Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7's Unexpected 'Killer' Feature

10 Nov 2009   #51
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zezasu View Post
Wow, I was reading for a really long time. Very interesting and a few laughs. While the whole article was about windows "Killer" features. It was nice to see someone point out why they like Windows XP, simple because it works. I quit using xp as soon as vista came out, and while i hated for dear life vista, it still felt way better then xp. No errors, okay tons of errors came up, but because i was messing with it. With XP errors popped out for no reason, even in SP3.

I do however think, Windows 7 is going to start kicking in faster despite this economic downturn, a lot of friends and others alike have been asking me about Windows 7 and how is it. Even people with Mac OSX have been asking since their sick of not be able to do anything, since it doesn't give them as much control for things.( Go figure)

Aside from that windows 7 is much more friendlier for first time users and while it make take time for some since the task-bar. I actually carry a laptop and let them play with it since its loaded with windows 7 and people like it. I should be a traveling windows 7 salesman lol.

Seriously though, people are liking it and will just buy a new computer and it will come with it. The average user wont be bothered to to change back to xp, to much of a hassle, so they will get used to it. (kind of how the avg person doesnt care what the gov. does) Love it hate it, windows 7 is here to stay !
I too carry my 7 loaded laptop and ppl go amazed looking at the new thing.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Nov 2009   #52
SquonkSC

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Debates sometimes go into directions that may not be expected. Sometimes you have to just set on the sideline and only observe. The players need to be allowed to go into the directions they are attempting; this allows both parties to get their points out in the open. Allowing the debaters to finish what they have to say is an important step in a debate. The idea behind the debate is to see if both parties can bring their points to the for front. A debate does not necessarily have to bring about a winner only that both were allowed to get their point across to those who were observing the debate.
So far we agree.

Quote:
Sometimes debates can get a little to heated, albeit it is not my place nor anyone else to step in (unless it becomes bloody). You have to allow the process to go forward. Also remember this is being done on a forum where the individuals involve are not going to come to blows. Even if they call each other names it is hurting only them especially in the eyes of their follow forum members.
Name calling and personal attacks don't belong in any debate, although politicians almost make you believe it does.
The rules of this forum are pretty clear on that.

for the record:
I wasn't trying to stop the debate, I was trying to remind my friends to keep it civil.
It is my place to do so, as it is anyone else's place to jump in and remind me to keep it civil, if I go too far or tend to go to far.

Sometimes we have to bite our tongues, take a step back and rephrase what we want to say, while we would rather like to kick somebody's *ss.

It's the only way we can keep this the best forum on the net.

Greetings
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2009   #53
Kari

 

Dear geeks and Gurus, please allow me to apologize causing (once again) some tumult because of my not intended sarcasm.

I'm considering some anger management therapy to be more polite Some of my recent posts have surprised even me; I am always telling to everybody that we all have the right to express our opinions but lately, it seems, I have had some problems with this continued XP vs. Seven battle. Personally I'm starting to be a little bit frustated and tired to hear, see and read a lot of pseudo-facts and subjective opinions presented as real facts.

The above mentioned is not meant to be an excuse; Squonk put it quite well when pointing out that offending someone only because of his / her personal opinion is not right. I am a Pro-7 geek and nerd, that should be clear to everyone. I think the time we had to wait an OS to replace XP was simply too long and now I'm feeling almost euphoric because the replacement is finally here and working so nice and effortless. But defending Seven and my opinions should not involve personal attacks, however strong I feel. I admit that.

That said, I have only one more thing on my mind: migrating to Seven is and should be everyones personal decision. I just hope the arguments used both pro and con would be based on facts, subjective opinions presented as they are and not trying to mask them as facts.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Nov 2009   #54
Kari

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Good morning, Keri. Er, Kari.
Afternoon, if you allow me to refrase it. It's almost 2:30PM here.

But, Insektenmann, good morning to you.

Curry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2009   #55
SquonkSC

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Good morning, Keri. Er, Kari.
Afternoon, if you allow me to refrase it. It's almost 2:30PM here.

But, Insektenmann, good n´morning to you.

Curry


I love you Kari.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2009   #56
Xzaviar

6@Win XP 1@Vista (1@Win 7 (Mine))
 
 
Good by from the FNG!!!

This was my first time posting to a board like this. I was actually quite excited to be involved in a discussion and hoping to be a part of the community.
Thanks to those who have been kind and not disected everything I wrote, there have been many. It was just my opinion as what I feel an average user might be concidering when contemplating an upgrade to Win 7.
As far as the few that have taken anything I said as a deep personal insult. Well, you are way above average. So far above average that perhaps some professional OCD consultation may be in order.
I must say that I expected something much different. You have your group and needless to say I am outside the box.
Again thanks to those that have sought to credit me with some validity, those that think the "FNG" has no place here good by.
I'll find a less narrow minded group elswhere.
I will stick with Win 7 for myself, I really like it, as for the average home computer user, I really don't see a burning need for them to spend $200.00 to upgrade their $500.00 computer. It just doesn't make sence. Most home PC users surf the web, belong to social groups, shop, send and receive email. Your average user knows nothing of tweeking something. I have talked to many people that shelve software because they can't get it to run the way they want to. I repair computers on the side for little more than the hobby of it. None of them have attained the stature of "Senior Member" "Seven Guru"...
This is a bubble of the elite and sometimes fanatical supporters that seem to have a tenuious grip of what people outside the bubble want or need. Some of you display a distain for those that don't place the latest and greatest hardware and software and the full working knowledge of said items at the top of their personal goals.
I enjoy camping with my family. I have been a Cub Scout Pack leader for three years. I go to every one of my kids athletic events, even practices.
I had no idea the kind of personal abuse I'd suffer for writing my first post. I still stand by it and will not retract a word. It was completely without mallace and the diatribe that arose from it was illogical. (It's the bubble thing)
So good by for now. Maybe sometime in the future I throw some balance into a thread again to see you guys explode. In the end your self distruction made the harmfull words towards me an unintended pleasure.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2009   #57
SquonkSC

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Hey Xzaviar,

Don't go now.

I think you didn't get that bad a treatment. (I've seen a lot worse, , just kidding)

Seriously though,
Remember, things in writing aren't always as clear as spoken word, and people can misinterpret it.
That combined with a slight overreacting, may have lead to you feeling less welcome.

But let me assure you when you get to know the guys, you'll find they are not as obnoxious as they seem at first. j/k

We do get a lot of folks in here who only join to dump their grief on us.
Rants, Insults, Trolls you name it.
When you had a cuople of those, and a bad day at work, one might sometimes misread a post and react a bit too harsh.

But at least two people apologized for their comments, so I think you should just accept that, and stick around to find out I am right.

This is a very nice forum, with very nice, only slightly geeky people with the best intentions.
And we all make mistakes sometimes.

Together we have helped thousands of people getting their system working again, and an extra brain is always welcome.

So what do you say? Give it another chance?

Edit: the comment by Antman was a joke. He is one of the most respected members,
and he has a cryptic sense of humor.
I assure you it was a joke.

Greetings

Michel
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2009   #58
Xzaviar

6@Win XP 1@Vista (1@Win 7 (Mine))
 
 
Ok, you won me over


I think I'll sit on the sidelines and read the various threads for a while and get to know the landscape a little better before I jump in head first again.
Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2009   #59
Johnson

XP Pro and Windows7 32 bit
 
 

Hello Xzaviar
 
Just joined to add to Squonk's points. You have to have somewhat of a thick skin when engaging total strangers in writing. As long as you don't reply in kind to ill humored people, a forum such as this pays dividends in knowlege, both from reading and also, more importantly, helping others.

I hope you stay and participate.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2009   #60
Kari

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
Hello Xzaviar
 
Just joined to add to Squonk's points. You have to have somewhat of a thick skin when engaging total strangers in writing. As long as you don't reply in kind to ill humored people, a forum such as this pays dividends in knowlege, both from reading and also, more importantly, helping others.

I hope you stay and participate.
+1

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7's Unexpected 'Killer' Feature




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Chasing the Flagship killer
Howdy all it has been some time since i posted here Cutting to the chase there is this phone called One + one Home - OnePlus.net $349.00 super duper phone right ? The problem is I have been following for months and the company is just playing games with people doing dumb contest and can't...
Chillout Room
App process killer
Hi - can anyone help im looking for an app process killer for ipad - same as task manager in the desktop pc. Can anyone shed some light on this pls?
Chillout Room
Killer xeno Pro & Windows Live
I was "somewhat" redirected here by CarlTR6. But regardless, He said that i might be able to find help here about my problem with Windows Live not working, and sometimes causing BSOD's. ( Personally, i think it does. ) So yeah. I kinda feel MSN and My Killer Xeno Pro don't wanna work together,...
Hardware & Devices
Process Killer
Occasionally, some program will fail to fully terminate upon closing it, leaving it's icon in the notification area, and still listed in Task Manager. Using the kill process command in the TM has no effect on it, doing the same with Process Explorer or Process Hacker results in the same. I also...
General Discussion
Windows 7: Linux Killer, Or Windows Killer?
The newest installment of Conventional Computer Wisdom holds that Windows 7 will be "a Linux-killer," unseating Linux on netbooks and sealing its fate on the desktop. Well, maybe XP-killer and Vista-killer is more like it. The details (as mused over at ComputerWorld.com) go something like this....
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:45.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App