Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Microsoft Security Essentials Available For Download

29 Sep 2009   #11
Antman

 

Perhaps you have a sig update newer than the download contains. Uninstall current (beta) version and install the new release.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 Sep 2009   #12
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Perhaps you have a sig update newer than the download contains. Uninstall current (beta) version and install the new release.
It also stated I had the latest when attempting to upgrade, I had to uninstall the beta and reinstall the other (not to much work since no restarts are required).

My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2009   #13
Antman

 

No logic will get you noware.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Sep 2009   #14
Crypto

Windows 7 Professional, Windows XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Perhaps you have a sig update newer than the download contains. Uninstall current (beta) version and install the new release.
It also stated I had the latest when attempting to upgrade, I had to uninstall the beta and reinstall the other (not to much work since no restarts are required).

Anyone who didi a clean install, Can you please list the Versions pls.

Coz as i see only my Microsoft Security Essentials Version has a lower number than moadips.
Hes got a Newer MSE Version but others are older than mine ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2009   #15
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Crypto View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Perhaps you have a sig update newer than the download contains. Uninstall current (beta) version and install the new release.
It also stated I had the latest when attempting to upgrade, I had to uninstall the beta and reinstall the other (not to much work since no restarts are required).

Anyone who didi a clean install, Can you please list the Versions pls.

Coz as i see only my Microsoft Security Essentials Version has a lower number than moadip.
Hes got a Newer MSE Version but others are older than mine ?
Microsoft Security Essentials Version: 1.0.1611.0
Antimalware Client Version: 2.0.6212.0
Engine Version: 1.1.5101.0
Antivirus definitions: 1.67.178.0
Antispyware definitions: 1.67.178.0
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2009   #16
Crypto

Windows 7 Professional, Windows XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post


Microsoft Security Essentials Version: 1.0.1611.0
Antimalware Client Version: 2.0.6212.0
Engine Version: 1.1.5101.0
Antivirus definitions: 1.67.178.0
Antispyware definitions: 1.67.178.0

Thanks
The easiest AV Installation ever

P.S : I see you've changed your name DarkNova ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2009   #17
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Crypto View Post

Thanks
The easiest AV Installation ever

P.S : I see you've changed your name DarkNova ?
Yes very easy install. I changed my name sometime late last week.

I think quote broke.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2009   #18
swarfega

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by moadip View Post
funny i get the error that a newer version is installed on my PC

Microsoft Security Essentials Version: 1.0.2140.0
Antimalware Client Version: 2.0.5612.0
Engine Version: 1.1.5101.0
Antivirus definitions: 1.67.166.0
Antispyware definitions: 1.67.166.0

those are mine. what are yours?
You need to uninstall that and intall the just released one.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Crypto View Post
This is what Iv got and still it says mine is the latest


Quote:
Microsoft Security Essentials Version: 1.0.1500.0
Antimalware Client Version: 2.0.6212.0
Engine Version: 1.1.5101.0
Antivirus definitions: 1.67.178.0
Antispyware definitions: 1.67.178.0
Uninstall that and install new one.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Me too. installed is 167.178.0 and no upgrade is avail

thanks Nick
167.178.0 is the database version number, the program version should read 1.0.1611.0.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2009   #19
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by moadip View Post
funny i get the error that a newer version is installed on my PC

Microsoft Security Essentials Version: 1.0.2140.0
Antimalware Client Version: 2.0.5612.0
Engine Version: 1.1.5101.0
Antivirus definitions: 1.67.166.0
Antispyware definitions: 1.67.166.0

those are mine. what are yours?
... Isn't that the same Version Number from the leaked version a while back, before the connect beta was public-ish?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2009   #20
ratePV

Windows 7 SP1 x64
 
 

Strange...
Ive downloaded using the location : United States
Upgraded it in 2 sec and running it perfectly
P.S. For the first time i have no error to solve

PPL you should try doing a clean install of MSE instead of the upgrade
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Microsoft Security Essentials Available For Download




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Microsoft Security Essentials download (86 and 64)
Download Free MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) from this link: Download Microsoft Security Essentials from Official Microsoft Download Center *SAVE* it to "downloads", do not select run! ... Right click on the download, once completed, right click and choose to run as Administrator. Let...
Security Basics
Microsoft security essentials will not work after new download!!!
I've done all I know to do I tried to uninstall the program but it would not let me. I tried downloading it again & it would not function at all. Too, I am not able to get any updates at All. This may be from an extension that appeared on Google Chrome from somewhere. It's name was Bannado or...
System Security


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App