Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 8 is coming in 2012

20 Nov 2009   #11
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 x3, Ubuntu
 
 

The three year cycle was only really missed with XP - Vista - due to the total change of direction when longhorn was almost complete - nice to see that Microsoft are going pack to the plan


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
20 Nov 2009   #12
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
The three year cycle was only really missed with XP - Vista - due to the total change of direction when longhorn was almost complete - nice to see that Microsoft are going pack to the plan
Well its better then waiting 6 years or so for another version of Windows.

I just hope the UI is prettier. :)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2009   #13
Warfare

Windows 7 x64
 
 

The price is steep for only 3 years IMO.. A retail version of Windows 7 Ultimate cost what $319 USD? I'm sure many people can not afford that every 3 years..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Nov 2009   #14
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
The price is steep for only 3 years IMO.. A retail version of Windows 7 Ultimate cost what $319 USD? I'm sure many people can not afford that every 3 years..
Thats why Microsoft doesn't force everyone to upgrade every time a new version comes out. :)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2009   #15
24c

Win7 x64 Ult
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
The price is steep for only 3 years IMO.. A retail version of Windows 7 Ultimate cost what $319 USD? I'm sure many people can not afford that every 3 years..
That breaks down to about $107 a year or roughly $2.00 a week. I don't think it's all that much.

ETA - It is probably less, I doubt most people buy Ultimate.
Skip a serving or two of lima beans and you are good to go.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2009   #16
Warfare

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
The price is steep for only 3 years IMO.. A retail version of Windows 7 Ultimate cost what $319 USD? I'm sure many people can not afford that every 3 years..
Thats why Microsoft doesn't force everyone to upgrade every time a new version comes out. :)
But lets be honest, once someone sees that a new version comes out they rush for it. Having the latest and greatest seems popular.

I just cant wait for the Mac vs PC commercials.


Mac: So PC why are you releasing OS's every 3 years.....
PC should answer: Why do you release a new OS ever 1 to 2 years?!!?!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2009   #17
Shade

Windows 7 x64
 
 

The only way we will die on 2012 is if Windows 8 is so amazingly crafted our human minds can't fathom the awesome that this OS bears. I suspect that upon using this OS our brains shall implode. But this all a theory.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2009   #18
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
The price is steep for only 3 years IMO.. A retail version of Windows 7 Ultimate cost what $319 USD? I'm sure many people can not afford that every 3 years..
Thats why Microsoft doesn't force everyone to upgrade every time a new version comes out. :)
But lets be honest, once someone sees that a new version comes out they rush for it. Having the latest and greatest seems popular.

I just cant wait for the Mac vs PC commercials.


Mac: So PC why are you releasing OS's every 3 years.....
PC should answer: Why do you release a new OS ever 1 to 2 years?!!?!
LOL, yes but still, if MS forced us to upgrade then it'd be different. I think the price could be lowered a bit but its still a fair price.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shade View Post
The only way we will die on 2012 is if Windows 8 is so amazingly crafted our human minds can't fathom the awesome that this OS bears. I suspect that upon using this OS our brains shall implode. But this all a theory.
Lol.. that or they integrate AI into Windows 8 and our computers decide to abuse us just like we abuse them. Admit it, we all abuse our PC's once in a while.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2009   #19
cameronn

Windows 7 RC (for the moment...)
 
 

Sounds good, new OS's are always fun.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2009   #20
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post
Lol.. that or they integrate AI into Windows 8 and our computers decide to abuse us just like we abuse them. Admit it, we all abuse our PC's once in a while.
LOL - I'd love a computer that swore back at me after I've sworn at it. It would make app crashes and BSoD a lot more fun

Then again, you would end up having to replace a lot hardware due to fisticuffs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 8 is coming in 2012




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
CPU says sound coming through speakers, but its coming via headphones
Hi everyone. I have my headphones plugged in and am getting poor sound quality out of them. My computer says that the sound is coming through my speakers, but its not (its just coming through the headphones.) I've attached a picture of what the comp's showing me for reference. I've tried going...
Sound & Audio
Thought's on LiveBoot 2012, WinSuite 2012 and PowerSuite Golden ?
Any Thought's on LiveBoot 2012, WinSuite 2012 and PowerSuite Golden ? PowerSuite Golden contains both LiveBoot and WinSuite. Thanks.
Software
kaspersky 2012 or 2012?
hi does anybody know if i can run kaspersky anti-virus 2012 and kaspersky internet security 2012 at the same time ? thank you (please don't email me your reply as it is down)
System Security
Windows 8 in 2012?
DailyTech - Ballmer: Windows 8 Will Land in 2012, Pop up in Tablets So apparently Windows 8 will be released sometime in 2012, I'm not too crazy about the release looks more like a SP of Windows 7 then a full blown change plus W7 was just released for a couple years and it's running very stable...
Chillout Room
Windows 8 in 2012
is it true windows 8 will be launch at 2012?? ah... windows 7 just launch not a long time,, and microsoft already planning to launch windows 8..i'm not be patient to see windows 8..
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App