Microsoft silently preparing your PC for Win 10

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 4,161
    Windows 7 Pro-x64
       #120

    Jesse Williams said:
    I haven't hid any of the updates that Microsoft has sent out to prepare the PC's for Windows 10, because when it comes out I will install it. But, I probably will not install the Windows 10 TP because there is too many bugs that haven't been worked out yet.
    Have you checked your Error Logs? I uninstalled and hid KB3035583 because it was filling my Log with errors.

    Update enables additional capabilities for Windows - Broken
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,167
    W10 32 bit, XUbuntu 18.xx 64 bit
       #121

    I wonder if there is code in those updates to determine the speeds of the download so it won't download on slow or metered connections without approval from the user.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1,944
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       #122

    carwiz said:
    Jesse Williams said:
    I haven't hid any of the updates that Microsoft has sent out to prepare the PC's for Windows 10, because when it comes out I will install it. But, I probably will not install the Windows 10 TP because there is too many bugs that haven't been worked out yet.
    Have you checked your Error Logs? I uninstalled and hid KB3035583 because it was filling my Log with errors.

    Update enables additional capabilities for Windows - Broken
    No, I haven't.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 4,161
    Windows 7 Pro-x64
       #123

    I have an Event Viewer shortcut on my Desktop. It takes you to the Summary. I look at it about every other day or so. That's how I caught the errors. I value this shortcut as much as MBAM, Proc-Ex and CCleaner. It's just a routine check even though no obvious problem exists on the machine.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,944
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       #124

    carwiz said:
    I have an Event Viewer shortcut on my Desktop. It takes you to the Summary. I look at it about every other day or so. That's how I caught the errors. I value this shortcut as much as MBAM, Proc-Ex and CCleaner. It's just a routine check even though no obvious problem exists on the machine.
    Okay. I will check it out. The computer seems to be performing okay.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 290
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
       #125

    Layback Bear said:
    I just removed and hid KB2952664 and KB3035583 when they came back when Checking Windows Updates.

    Ran Updates again and they both stay hid.
    What is KB2952664. Are both these, to prepare for Win 10?

    Regards,
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 5,605
    Originally Win 7 Hm Prem x64 Ver 6.1.7600 Build 7601-SP1 | Upgraded to Windows 10 December 14, 2019
       #126

    Yes
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 13,576
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #127

    Just got this one, the description is the same as the others, what are we supposed to do with it ?

    Once again the more info link takes you here.

    Before you install Windows 10 Technical Preview - Microsoft Windows
    Last edited by AddRAM; 22 Apr 2015 at 17:47.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 2,410
    Windows 7 Professional 32-bit/Windows 8 64-bit/Win7 Pro64-bit
       #128

    ThrashZone said:
    We're hiding the updates obviously because we're not interested in win-10 in tp state
    But I don't think Microsoft will even have any notifications on Windows until RTM, wouldn't they? They would not want people getting the beta version thinking it is full to complain.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 5,605
    Originally Win 7 Hm Prem x64 Ver 6.1.7600 Build 7601-SP1 | Upgraded to Windows 10 December 14, 2019
       #129

    AddRAM said:
    Just got this one, the description is the same as the others, what are we supposed to do with it ?

    Once again the more info link takes you here.

    Before you install Windows 10 Technical Preview - Microsoft Windows
    It depends, If you're getting the machine that update came on ready for Windows 10 (W10) then install it.

    If your not, then hide it otherwise it will keep coming back especially if you use Windows Updates Cleanup.

    There are two other lets say prerequisite KB's if one is going to install W10 on a 7 or 8 machine, KB2952664 and KB3035583. If you've looked around there is I believe 2 maybe 3 other threads and numerous articles on the web about these three KB's and how MS is being for one, sneaky about letting users know what these three are for. Do a search for any one of them.

    The general consensus here seems to be to hide these three until/unless you need them otherwise they keep coming back.


    Related:
    Check this thread from carwiz: Update enables additional capabilities for Windows - Broken
      My Computer


 
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17.
Find Us