Microsoft silently preparing your PC for Win 10

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 2,047
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-BIT
       #80

    My 3.5 MBPS Internet will accommodate that download for like 6 hours, I rather be receiving a physical copy of windows rather than digital download version.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 7,470
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
       #81

    Thanks for the heads up just uninstalled it wow
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 73
    Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit
       #82

    whs said:
    Jack, I bet MS is dreaming of this half a Billion people moving to W10 - it's not going to happen.
    It will happen. Just look to the Star Wars prequels. Didn't stop them from making a few billion dollars did they?

    Btw, very unusual stuff, KB3035583 & KB2952664 are both showing as optional updates for Win7 Ultimate, but as important updates for Win7 Home Premium. I guess MS is treating their Ultimate customers a little better...
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,167
    W10 32 bit, XUbuntu 18.xx 64 bit
       #83

    hirobo2 said:
    whs said:
    Jack, I bet MS is dreaming of this half a Billion people moving to W10 - it's not going to happen.
    It will happen. Just look to the Star Wars prequels. Didn't stop them from making a few billion dollars did they?

    Btw, very unusual stuff, KB3035583 & KB2952664 are both showing as optional updates for Win7 Ultimate, but as important updates for Win7 Home Premium. I guess MS is treating their Ultimate customers a little better...

    Both showed optional for me as well. I have windows 7 home premium.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 6,741
    W7 Pro x64 SP1 | W10 Pro IP x64 | W8.1 Pro x64 VM | Linux Mint VM
       #84

    hirobo2 said:
    Btw, very unusual stuff, KB3035583 & KB2952664 are both showing as optional updates for Win7 Ultimate, but as important updates for Win7 Home Premium. I guess MS is treating their Ultimate customers a little better...
    Or it could be that MS realise that Ultimate has a higher percentage of counterfeit copies out there than all the other versions put together so don't really care about it?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 73
    Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit
       #85

    ^That's funny b/c pirates seem to be having a better time/getting better features than legitimate license owners.

    Having these updates being "sneaked" onto the system is the digital equivalent to getting "deep-throated"...
      My Computer


  7. NoN
    Posts : 4,167
    Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
       #86

    Thanks for the heads up, hasn't thought those were so sneaky updates. I'm on my way to uninstall too and to wait and see.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1,167
    W10 32 bit, XUbuntu 18.xx 64 bit
       #87

    RoasterMen said:
    My 3.5 MBPS Internet will accommodate that download for like 6 hours, I rather be receiving a physical copy of windows rather than digital download version.
    That strange, my downloaded only took 2-3 hours. I have around that speed. Were you using windows 10 or windows 7? Slower download speed for windows 10?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 4,161
    Windows 7 Pro-x64
       #88

    groze said:
    RoasterMen said:
    My 3.5 MBPS Internet will accommodate that download for like 6 hours, I rather be receiving a physical copy of windows rather than digital download version.
    That strange, my downloaded only took 2-3 hours. I have around that speed. Were you using windows 10 or windows 7? Slower download speed for windows 10?
    The speed will most likely not stay constant. For me, it depends on when I try to download anything. Early in the morning is good. I've hit 6+Mbps in the morning. After about 8pm, I'm lucky to get dial-up speed with all the people on the same tower trying to watch movies off the web.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,944
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       #89

    We have a 20 Mbps connection. So, I don't know how good it will do.
      My Computer


 
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27.
Find Us