Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Which one is right for you?

20 Nov 2009   #11
iron2000

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Actually for personalization I would give XP the marks.
So far most 7 and Vista VS look almost the same as Aero.

Well, the other new functions kind of balance out though.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
20 Nov 2009   #12
jimbo45

Linux CENTOS 7 / various Windows OS'es and servers
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iron2000 View Post
Actually for personalization I would give XP the marks.
So far most 7 and Vista VS look almost the same as Aero.

Well, the other new functions kind of balance out though.
I like the Royale Theme with a Jaguar (animal) as desktop background - lifted from the wall paper in the Brazilian W7 Theme back - from the MS site.

Here's a W2K3 virtual machine (Host W7 X-64) image using ROYALE NOIR XP theme with a Brazilian Jaguar as desktop pic.

I wish I could replicate the nice grey black curved bars on W7 rather than the rather bland square one.

The W7 taskbar is OK but for me isn't really a MUST HAVE feature -- Id' rather have the old XP power toy Virtual desktops back.

Cheers
jimbo


Attached Thumbnails
Which one is right for you?-jag.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2009   #13
Lucky098

 

Nice desktop and theme - I used my own photo of my hearing dog, collie-cross (tri-colour) with nice smile... good picture - I usual like collie-type dog breed cos it so soft fur coat and nice cuddle.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Nov 2009   #14
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iron2000 View Post
Actually for personalization I would give XP the marks.
So far most 7 and Vista VS look almost the same as Aero.

Well, the other new functions kind of balance out though.
I like the Royale Theme with a Jaguar (animal) as desktop background - lifted from the wall paper in the Brazilian W7 Theme back - from the MS site.

Here's a W2K3 virtual machine (Host W7 X-64) image using ROYALE NOIR XP theme with a Brazilian Jaguar as desktop pic.

I wish I could replicate the nice grey black curved bars on W7 rather than the rather bland square one.

The W7 taskbar is OK but for me isn't really a MUST HAVE feature -- Id' rather have the old XP power toy Virtual desktops back.

Cheers
jimbo
That is a beautiful Jaguar
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2009   #15
johnwillyums

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

UP, Chris. Have you changed your avatars or have they been changed for you?
Uber, yours is less scary but Chris' seems to be in some kind of distress
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2009   #16
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnwillyums View Post
UP, Chris. Have you changed your avatars or have they been changed for you?
Uber, yours is less scary but Chris' seems to be in some kind of distress
Mine has been changed so many times over the last few days I don't even care what it is anymore...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2009   #17
chuckr

XP_Pro, W7_7201, W7RC.vhd, SciLinux5.3, Fedora12, Fedora9_2x, OpenSolaris_09-06
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnwillyums View Post
UP, Chris. Have you changed your avatars or have they been changed for you?
Uber, yours is less scary but Chris' seems to be in some kind of distress
Mine has been changed so many times over the last few days I don't even care what it is anymore...
I changed mine once, for TheSchaft...

Had to keep things "legal"...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2009   #18
dannyboy2005

Windows 7 Pro X64
 
 

Windows 7

I used to be a huge fan of XP Pro. When vista came out i tried it and was horrid. Sooo many bugs. Everyone was saying how good vista is but were getting bad performance (Due to the bugs)

I stayed with Pro for years untill i got a laptop with Windows 7 on it. Instantly i took a shine into it and got my self a copy.

I now have Windows 7 Pro x64, so it takes advantage of my dual core processor unlike my 32Bit XP Pro did. Runs alot smoother and a hell of a lot faster.

There was one down side, it took me over 6 hours just to connect the internet to my computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2009   #19
Joker7

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Seven, I am loving it so far =D
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2009   #20
patrickt

Windows7 beta 7000
 
 

In my opinion, most of the people who have bought W7, were using it as a beta and RC, liked it, and bought it. The casual users will get it when they buy a new computer. A friend of mine, who writes books, uses his computer only for writing and listening to DVDs while he writes and he's happily using Windows98 on a ten-year old computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Which one is right for you?




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:58.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App