Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Announcing Office 2010 Beta Availability

18 Nov 2009   #11
sergiogarcia9

 

I've been running this since the Tech Preview as well


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Nov 2009   #12
Adrian

 
Office 2010

My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2009   #13
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Im going to DL it from TechNet when I get home, the x64 version! (yay)

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Nov 2009   #14
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

There are already many threads for this, can they please just be merged or something?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2009   #15
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

I have never d/l a beta before. Are they usually pretty much "bug free"? Do they have a time limit when they will become unusable? Thanks,
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2009   #16
Adrian

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
I have never d/l a beta before. Are they usually pretty much "bug free"? Do they have a time limit when they will become unusable? Thanks,
Microsoft has been delivering new software through beta releases to solicit input from the field. Beta versions are exactly that, try outs for the majors. So they are not to be used in mission critical machines because you use it as is, the license usually is good for a specific time frame. Hope that answers some of your questions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2009   #17
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Anyone know when this beta becomes inop?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2009   #18
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
I have never d/l a beta before. Are they usually pretty much "bug free"? Do they have a time limit when they will become unusable? Thanks,
Microsoft has been delivering new software through beta releases to solicit input from the field. Beta versions are exactly that, try outs for the majors. So they are not to be used in mission critical machines because you use it as is, the license usually is good for a specific time frame. Hope that answers some of your questions.

Thanks very much.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2009   #19
Adrian

 
64 Bit will not install

Reporting that the 64 bit Office will not install on a 64 bit machine if you have any version of office in 32 bit. To continue to installation all 32 bit versions must be removed.
I'll report back when I finish up.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2009   #20
Blongs

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Reporting that the 64 bit Office will not install on a 64 bit machine if you have any version of office in 32 bit. To continue to installation all 32 bit versions must be removed.
I'll report back when I finish up.
Wow, that's bad news, I really wanted to try the 64 bit version but I'm not willing to uninstall my office 2007.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Announcing Office 2010 Beta Availability




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Announcing Service Pack 1 for Office 2010 & SharePoint 2010
From TechNet flash newsletter: Scheduled for release at the end of June, SP1...more details.
News
After uninstalling Office 2010 beta can't install 2010 trial help
My beta expired so I uninstalled the beta. I restarted and tried to install the trial but I get this error. I read then that I was to delete the following reg entries Problem is the bottom entry is not deleteable. If I try to delete it or a subfolder or the key I get
Microsoft Office
Announcing the availability of windows sbs 7 preview
Announcing the availability of windows sbs 7 preview:
News
Office 2010 Beta
How long will office 2010 Beta run on windows 7? Just trying to plan when i have go back to office 2007. thanks
Microsoft Office
MS Office 2010 Beta
Hi John or Shawn hope you both are doing fine. Just thought I would drop a little thought that just maybe is time to remove the "Sticky" that Office beta is free; being its time has just about run out. Have a Nice day to you both. . .:geek:
Microsoft Office
Announcing the Availability of MDOP 2009
More...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:55.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App