The Fight is on:- Windows 7 or Vista SP2?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,086
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
       #20

    I have never had any of the problems that have been reported with vista, even before sp1. The only issue I had with it was gaming was not as good as xp. But now that seven has reinvigorated gaming I am happy to just go with her. I cant see there really being a battle because it is of my opinion that windows seven is head and shoulders above the rest when it comes to functionality and beauty, something the others can't compete with.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 51
    Vista Enterprise x64 SP1
       #21

    RST101 said:
    I have never had any of the problems that have been reported with vista, even before sp1. The only issue I had with it was gaming was not as good as xp. But now that seven has reinvigorated gaming I am happy to just go with her. I cant see there really being a battle because it is of my opinion that windows seven is head and shoulders above the rest when it comes to functionality and beauty, something the others can't compete with.
    Completely agree with this :)
    I would also like to note that a lot of the first complaints about Vista were related to the memory management and most (if not all) were...well, ignorant. I saw several people complaining about vista eating up memory saying it shouldn't do that and saying having nothing open used up half their RAM while in reality that's just far better memory management than XP.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 676
    Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 x64 Windows 8 Enterprise RTM x64
       #22

    I am using both these os's and for me the clear winner is 7.

    Uses less space, less ram, looks better, seems smoother and snappier, i could go on..
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,086
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
       #23

    win7 said:
    I am using both these os's and for me the clear winner is 7.

    Uses less space, less ram, looks better, seems smoother and snappier, i could go on..
    And on and on and on and on and on and.....................................
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 137
    Windows 7 Build 7277
       #24

    Bare Foot Kid said:
    Quote Deleted (I quoted the wrong person)
    I don't care if it was Windows 98 under the hood. As long as it keeps doing what it is doing now, I will definitely buy it on the way out.

    I don't understand why people find the most insignificant and most petty things to discuss about. This is Microsoft's product. If they want to take Vista, clean house, and call it Windows 7, then they have to the right to do so.

    You don't see anyone starting up debates about the fact that a Lexus LS, and a Toyota Camry are the same exact car, just with a few bells and whistles. Under the hood, they are the same exact thing, just on the outside, the Lexus is more luxurious. So I proclaim, Vista to be the Toyota, and Windows 7 to be the Lexus.
    Last edited by JerzeyLegend; 14 Apr 2009 at 22:39.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 5
    Windows 7 7077
       #25

    I agree. Vista akin to Carolla and 7 akin to Lexus.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 3,141
    Vista Ult 64 bit Seven Ult RTM x64
       #26

    I'll take the Lexus.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 214
    Windows 7 Build 7600 Laptop and desktop. Also OSX 10.5.7 and 10.6 Snow on Laptop
       #27

    I would never go back to Vista now. No need.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,003
    Win7 Ultimate x64 on Desktop / Win7 Ultimate x86 on laptop / Win7 x86 Starter on Netbook
       #28

    Well if your talking cars now, more interesting than x verses x.
    I want a Lotus Exige.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 137
    Windows 7 Build 7277
       #29

    Romulinx2 said:
    Well if your talking cars now, more interesting than x verses x.
    I want a Lotus Exige.
    The Lotus Exige might be Windows Azure.
      My Computer


 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:35.
Find Us