Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Mozilla asks EU to reject Microsoft's Windows 7 browser

25 Aug 2009   #31
sjaak327

Windows Vista, Server 2008, Leopard, Suse
 
 

Not an FF user at all, IE8 all the way for me. It is the most secure browser on Vista/Windows 7 in any case, because of the sandbox in relation to UAC.

To some people here, there is of course no such thing as being fair in business.

Microsoft should simply include the ballot screen with browsers that truly need to have their market share uplifted, and not include Opera and Firefox.

Or simply drag this out, surely the EU isn't going to prevent MS from selling Win7 in Europe with this proposal on the table.

I believe that the more demands come from some of the companies, the better it is for Microsoft.

Needless to say, Monopolist like Apple (which undeniably has a 100% monopoly on Apple Hardware) should watch their steps, as they need to be handled accordingly, it's all about fair justice.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Aug 2009   #32
pillainp

Windows 8.1 Professional 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by matt0978 View Post
i might actually try one of these, which is better..maxthon?
Ie7Pro is a collection of addons for IE in one package.

Maxthon is an ongoing and extremely robust shell development for IE. It is a browser in its own right that uses IE's rendering engine. You install it and run it like you would FF or Opera.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2009   #33
wwoods

Vista64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sjaak327 View Post
Not an FF user at all, IE8 all the way for me. It is the most secure browser on Vista/Windows 7 in any case, because of the sandbox in relation to UAC.

To some people here, there is of course no such thing as being fair in business.

Microsoft should simply include the ballot screen with browsers that truly need to have their market share uplifted, and not include Opera and Firefox.

Or simply drag this out, surely the EU isn't going to prevent MS from selling Win7 in Europe with this proposal on the table.

I believe that the more demands come from some of the companies, the better it is for Microsoft.

Needless to say, Monopolist like Apple (which undeniably has a 100% monopoly on Apple Hardware) should watch their steps, as they need to be handled accordingly, it's all about fair justice.
It has nothing to do with fairness or justice, its all about the EU lining their pockets, what MS should do is include NO browser and NO ballot screen....

Let the EU deal with that...and quit their
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Aug 2009   #34
windows7user

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Mozilla used to be cool with the SpreadFirefox campaigns and stuff where they gained users honorably and explained nicely the benefits of using FireFox. I just can't believe Mozilla has now stooped this low.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2009   #35
Leobelbas

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

So, will the European Versions of 7 have the price of the equivalent upgrade costs of the US copies?Will there be upgrades in Europe or just the full installation discs with the price of the upgrade?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2009   #36
24c

Win7 x64 Ult
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Ie7Pro is a collection of addons for IE in one package.
I installed it a few minutes ago, after you mentioned it in a previous post, I like it - excellent addition - thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2009   #37
pillainp

Windows 8.1 Professional 64-Bit
 
 

Try Maxthon, you might like it even better.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2009   #38
24c

Win7 x64 Ult
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Try Maxthon, you might like it even better.
Alright.

ETA:
D/L, installed, all in about 3 minutes.
1st impression - very nice. Thanks again.

A little tweak here, a little tweak there, and I could see me using Maxthon on a regualr basis.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2009   #39
Everlong

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windows7user View Post
Mozilla used to be cool with the SpreadFirefox campaigns and stuff where they gained users honorably and explained nicely the benefits of using FireFox. I just can't believe Mozilla has now stooped this low.
Just seems people see this as an opportunity to get some low blows in on Microsoft.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2009   #40
fakeasdf

Win 7 Pro x64 x 3, Win 7 Pro x86, Ubuntu 9.04
 
 

blah, I use FF, but they are a bunch of bloody retards.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Mozilla asks EU to reject Microsoft's Windows 7 browser




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Web browser not opening, mozilla, IE , Opera etc..
Hello everyone, I haan issue before about product key got it solved, but didnt do the laptop clean. I know maybe thats why im having so many problems now, but I have no ack up right now and it was my fault for resetting the laptop back to a restore point back in ocotber when it wasnt working. For...
Browsers & Mail
Mozilla: First Browser Dedicated to Developers is Coming
Source...
News
IE8 always asks me to make it the default browser
Hi everyone :) I have this strange issue with IE8. Everytime I open IE, a diaglog box appears and tells me that "Internet Explorer is not currently your default browser. Would you like to make it your default browser?". I have the option "Always perform this check when starting Internet...
Browsers & Mail
Mozilla patches 10 security bugs in Firefox browser.
Source - Mozilla patches 10 security bugs in Firefox browser | Security Central - InfoWorld
Browsers & Mail
Microsoft asks Windows 7 testers for their photo
More at: Microsoft asks Windows 7 testers for their photo
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:16.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App