W10 takes a bite out of W7

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

  1. Posts : 234
    Windows 7
       #70

    This is my Windows 8.1. I very much doubt I would be able to set up Win10 the same way:

      My Computer


  2. Posts : 20,583
    Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
       #71

    That is another thing about win-10 if anything is deemed incompatible 10 will remove it without notice
    I haven't notice anything going missing personally except the already mentioned GP options.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 234
    Windows 7
       #72

    ThrashZone said:
    That is another thing about win-10 if anything is deemed incompatible 10 will remove it without notice
    I haven't notice anything going missing personally except the already mentioned GP options.
    It is known to remove Classic Shell without prompt.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 20,583
    Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
       #73

    Pretty much the problem with workarounds
    Here yesterday and gone today = counter productive to reset up items over and over.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 2,047
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-BIT
       #74

    Windows 10 just refuses to work on VirtualBox. It detects the ISO but the screen remains black forever.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 20,583
    Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
       #75

    Not sure how you could even do a vm with a dual core and running 32 bit win-7 ?

    Download Microsoft® Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 14
    Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit, SP1
       #76

    groze said:
    lehnerus2000
    From the way I understand oems can't sell new windows 7, however they can keep selling refurbished as along as they want. They can probably make a new system into a refurbished system real easy.
    I apologize for not reading the last 8 pgs, but.....oems can still sell W7 systems.

    I just got a new pc at work. It's an Hp ProDesk I5 w/8 gigs of ram. It was shipped from HP with a Win7 pro disk and a Win10 pro disk. So apparently that is the way around it, at least for now.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 31,250
    Windows 11 Pro x64 [Latest Release and Release Preview]
       #77

    The Prodesk is an older system (2½ Years), that still qualifies for the downgrade rights when purchased by business customers under the old Microsoft terms and so should not be available through retail channels, although it could be as long as it was sold without the downgrade rights and thus the Win 7 Disk
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 111
    Windows 8 Pro x64
       #78

    Anixx said:
    This is my Windows 8.1. I very much doubt I would be able to set up Win10 the same way:
    I used a patch that allowed me to obliterate the Windows 8.1 Aero desktop and have a skinless classic theme. I used it on a VM installation though. Mind you, your screenshot looks suspect. The start menu looks too native for Classic Shell and what is Outlook Express doing on there?

    What gives?
    :)
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 31,250
    Windows 11 Pro x64 [Latest Release and Release Preview]
       #79

    Jody Thornton said:
    Anixx said:
    This is my Windows 8.1. I very much doubt I would be able to set up Win10 the same way:
    I used a patch that allowed me to obliterate the Windows 8.1 Aero desktop and have a skinless classic theme. I used it on a VM installation though. Mind you, your screenshot looks suspect. The start menu looks too native for Classic Shell and what is Outlook Express doing on there?

    What gives?
    :)

    Yeah, looks dubious to me too, A skinned XP, possibly?
      My Computers


 
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28.
Find Us