Microsoft silently preparing your PC for Win 10

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,167
    W10 32 bit, XUbuntu 18.xx 64 bit
       #330

    Lady Fitzgerald said:
    groze said:
    Kari,

    You should know Microsoft may not know who is using windows 10 preview but they do track you and possibly track your key stroke that is in the windows 10 preview agreement. From my understanding on this, they want to see what applications crash, what applications people use the most, they want to see websites you visit, How well cortana work or doesn't work or is disabled by the user. They want to track your purchase as well, to what you buy. From my understanding they won't track secure store websites. Another words they won't be able to see your credit/debit card number unless your purchasing something directly from Microsoft.
    Uh, methinks Kari was using subtle, exaggerated sarcasm as a humor mechanism (in other words, he gotcha?).
    Lady Fitzgerald
    Yeah, I figured that out.

    No one really knows what the windows 7 KB3022345 update really does if it does anything at all. No one has studied the inter-workings of that particular update-yet.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 17,545
    Windows 10 Pro x64 EN-GB
       #331

    Yes, mylady. "Sarcasm explained is sarcasm lost"
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 9,615
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
       #332

    Kari said:
    Yes, mylady. "Sarcasm explained is sarcasm lost"
    Sad but true. Still, yours was pretty good.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 25,847
    Windows 10 Pro. 64/ version 1709 Windows 7 Pro/64
       #333

    As I understand it.

    Microsoft is trying to sneak different KB's into Windows 7 to peak at things. They don't give exact information what they are looking for.

    If someone could give a site to find out exactly what these KB's are looking for it would be very helpful. Until Microsoft releases that information we really don't know and all we can do is speculate.

    Kari do you know what Microsoft is looking for??
    If so where can we read about it?

    My mothers maiden name is Mom.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 9,615
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
       #334

    Layback Bear said:
    ...My mothers maiden name is Mom.


      My Computer


  6. NoN
    Posts : 4,167
    Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
       #335

    NoN said:
    As Carwiz said "We become guilty by association" everyone is a potential suspect now and we are slipping slowly in the paranoid world of their Games...I wouldn't be in the Microsoft socks at the moment. Its a way to freak away the people what's our governments are doing by allowing secret services to have an access to all the datas exchanged over the Net and the Mobile network.

    That said, MS will have to wait and be patient to have my end-users agreement for Windows 10 (retail, of course).
    I do quote my own post since i just read that: NSA bulk phone data collection ruled illegal by U.S. Court of Appeals

    Which is not really happening where i'm living since our Senate have valid something similar on May 05.

    But that's not entirely this forums to talk about.

    Microsoft is looking for selling its OS but must be torn apart by law & order.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 20,583
    Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
       #336

    Terms of use do not follow that anyway :)
    They should but do not apply to companies to individuals for products free or paid for.

    I agree there shouldn't be any differences but then again Google would of flopped years ago,
    M$ has just learned from users of Google produces and is going the same route = pity.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1,167
    W10 32 bit, XUbuntu 18.xx 64 bit
       #337

    NoN said:

    Microsoft is looking for selling its OS but must be torn apart by law & order.
    Non,

    Got a link to that information?, I would like to read more about it. Ubuntu would love to get there hands on Microsoft windows. Uwin that would be the new name of the operating system.
      My Computer


  9. NoN
    Posts : 4,167
    Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
       #338

    groze said:
    NoN said:

    Microsoft is looking for selling its OS but must be torn apart by law & order.
    Non,

    Got a link to that information?, I would like to read more about it. Ubuntu would love to get there hands on Microsoft windows. Uwin that would be the new name of the operating system.
    Humm, i meant by "selling its OS" just in a commercial way as its a corporation with employees that needs profit.

    Uwin?...looks like a submariner name...:)
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,167
    W10 32 bit, XUbuntu 18.xx 64 bit
       #339

    NoN said:
    groze said:
    NoN said:

    Microsoft is looking for selling its OS but must be torn apart by law & order.
    Non,

    Got a link to that information?, I would like to read more about it. Ubuntu would love to get there hands on Microsoft windows. Uwin that would be the new name of the operating system.
    Humm, i meant by "selling its OS" just in a commercial way as its a corporation with employees that needs profit.

    Uwin?...looks like a submariner name...:)
    Ok, misinterpreted that.
      My Computer


 
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49.
Find Us