that starts the installation. With that file you need an internet connection to download the rest and finish the install. Or you can download the full offline installer that contains all the files needed for the install and doesn't require a network connection. I usually download the full version and save it to a thumbdrive for use after a clean install. For windows 7, instead of downloading and burning the ISO you can just download the smaller file for 32 bit or 64 bit.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2011   #79
eduede

Windows 7 Home Ultimate 64-Bit, Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx, Windows XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by eduede View Post
When SP1 drops, I want to do a clean install of Win7 again. I have a pre-sp1 installation disk (obviously). Does it make sense to do a new install of Win7 and then run the SP1? What is a "full offline
Usually, the integrated discs take a little while longer to show up, so if you need to do a clean install now, there's no harm in installed Windows 7, and then installing the SP right away...then moving along to your drivers.
Ok, so clean install of Win7 followed immediately by install of SP1 and, only after that, all my drivers, software and files? Seems reasonable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2011   #80
eduede

Windows 7 Home Ultimate 64-Bit, Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx, Windows XP
 
 

Quote:
The last time I checked you could download the full ISO version or individual 7 x86, 7 x64, and 2008 server stand alone versions. The ISO when burned can do all three. Sometimes like with IE 9 you can download a web installer that is a small file that starts the installation. With that file you need an internet connection to download the rest and finish the install. Or you can download the full offline installer that contains all the files needed for the install and doesn't require a network connection. I usually download the full version and save it to a thumbdrive for use after a clean install. For windows 7, instead of downloading and burning the ISO you can just download the smaller file for 32 bit or 64 bit.
Where can I download the full ISO version (I assume you mean full Win7 SP1 ISO)?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Windows 7 SP1 RTM due on February 16 for MSDN customers, Feb22 for web




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
It is legal to install Windows 7 on customers computers?
Hi, I have several customers that ask me to install them Windows 7, but they dont have licence. Can I install them Windows 7 home edition and warn them they have 30 days to active it buying a license? Is that legal?
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows 7 SP1 to be released in early February
According to Paul Thurrott, Microsoft is planning on releasing SP1 (RTM) early February. Paul goes on to say that an update should be appearing soon. Source
News
Windows February Updates
Here's are today's updates. 7 updates in total. Installed all of them with no issues. 6 important updates & 1 recommended updates. Screenshot included below. Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB978251) Download size: 231 KB You may need to restart your computer...
Windows Updates & Activation
Dell Helps Customers Migrate to Windows 7
More...
News
Update: Windows 7 RC expected by end of February
Microsoft moves forward with Windows 7 Release Candidate | Windows 7 Center Also some strange links on this website :rolleyes:
News
Guidance on Windows Deployments for Business Customers
More...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App