Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Buy Windows 7 for only $29.99 -[US Students Only]

17 Sep 2009   #21
Slimy

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ramones View Post
Is anyone sure this is legit? The site redirects to windows7.digitalriver.com, McAfee site advisor is showing some possible scamming from that website.
McAfee is ****. I write quality news and check my facts with Microsoft. I'm not interested in scams.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Sep 2009   #22
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
Pretty much. Two of the keys I have I'm selling (as it is legal to do so with them) one I'm using right now, and one is on hand for my new PC I'm planning on building sometime in the future. So, do I need another?

By the way, this is an upgrade key only.

Edit: By the way Antman, I'm not abusing it. I'm a legal student at one of their legal schools who can legally obtain a copy.
You are purchasing them with the intent to resell them. While it may be legal to resell a legally acquired license, acquiring them solely for purposes of resale is fraudulent, a violation of the tax code and a violation of the program's intended purpose.

I am calling you out on this because you are celebrating this illicit behavior while the smoke still lingers following the collapse of a similar offer.

Have some respect for the people who have been harmed. Show some respect for the integrity of this forum.
+1 No one could have said it better Antman!!

PS .. Dont be gone too long!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2009   #23
Zen00

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
Pretty much. Two of the keys I have I'm selling (as it is legal to do so with them) one I'm using right now, and one is on hand for my new PC I'm planning on building sometime in the future. So, do I need another?

By the way, this is an upgrade key only.

Edit: By the way Antman, I'm not abusing it. I'm a legal student at one of their legal schools who can legally obtain a copy.
You are purchasing them with the intent to resell them. While it may be legal to resell a legally acquired license, acquiring them solely for purposes of resale is fraudulent, a violation of the tax code and a violation of the program's intended purpose.

I am calling you out on this because you are celebrating this illicit behavior while the smoke still lingers following the collapse of a similar offer.

Have some respect for the people who have been harmed. Show some respect for the integrity of this forum.
I'm not buying the ones from this website with the intent to sell Antman.

The ones that I'm selling were aquired via another program that I can legally resell them from.

This one would be for if I were to get a second computer at some time during the coming year.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Sep 2009   #24
chuckr

XP_Pro, W7_7201, W7RC.vhd, SciLinux5.3, Fedora12, Fedora9_2x, OpenSolaris_09-06
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by myzr7 View Post
Yes the site is up and looks like MS has decided to cash in on this. After reading this apparently anyone with a college Id that has paid their tuition can get in on an $30 upgrade. What is a million times $30 anyway? Got to hand it to them they saw what was going on with the student thing and responded with their own deal.
Firstly, to answer the question:
$30 million.

Nextly,
I don't believe that MS is cashing in on this. $30 million is a drop in their bucket.
A few TV ads, maybe.

What is important, to them, is that they capture this generation of students and lock them into the Microsoft philosophy of 'Windows everywhere'.

The ACM provides other excellent opportunities for the true "Computer Science" student.

Quote:
"... a student could be described as "one who directs zeal at a subject".
In its widest use, student is used for anyone who is learning."
Or, being indoctrinated...

JMHO...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2009   #25
Antman

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chuckr View Post
...What is important, to them, is that they capture this generation of students and lock them into the Microsoft philosophy of 'Windows everywhere'.

The ACM provides other excellent opportunities for the true "Computer Science" student.

Quote:
"... a student could be described as "one who directs zeal at a subject".
In its widest use, student is used for anyone who is learning."
Or, being indoctrinated...
The core purpose and value of marketing.

I'd like a cheeseburger, fries and a coke, super-sized.

What kind of coke?

Dr. Pepper.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2009   #26
myzr7

Windows 7 Ulti. x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chuckr View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by myzr7 View Post
Yes the site is up and looks like MS has decided to cash in on this. After reading this apparently anyone with a college Id that has paid their tuition can get in on an $30 upgrade. What is a million times $30 anyway? Got to hand it to them they saw what was going on with the student thing and responded with their own deal.
Firstly, to answer the question:
$30 million.

Nextly,
I don't believe that MS is cashing in on this. $30 million is a drop in their bucket.
A few TV ads, maybe.

What is important, to them, is that they capture this generation of students and lock them into the Microsoft philosophy of 'Windows everywhere'.

The ACM provides other excellent opportunities for the true "Computer Science" student.

Quote:
"... a student could be described as "one who directs zeal at a subject".
In its widest use, student is used for anyone who is learning."
Or, being indoctrinated...

JMHO...
Yep Chuck 30 million, You are correct. My point was that MS rolled with the punches again. Much like the tech net fiasco where they sold x number of subs to people who had no clue as to what Technet was. Now this ACM AA deal becomes a bust and they clean up after wards. I am not bashing them. I am more like commending them on some shrewed business tactics. This program is aimed at all college students that want a upgrade for a price that they can afford. I looked at the eligibility reqs and it was clearly worded so that any college student was eligible. So I say it again your right Chuckr MS is going after any student it can get. And "just the facts ma'am" Slimy is right also, "MS loves students"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2009   #27
Antman

 

M$ is often bashed for their business practices. Here is a practice that benefits a large number of people.



My use of the term M$ is an allusion to the bashing. A self-referencing symbol in this application.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2009   #28
myzr7

Windows 7 Ulti. x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
M$ is often bashed for their business practices. Here is a practice that benefits a large number of people.



My use of the term M$ is an allusion to the bashing. A self-referencing symbol in this application.
I agree with that. M$ the benevolent
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2009   #29
chuckr

XP_Pro, W7_7201, W7RC.vhd, SciLinux5.3, Fedora12, Fedora9_2x, OpenSolaris_09-06
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by myzr7 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chuckr View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by myzr7 View Post
What is a million times $30 anyway?
Firstly, to answer the question:
$30 million.
Yep Chuck 30 million, You are correct.
I are a college grad...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Sep 2009   #30
poin2

Windows7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Good for you Chris ... YOU I know are legit!!
The process is a little funny...You verify your email and then they send you a link to the store where you can buy the cheap 7

I imagine that someone could have an EDU account that could be giving out the link for people to go in and buy it..seems insecure to me

Actually it says that the Product Key is emailed to yourself at checkout along with a link to download 7
The link they provide you to order is tied to your email and a password they provide you as well. They'll rapidly detect if anyone abuses it.

They also indicate they can ask anyone for proof of enrollment at any time, and failure to provide it will result in you being charged full retail price.

Anyway, don't think it's insecure, and they should rapidly catch any flagrant misuse.

The link they send isn't something you can easily spread to others, and works better than the free Technet thing or what they had going on with MSDNAA.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Buy Windows 7 for only $29.99 -[US Students Only]




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Students to get Windows 8 upgrade discount
Read more at source: Students to get Windows 8 upgrade discount | Windows 8 - CNET Reviews
News
Windows 7 deal for college students
Hi there, I am building a new PC and want to buy Windows 7 from the cheapest place. The $30 deal for college students is apparently gone. Right now they are offering it for $65 for college students which is still a decent deal. I am attending community college and they do not sell Windows 7 nor do...
General Discussion
Two Students, Two Downloads?
I've got twins. Both with college emails. We've upgraded one computer. Before running the install I copied all files to a jump drive. My question would be, do you have to download the files again or as long as you pay again and get the new product ID, can you use the same install files? Or is the...
Installation & Setup
Buy Windows 7 for only 30 - [UK Students Only]
More...
News
Windows 7 Pro $19 for students
Update: Windows 7 Professional is not offered anymore trough ACM.org membership.
News
Windows 7 RTM already Used by Aus Students since August
Read More-->
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:49.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App