Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Microsoft: Validation for Windows 7 is coming soon!

29 Aug 2009   #101
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 7Dreams View Post
yeah i think it was to try to reduce it, what world would it be without pirates.
If they want to help reduce it, I'm sure reducing the cost would help. Just saying.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
30 Aug 2009   #102
7Dreams

Windows 7 Build 7600 64bit/Ubuntu/Leopard
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGundam View Post
If they want to help reduce it, I'm sure reducing the cost would help. Just saying.
yeah, well i hope we see that in windows 8. maybe not
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2009   #103
darkassain

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGundam View Post
I learned how to plead the fifth in school. Teacher + Cops = Learning is fun! (lol don't ask)
nice....



Quote:
What chipset is that? Aside from the graphic problem thats just about cured (only resolution fix.. no QE/CI yet), my iDeneb Copy of OS X 10.5.7 ran better then my sister's macbook!
my laptops chipset...
which is based on the puma platform....
since there is no mac puma (and even worse the HD3200 being not only a IGP but there is nothing short of reverse engenring that would make it work...)
also tried every res trick out there and it either: hangs the machine, wont boot at all or will halt the machine with a kernel panic

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Colonel Travis View Post
No, according to MS, the goal of activation is to reduce it. You can't stop it, even MS acknowledges this.
yep i think of it as the will of a certain group of people (ideology) where even if try everything you can they will eventually get through..

the only real deterrent i can see would be the OS being leased on a supercomputer, which i would hate (although it can means you can cheaply make a small interface (HID's, USB slots a lcd screen with antenna))
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Aug 2009   #104
7Dreams

Windows 7 Build 7600 64bit/Ubuntu/Leopard
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
nice....




my laptops chipset...
which is based on the puma platform....
since there is no mac puma (and even worse the HD3200 being not only a IGP but there is nothing short of reverse engenring that would make it work...)
also tried every res trick out there and it either: hangs the machine, wont boot at all or will halt the machine with a kernel panic


yep i think of it as the will of a certain group of people (ideology) where even if try everything you can they will eventually get through..

the only real deterrent i can see would be the OS being leased on a supercomputer, which i would hate (although it can means you can cheaply make a small interface (HID's, USB slots a lcd screen with antenna))
Just build a costum

pc to run, everything.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2009   #105
Snufffed

 
Be Safe not Sorry

Just a word of caution. When MS starts the Validation process.
I do recommend that everybody have a SPARE or available system with which you can Download the FIX.
If they kill your legal activated system, the last two times,(Windows XP) I had to go to the local pizza parlor, use his computer, download the fix, copy to portable HDD, then return to my system, upload and install.

So other wise, make a FULL Backup, then if your system is BLACKLISTED or KILLED, you can restore,(disable internet) disable the AUTOUPDATE, download the fix, install the fix, then allow the autoupdates to work...

PS: If you think simply changing the autoupdates to only if you say OK, think again. MS has proven many times in the past. THEY CAN, they will bypass your only if allowed and force the Autoupdate. Yes, I know they say that was a mistake. HOOY, they have been doing that since Win95 that I know off.

Legal or Pirate copies, at least this time MS is warning ppl we will be TESTING the KILL PIRATE copies.
PSS: This is also why I never have all my systems online at the same time.. laptops are nice, wireless is nice and today I can dl and fix my own system.
Even the old antique A22m by Intel (laptop) has wireless, (it is also Win 2000 - legit). it has USB. fantastic for fixer upper.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2009   #106
7Dreams

Windows 7 Build 7600 64bit/Ubuntu/Leopard
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
Just a word of caution. When MS starts the Validation process.
I do recommend that everybody have a SPARE or available system with which you can Download the FIX.
If they kill your legal activated system, the last two times,(Windows XP) I had to go to the local pizza parlor, use his computer, download the fix, copy to portable HDD, then return to my system, upload and install.

So other wise, make a FULL Backup, then if your system is BLACKLISTED or KILLED, you can restore,(disable internet) disable the AUTOUPDATE, download the fix, install the fix, then allow the autoupdates to work...

PS: If you think simply changing the autoupdates to only if you say OK, think again. MS has proven many times in the past. THEY CAN, they will bypass your only if allowed and force the Autoupdate. Yes, I know they say that was a mistake. HOOY, they have been doing that since Win95 that I know off.

Legal or Pirate copies, at least this time MS is warning ppl we will be TESTING the KILL PIRATE copies.
PSS: This is also why I never have all my systems online at the same time.. laptops are nice, wireless is nice and today I can dl and fix my own system.
Even the old antique A22m by Intel (laptop) has wireless, (it is also Win 2000 - legit). it has USB. fantastic for fixer upper.
lol. fututer ftw
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Aug 2009   #107
7Dreams

Windows 7 Build 7600 64bit/Ubuntu/Leopard
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
Just a word of caution. When MS starts the Validation process.
I do recommend that everybody have a SPARE or available system with which you can Download the FIX.
If they kill your legal activated system, the last two times,(Windows XP) I had to go to the local pizza parlor, use his computer, download the fix, copy to portable HDD, then return to my system, upload and install.

So other wise, make a FULL Backup, then if your system is BLACKLISTED or KILLED, you can restore,(disable internet) disable the AUTOUPDATE, download the fix, install the fix, then allow the autoupdates to work...

PS: If you think simply changing the autoupdates to only if you say OK, think again. MS has proven many times in the past. THEY CAN, they will bypass your only if allowed and force the Autoupdate. Yes, I know they say that was a mistake. HOOY, they have been doing that since Win95 that I know off.

Legal or Pirate copies, at least this time MS is warning ppl we will be TESTING the KILL PIRATE copies.
PSS: This is also why I never have all my systems online at the same time.. laptops are nice, wireless is nice and today I can dl and fix my own system.
Even the old antique A22m by Intel (laptop) has wireless, (it is also Win 2000 - legit). it has USB. fantastic for fixer upper.

wait so the fix will kill our pc?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Aug 2009   #108
wwoods

Vista64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 7Dreams View Post
wait so the fix will kill our pc?
Probably not.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Aug 2009   #109
7Dreams

Windows 7 Build 7600 64bit/Ubuntu/Leopard
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wwoods View Post
Probably not.
then how come snuffy was saying that, or was it a precaution.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Aug 2009   #110
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 7Dreams View Post
then how come snuffy was saying that, or was it a precaution.
I think he said it'd kill the install of the pirated copy so keep another OS handy (on disc).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Microsoft: Validation for Windows 7 is coming soon!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Microsoft confirms Internet Explorer 11 is coming to Windows 7
Source A Guy
News
Microsoft: IE9 beta coming September 15
More: Microsoft: IE9 beta coming September 15 | ZDNet
News
Microsoft's Ballmer: Windows 7 slates are coming this year
Full Article: Microsoft's Ballmer: Windows 7 slates are coming this year | ZDNet Really? Do we need a "Winpad"?
News
Microsoft Courier coming in 2011.
Source - Neowin.net - Microsoft Courier coming in 2011
News
Rumor: Microsoft Courier tablet runs Windows 7, coming
Read the rest here: Rumor: Microsoft Courier tablet runs Windows 7, coming 2010 - Ars Technica
Hardware & Devices
Microsoft stores coming in the fall
Microsoft stores coming in the fall Microsoft stores coming in the fall - Salt Lake Tribune Not entirely sure how reliable the source is, but interesting concept non the less. Anyone got any more articles on it? ~Lordbob EDIT:...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App