Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 Pro $19 for students

12 Sep 2009   #381
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Join the rest of us and purchase it...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Sep 2009   #382
Deweese

Vista
 
 

I was given the ability to opt in late last night so it took them a business week from me giving them my information for them to verify that I am a student.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2009   #383
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Deweese View Post
I was given the ability to opt in late last night so it took them a business week from me giving them my information for them to verify that I am a student.

Thanks Deweese ... Hopefully this will calm the fears of those who are waiting... +rep
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Sep 2009   #384
c00lkatz

Windows 7 Professional x64 RTM
 
 

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but here's another huge thread dedicated to this:

Deal: MSDN-AA Access - $19 :: 8x Win7 Pro, 11x Vista Keys, 5x XP Pro + More! - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

I've gotten access, and it's actually 8 keys for Windows 7 Pro, as the keys are not dependent on architecture or language, so if you get a foreign language key it will still work on an English install, and x64 will work on x86 and vice-versa.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2009   #385
Crypto

Windows 7 Professional, Windows XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by c00lkatz View Post
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but here's another huge thread dedicated to this:

Deal: MSDN-AA Access - $19 :: 8x Win7 Pro, 11x Vista Keys, 5x XP Pro + More! - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

I've gotten access, and it's actually 8 keys for Windows 7 Pro, as the keys are not dependent on architecture or language, so if you get a foreign language key it will still work on an English install, and x64 will work on x86 and vice-versa.
Welcome katz, What you say is already mentioned many times. thanks for the info though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2009   #386
armyslowrdr

windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
 
 

I got the email wanting the extra verification. This after a week of using the OS.
I wonder if I don't reply then the key's blacklisted...and if so, I imagine I could just use the retail key I get on Oct 22 without having to go through the hassle of doing another full install.

But of course maybe everything will be ok. I switched my info to my son's highschool and he gave me his ID number--but he didnt know who is advisor is. LOL. Just like a HS Junior that plays too much XBOX Live not to know.

Shoulda went that rte in the first place, but--ahem--I think more than several folks, me included, just couldnt wait and instead of learning all the ins and outs we got overly excited and "just signed up".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2009   #387
c00lkatz

Windows 7 Professional x64 RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Crypto View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by c00lkatz View Post
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but here's another huge thread dedicated to this:

Deal: MSDN-AA Access - $19 :: 8x Win7 Pro, 11x Vista Keys, 5x XP Pro + More! - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

I've gotten access, and it's actually 8 keys for Windows 7 Pro, as the keys are not dependent on architecture or language, so if you get a foreign language key it will still work on an English install, and x64 will work on x86 and vice-versa.
Welcome katz, What you say is already mentioned many times. thanks for the info though.
That's cool, just making sure
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2009   #388
lawrywild

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by armyslowrdr View Post
I got the email wanting the extra verification. This after a week of using the OS.
I wonder if I don't reply then the key's blacklisted...and if so, I imagine I could just use the retail key I get on Oct 22 without having to go through the hassle of doing another full install.

But of course maybe everything will be ok. I switched my info to my son's highschool and he gave me his ID number--but he didnt know who is advisor is. LOL. Just like a HS Junior that plays too much XBOX Live not to know.

Shoulda went that rte in the first place, but--ahem--I think more than several folks, me included, just couldnt wait and instead of learning all the ins and outs we got overly excited and "just signed up".
I doubt they can blacklist the keys, but just in case I gave them my uni info... British unis don't use the same terms as US.. so I put my Personal Tutor's name as my Faculty Advisor.. didn't know if they are the same thing..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2009   #389
Audioboxer

Windows 7
 
 

Hey guys, I've been reading this topic over the past week as a guest.

Just thought I'd give you the heads up I was just accepted in 18 mins ago

Quote:
Hello,

Welcome! Thank you for signing up as a participant in the Microsoft Developers Academic Alliance (MSDN AA); your eligibility is made possible through an ACM/MSDNAA partnership. ACM is licensed under the MSDNAA Program which enables ACM Student Members to access any of the nearly 100 software packages available under the Program. e-Academy Inc., a partner of Microsoft is providing ELMS (the e-Academy Licensed Management System) for MSDNAA to you.

Below is your ACM username and a password assigned to you by e-Academy (naturally, you may change your password). Simply log into the system and start browsing/ordering the software (at no-charge). You will be asked to create a Profile on the MSDN AA site during the order process.

Your username is:
Your password is:

Welcome ACM Student Members to MSDN AA

e-Academy Inc., the operator of the ACM/MSDN AA Partnership website, is fully committed to the online privacy of all MSDN AA users. Reports on traffic patterns are sometimes created by MSDN AA to monitor the effectiveness of this service but these reports are stripped of any individual or personal identification. By accessing the software through this website, you will be asked to accept the usage guidelines.

If you have any technical difficulties please contact ACMs Program Administrator via email at msdnadmin@acm.org


We hope you find your MSDNAA experience a rewarding one!


Sincerely,
e-Academy for MSDN AA
I opted in on the 8th, basically the day before they took away the opt-in button. 2 days later I also got the email about my advisor name/student ID.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2009   #390
shazib0061

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Audioboxer View Post
Hey guys, I've been reading this topic over the past week as a guest.

Just thought I'd give you the heads up I was just accepted in 18 mins ago

I opted in on the 8th, basically the day before they took away the opt-in button. 2 days later I also got the email about my advisor name/student ID.
DEAR I OPTED ON 9TH BUT TILL NOT RECIVED ANY EMAIL OF LOGIN iD AND PASS. After how many days did u got this option
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 Pro $19 for students




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Students to get Windows 8 upgrade discount
Read more at source: Students to get Windows 8 upgrade discount | Windows 8 - CNET Reviews
News
Windows 7 deal for college students
Hi there, I am building a new PC and want to buy Windows 7 from the cheapest place. The $30 deal for college students is apparently gone. Right now they are offering it for $65 for college students which is still a decent deal. I am attending community college and they do not sell Windows 7 nor do...
General Discussion
Two Students, Two Downloads?
I've got twins. Both with college emails. We've upgraded one computer. Before running the install I copied all files to a jump drive. My question would be, do you have to download the files again or as long as you pay again and get the new product ID, can you use the same install files? Or is the...
Installation & Setup
Buy Windows 7 for only 30 - [UK Students Only]
More...
News
Buy Windows 7 for only $29.99 -[US Students Only]
741 √ You qualify if you have a valid .EDU e-mail OR an e-mail address through one of the educational institutions listed here.
News
Windows 7 RTM already Used by Aus Students since August
Read More-->
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:30.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App