Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Warning: Attackers can Steal Windows Credentials using Google Chrome

11 Jun 2017   #21
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Through the years I have use many if not all browsers at one time or the other.
All of them keep changing, so it's hard to tell at any one time which is the best.

For the last few years I have been using Firefox. I like it and it likes my computers.
It's simple to use with out adding a bunch of add on's. I keep it simple.
I keep it update and it works. That's it.

I have tried Chrome a few times through the years and have yet like it. Every update seem to add something I didn't want from a browser.
Just be a browser and leave me alone. I will take care of the rest.

Jack


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Jun 2017   #22
michael diemer

Windows 7 x64 SP1
 
 

I'm using Vivaldi. Beautiful and fast.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2017   #23
Melchior

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 (v6.1.7601.23537)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by michael diemer View Post
I'm using Vivaldi. Beautiful and fast.
That's a web browser? hm.. never heard of that one..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Jun 2017   #24
tetraps

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
That's a web browser? hm.. never heard of that one..
It's based on Chromium and created by some former Opera devs.

Vivaldi is very promising. It has many options for users to customize the UI. The only major thing it's missing right now is cloud sync between devices (for bookmarks, history, etc.) - once that feature is implemented, I plan to switch to Vivaldi as my main browser.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2017   #25
Melchior

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 (v6.1.7601.23537)
 
 

ok...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2017   #26
SCANNERMAN777

Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.1 Pro, Linux Mint/Cinnimon (Triple Boot)
 
 
What Jack Said

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Through the years I have use many if not all browsers at one time or the other.
All of them keep changing, so it's hard to tell at any one time which is the best.

For the last few years I have been using Firefox. I like it and it likes my computers.
It's simple to use with out adding a bunch of add on's. I keep it simple.
I keep it update and it works. That's it.

I have tried Chrome a few times through the years and have yet like it. Every update seem to add something I didn't want from a browser.
Just be a browser and leave me alone. I will take care of the rest.

Jack
Yes, yes, and yes!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2017   #27
sml156

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit 7601
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
That's a web browser? hm.. never heard of that one..
I'm trying out one you probably never heard of before either it's called

IceCat

Warning: Attackers can Steal Windows Credentials using Google Chrome-icecat-128.png

Quote:
Introducing GNUzilla and IceCat

GNUzilla is the GNU version of the Mozilla suite, and GNU IceCat is the GNU version of the Firefox browser. Its main advantage is an ethical one: it is entirely free software. While the Firefox source code from the Mozilla project is free software, they distribute and recommend non-free software as plug-ins and addons. Also their trademark license restricts distribution in several ways incompatible with freedom 0.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jun 2017   #28
RBS7

windows 7 & 8
 
 

Browsers are so subjective, it is like asking people what is their favorite color.

Chrome is my usual browser, but I am starting to use Firefox more and more. Version 59+ of Chrome is displaying things in unusual ways, for some pages. I have given up on IE or Edge on 10.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jun 2017   #29
SCANNERMAN777

Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.1 Pro, Linux Mint/Cinnimon (Triple Boot)
 
 
From I.E. to CHROME to FIRE FOX

I'm still using Fire Fox but hoping they'll work out the scripting issues soon. The whole security saga with Windows continues same as it ever was. I wouldn't say that it is exactly soothing knowledge that the tool package NSA used is now at the disposal of every two bit hacker and script kiddie but what can you do? Methinks I'm too old to learn Linux and the forums there are nearly as cold as the heart of the D Wave in Burnaby, B.C.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jun 2017   #30
Melchior

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 (v6.1.7601.23537)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SCANNERMAN777 View Post
I'm still using Fire Fox but hoping they'll work out the scripting issues soon. The whole security saga with Windows continues same as it ever was. I wouldn't say that it is exactly soothing knowledge that the tool package NSA used is now at the disposal of every two bit hacker and script kiddie but what can you do? Methinks I'm too old to learn Linux and the forums there are nearly as cold as the heart of the D Wave in Burnaby, B.C.
lol yeah..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Warning: Attackers can Steal Windows Credentials using Google Chrome




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:25.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App