Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Microsoft: Validation for Windows 7 is coming soon!

29 Aug 2009   #91
wwoods

Vista64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGundam View Post
My best experience with a linux distro was with Linux Mint. I liked it but couldn't get KDE to work well so I gave up for a while, plan to reinstall it eventually (maybe after I get this bloody flash to work).

In all honesty I wanted to try OpenSolaris but I couldn't find my wifi drivers for it (Broadcom 43##) and let alone install them. I cannot connect to a wired network so that was out of the option.

I wanted to make linux look more mac-ish (but prettier.. because linux itself looks bland compared to Windows or OS X).



Theres also no way to tell if you are being truthful on that offer or not.

Though that is a tempting offer, can I get in on it?
Unfortunately, that offer is being extended to macgyver2 only.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 Aug 2009   #92
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wwoods View Post
Unfortunately, that offer is being extended to macgyver2 only.
:'( Sexist! lol I'm kidding. =P
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2009   #93
macgyver2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wwoods View Post
I am the one who said want is not need, and yes, I probably would have boiught the hammer for him so he coould work, and interesting challenge you pose to me. Would I help you buy windows7 so you could work.

Well, 1st of all it wont be out in 29 days, so you will need to re-arm your copy, but I wioll make you a deal. YOU get rid of ALL your pirated software, and I will cover your cost of Windows7 Ultimate. and have it shipped to you, I will pre-purchase it from amazon.com, BUT you must get rid of all your pirated software.

Now, there is no way I can honestly verify you have done this, so I will take your word. Now...challenge back at you.
Well I would have to learn how to re-arm in order to do that. Second I will find all the software that I pirate which I think is limited to photoshop and windows which at this time I think windows isn't considered pirated. All the other software I am running came with this laptop, so does changing OS from vista to 7 should affect the license should it?

I didn't realize I don't have as much software pirated as I thought when I started to admit that I do it. I just looked at my programs menu and 90% of the software I use is free or a "lite" version that's free anyway. Most of my tech tools are not installed yet so I can try and find free versions and I might start a post to help find free software that can do the same things like hardware testing or network testing software. I do know that I need backup software and have not found a free alternative that works well.

So as for the challenge I will uninstall Photoshop! I don't use office software since 7's version of word does what I need. I will see if I can take a screen shot of my installed software and then another with it gone as the best way I can think to show I am trying to be honest as this is really a hard challenge to pass up. Heck if you lived in the Orlando area I would show you my laptop as proof. So I will start a thread in the chillout room with screen shots etc. I do have to check a few pieces out as I still use an old serial number which was paid for but for older versions. So in a few hours look for my post.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Aug 2009   #94
7Dreams

Windows 7 Build 7600 64bit/Ubuntu/Leopard
 
 

lol, i didnt think this thread would reacvh 10 pages
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2009   #95
wwoods

Vista64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by macgyver2 View Post
Well I would have to learn how to re-arm in order to do that. Second I will find all the software that I pirate which I think is limited to photoshop and windows which at this time I think windows isn't considered pirated. All the other software I am running came with this laptop, so does changing OS from vista to 7 should affect the license should it?

I didn't realize I don't have as much software pirated as I thought when I started to admit that I do it. I just looked at my programs menu and 90% of the software I use is free or a "lite" version that's free anyway. Most of my tech tools are not installed yet so I can try and find free versions and I might start a post to help find free software that can do the same things like hardware testing or network testing software. I do know that I need backup software and have not found a free alternative that works well.

So as for the challenge I will uninstall Photoshop! I don't use office software since 7's version of word does what I need. I will see if I can take a screen shot of my installed software and then another with it gone as the best way I can think to show I am trying to be honest as this is really a hard challenge to pass up. Heck if you lived in the Orlando area I would show you my laptop as proof. So I will start a thread in the chillout room with screen shots etc. I do have to check a few pieces out as I still use an old serial number which was paid for but for older versions. So in a few hours look for my post.
That would be acceptable, I wsill be looking for your post, as toi the method of purchace, I will buy the Ultimate version from Amazon.com and have it shipped to your address. I will of course need yourr address, unless one of the admins would like to play go between here, I could have shipped to them and they ship to you....either way.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2009   #96
masterB

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wwoods View Post
That still does not justify stealing does it ? I mean I dont make enough to afford a lamborghini, does that mean I would be justified in stealing one ?

Honestly, lets get off the kick to justify theft.
I was making a statement on true facts. I don't judge people.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2009   #97
Snufffed

 
Still Beta Testing RTM

If I understand this correctly. MS thinks they have a NEW BETTER way to stop Piracy.
If this is correct.
1. Why have they not stopped all the Pirate XP versions.
2. Why have they not stopped all the Pirate Vista Versions.
3. I have 4 systems - Beta testing with.
3a. Pirate Win 7 Home Premium activated.
3b. Legit Vista SP2 Home Premium activated. (dual boot)
3b2. Illegal Vista SP2 Ultimate Activated (dual boot)
3c. Legit Win 7 Ultimate Activated.
3d. Legit Win 7 Home Premium Activated.
4. Currently I get the same updates on Legal version as I do Illegal Version.
5. I still have disk for all versions of XP. legal and illegal.

6. During all the TESTS from MS to kill ILLEGAL versions, the only versions that were SCREWED were the Legal versions. (XP an Vista).
That is also why I have FULL Backups of all versions.

Twice lately I have had to restore Vista SP2. (the legit version)
only 2 XP patchs have been eliminated that I tested.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2009   #98
LFB

Windows7 Enterprise SP1 x64 (Technet)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
If I understand this correctly. MS thinks they have a NEW BETTER way to stop Piracy.
If this is correct.
1. Why have they not stopped all the Pirate XP versions.
2. Why have they not stopped all the Pirate Vista Versions.
3. I have 4 systems - Beta testing with.
3a. Pirate Win 7 Home Premium activated.
3b. Legit Vista SP2 Home Premium activated. (dual boot)
3b2. Illegal Vista SP2 Ultimate Activated (dual boot)
3c. Legit Win 7 Ultimate Activated.
3d. Legit Win 7 Home Premium Activated.
4. Currently I get the same updates on Legal version as I do Illegal Version.
5. I still have disk for all versions of XP. legal and illegal.

6. During all the TESTS from MS to kill ILLEGAL versions, the only versions that were SCREWED were the Legal versions. (XP an Vista).
That is also why I have FULL Backups of all versions.

Twice lately I have had to restore Vista SP2. (the legit version)
only 2 XP patchs have been eliminated that I tested.
This is bad news... I thought Microsoft WGA was improved...

Hope this change... really do...

Is not fair with the legal users that buy their licenses... like us...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2009   #99
Colonel Travis

Black Label 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
If I understand this correctly. MS thinks they have a NEW BETTER way to stop Piracy.
No, according to MS, the goal of activation is to reduce it. You can't stop it, even MS acknowledges this.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2009   #100
7Dreams

Windows 7 Build 7600 64bit/Ubuntu/Leopard
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Colonel Travis View Post
No, according to MS, the goal of activation is to reduce it. You can't stop it, even MS acknowledges this.
yeah i think it was to try to reduce it, what world would it be without pirates.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Microsoft: Validation for Windows 7 is coming soon!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Microsoft confirms Internet Explorer 11 is coming to Windows 7
Source A Guy
News
Microsoft: IE9 beta coming September 15
More: Microsoft: IE9 beta coming September 15 | ZDNet
News
Microsoft's Ballmer: Windows 7 slates are coming this year
Full Article: Microsoft's Ballmer: Windows 7 slates are coming this year | ZDNet Really? Do we need a "Winpad"?
News
Microsoft Courier coming in 2011.
Source - Neowin.net - Microsoft Courier coming in 2011
News
Rumor: Microsoft Courier tablet runs Windows 7, coming
Read the rest here: Rumor: Microsoft Courier tablet runs Windows 7, coming 2010 - Ars Technica
Hardware & Devices
Microsoft stores coming in the fall
Microsoft stores coming in the fall Microsoft stores coming in the fall - Salt Lake Tribune Not entirely sure how reliable the source is, but interesting concept non the less. Anyone got any more articles on it? ~Lordbob EDIT:...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App