Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: GIGABYTE Ships All New B3 6 Series Motherboards

02 Mar 2011   #11
jeepmann4x4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Win7User512 View Post
Why are the boards for 1155 so much cheaper than 1366 (at least on newegg)? Shouldn't Sandybridge be more expensive than the previous generation?
Probably because the better boards are not out, unless they are trying to repair their reputation.
I hope the better boards are coming soon! Waiting to build got everything else just sitting in the corner...lol Waiting on the ASUS M4E!

I really hope that Intel does not "pass the buck" onto MB makers and then in turn on to us for their mistake!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Mar 2011   #12
Win7User512

Windows 7 x64 / Same
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Win7User512 View Post
Why are the boards for 1155 so much cheaper than 1366 (at least on newegg)? Shouldn't Sandybridge be more expensive than the previous generation?
Probably because the better boards are not out, unless they are trying to repair their reputation.
The better boards are out. If I understand the product description, they are the replacements.

Besides, can you imagine if they knowingly sold a defective product? Can you say "lawsuits"?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2011   #13
essenbe

Windows 10 Pro/ Windows 10 Pro Insider
 
 

If the replacement boards are out, they are not on Newegg- No Asus or Gigabyte 1155 boards listed. From what I have read, they have been shipped but apparently not received tet.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Mar 2011   #14
Win7User512

Windows 7 x64 / Same
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
If the replacement boards are out, they are not on Newegg- No Asus or Gigabyte 1155 boards listed. From what I have read, they have been shipped but apparently not received tet.
Hmm...never said Gigabyte or Asus. Nevertheless, they are 1155 boards. As I said.

The Biostar (never heard of them) says "100% Solid Capacitor". So...I think it's the replacement board...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2011   #15
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
If the replacement boards are out, they are not on Newegg- No Asus or Gigabyte 1155 boards listed. From what I have read, they have been shipped but apparently not received tet.
That's exactly what the link above, and the quoted comments said. The vendors don't have them in stock yet, so they won't be appearing on any websites or on store shelves until they have an actual product to sell.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2011   #16
jeepmann4x4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote:
essenbe
If the replacement boards are out, they are not on Newegg- No Asus or Gigabyte 1155 boards listed. From what I have read, they have been shipped but apparently not received tet.

Quote:
Win7User512
Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe
If the replacement boards are out, they are not on Newegg- No Asus or Gigabyte 1155 boards listed. From what I have read, they have been shipped but apparently not received tet.
Hmm...never said Gigabyte or Asus. Nevertheless, they are 1155 boards. As I said.

The Biostar (never heard of them) says "100% Solid Capacitor". So...I think it's the replacement board...
Yes, those Biostar are the new B3 boards. Along with the 1 MSI board... only those 3 on newegg at the time of this post

essenbe & DeaconFrost
From everything I have found and read Gigabyte has shipped their MB's on Friday(Feb) the 25th & Asus has shipped theirs out on the Tues.(March) the 1st
Both of which need to arrive here and clear customs and then make it to the dealers .... I'm guessing late this week before we start seeing them in stores and on Newegg (just a guess though!).

A lot earlier than April...which is Great for all of us!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2011   #17
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

I bought my Gigabyte board in person at MicroCenter and was told they were targeting 3/3 as the available date, but that it was just their best guess. Either way, there's no reason to NEED the board right away. In fact, MicroCenter might be giving out $25 gift certs for people who do wait until after the rush, so I'll probably just do that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2011   #18
jeepmann4x4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
I bought my Gigabyte board in person at MicroCenter and was told they were targeting 3/3 as the available date, but that it was just their best guess. Either way, there's no reason to NEED the board right away. In fact, MicroCenter might be giving out $25 gift certs for people who do wait until after the rush, so I'll probably just do that.
I'll have to make sure I check them tomorrow then...thanks for the info!
I do have to disagree with you on the " Either way, there's no reason to NEED the board right away." I do NEED a board right away IMO... See here. New Build On Hold..

Quote:
MicroCenter might be giving out $25 gift certs for people who do wait until after the rush, so I'll probably just do that.
Did you hear this while you were at MicroCenters? Or is it posted somewhere? Might be worth it if I qualify!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2011   #19
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jeepmann4x4 View Post
I do NEED a board right away IMO... See here. New Build On Hold..
I'm talking about all the people who NEED their replacement board...not ones waiting to buy new.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jeepmann4x4 View Post
Did you hear this while you were at MicroCenters? Or is it posted somewhere? Might be worth it if I qualify!
I was already e-mailed a survey because I'm on the list of people who bought affected boards. They sent out a survey to find out who needs their board right away and who's willing to wait later on, if a $25 GC was involved.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2011   #20
jeepmann4x4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jeepmann4x4 View Post
I do NEED a board right away IMO... See here. New Build On Hold..
I'm talking about all the people who NEED their replacement board...not ones waiting to buy new.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jeepmann4x4 View Post
Did you hear this while you were at MicroCenters? Or is it posted somewhere? Might be worth it if I qualify!
I was already e-mailed a survey because I'm on the list of people who bought affected boards. They sent out a survey to find out who needs their board right away and who's willing to wait later on, if a $25 GC was involved.
Sorry thought you were talking about all people waiting..lol I see, so the $25 GC is for people exchanging the bad MB's... Thats actually a nice offer for those that have boards and can wait... hell I would take that in a heartbeat and spend it that fast too...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 GIGABYTE Ships All New B3 6 Series Motherboards




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 OC vs Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 OC
Hey guys! Help me out in jumping down on a final decision.. Now let me give you some info and specs about my Rig! - i5 4670k - ASRock Fatal1ty H87 Performance (CrossFireX Ready) SLI not supported - 4GB G.Skill (will upgrade later) - Cooler Master GX 550w - Samsung LCD Monitor (1440x900...
Graphic Cards
Gigabyte Recalls GA-X79-UD3, GA-X79-UD3 And G1.Assassin 2 Motherboards
Read more at: Maximum PC | Gigabyte Recalls GA-X79-UD3, GA-X79-UD3 And G1.Assassin 2 Motherboards
News
USB2.0 HD Transfer over Gigabyte Network to Gigabyte NAS
I have a Western Digital 1 TB USB 2.0 that I have connected to a computer that has Gigabyte connection to my NAS which can handle Gigabyte speeds. I am only getting 30.1MB/s. Is there any settings I can do to windows so that it can send faster? I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit.
Network & Sharing
GIGABYTE Announces Entire 6 Series Ready to Support Native PCIe Gen. 3
http://www.gigabyte.us/press-center/news-page.aspx?nid=1048 Good new for us Gigabyte owners then. :)
News
Experience with Gigabyte motherboards?
Any on have any experience with Gigabyte motherboards? For the last 3 builds covering 10 years Iíve been using Intelís MB, the current being their now discontinued Extreme D975XBX2 Bad Axe 2. As you can see, the board is a little long in the tooth as well as the Core 2 Quad Q6600 With that...
Hardware & Devices
GIGABYTE Uveils AMD 800 Series Motherboards
Futuremark>>News>>Newsarticle Thu 2010-04-29-Posted by "MACMAC" Macmillan Gigabyte have just unvelied a three interesting new motherboards based on the just announced AMD 890FX,880G and 870 chipsets Here's what they have to say.(8 day old news but still interesting)......
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:50.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App