|10 Feb 2009||#81|
I just finished the install and I'm running 7022 now...
A few things I noticed:
-- Its faster!!!
Control Panel has updated the sorting method....There is no "Show all control panel items" anymore, just a View by->Category, Small Icons, Large Icons
UAC doesn't ask for restart anymore when you turn it to the last level (off)
Gadgets work with UAC off by default, no tweaking needed.
The coloring of many windows such as Windows Update, Personalization, Computer properties etc has slightly changed
Action center has a few visual (for now) updates, including some activity to the taskbar icon
A Desktop Gadget Gallery icon has been added to the All programs start menu. It just opens the gadgets normal window.
Homegroup and Network windows have visual improvements.
That's it... Sorry if in my excitement I didn't read previous posts where all these could have been mentioned already...
Off to find more new thingies...
Thanks for the detailed enhancements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone and everyone...please add to the forums as to what you have discovered in the new release
|My System Specs|
|10 Feb 2009||#89|
- Patch fixing the MP3 corruption bug is already installed.
- Clock gadget received a larger size.
- Gadgets menu changed slightly.
- Some themes - like the UK one - have slightly been changed.
- Searching through start menu seems a bit faster now.
- Internet Explorer 8 Release Candidate 1 is present.
- Gadgets are still working after turning UAC off.
- You have the chosen of displaying or hiding icons and gadgets at the desktop.
- WMP change: " It has stream now instead of the sharing options" (> don't understand)
- Generally a bit faster.
- "Show all control panel items"has been deleted in CP. Instead you can only choose from: 'View by > Category, Small Icons, Large Icons.'
- When turning off UAC, there isn't a balloon popup anymore: instead it's a notification in the action center.
- Coloring of many windows have slightly been changed.
- Few changes to Action Center: few visual updates, activity to taskbar icon.
- New icon in 'All Programs': Desktop Gadget Gallery.
- Few visual improvements to the Homegroup and Network windows.
- You're able to add a 'Downloads' link to the start menu.
- Same with a 'Homegroup' link.
- Only the 32 bits version has been leaked.
- This is NOT the latest build Microsoft internals are testing.
- The navigation pane to the left has changed from blue to grayish white.
- Installation seems much faster.
- It no longer asks you to join a HomeGroup during the setup, instead it's being created automatically.
- After the second reboot during install, when the bootloader came up there were three options: -Windows 7 (this would finish the install), Windows 7 Rollback (Not sure what this does. Possibly rolls back all changes the installer made? This did not show while installing Beta 1), and Windows 7 x86 (my previous installation of Windows 7).
- HomeGroup gets a new icon.
- General higher stability.
- New animation for the Explorer side pane.
- Ability to change width between address bar and search bar in explorer.
- Aurora and Energy screensavers have been removed.
- New Welcome Center background.
- Now Playing is smaller: just artwork with the song name, artist, and album name cycling at the top.
- Now Playing now renders fonts crystal sharp.
- Windows Photo Viewer now looks like a Win7 application.
- New explorer to sidepanel explorer animation.
- New transition effects while changing wallpaper manually.
- 'Library' button moved to the top right of the Now Playing window.
- Added ability to remove more Windows Features (e.g. WMP, Windows Media Center, Windows DVD Maker)
- Jump Lists have received new icons.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads|
Windows 7 64-bit Build 7022
Hello all! Well, I had to take the RAM down to 2GB but I got it to install.....:) Later :shock: Ted
How do you get Build 7022? And can you do a clean installation of it?
Topic says it pretty much. I either have to do a system repair and complete reinstallation or I was wondering how to get Windows 7 Build 7022 and if I can just do a clean installation of that? (The reason is that I am just having some problems and errors that I believe I somehow brought...
Build 7022 installation
Info from someone who installed the new build. Windows 7 Build 7022: Thoughts on installation process and new features - JCXP
|Installation & Setup|
Upgrade to Build 7022?
I'm running Build 7000 at the moment, is there anyway it can update to 7022 or do I have to download the whole OS and do an upgrade?
Help Downloading Build 7022
Could someone give me some step by step instructions on how to download and install windows 7 build 7022. Thanks :D
Gadgets not launching in build 7022
I just downloaded build 7022 and now i cant launch gadgets?? I wanted to add a new clock but i cant launch the program. Any one else see this as well??
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:43.