Windows 7 Feature Focus

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

  1. Posts : 3,141
    Vista Ult 64 bit Seven Ult RTM x64
       #50

    Hello kritesht, rover3500 and roafri,

    Welcome to the Seven Forums.

    Hope you enjoy your stay. Be sure to check out the tutorial section if you haven't already. Lots of great tips, tricks, and tweaks there.

    Enjoy.

    Gary
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 650
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
       #51

    @ Mr GRiM
    Same gadgets no side bar....try it and if you like gadgets you will like placing them wherever on the desktop you want them. I have found that my Vista gadgets work just fine on Win7. Go ahead an try them. What I like most is the working folders gadgets and how solid the networking is compaired to Vista. I personally run the x64 Version with very good hardware on this machine with very little problems needing resolving. I have had to assist friends with their x86 version. I generally find the same thing almost every time. 3rd party drivers not playing nice. Come on people....upgrading drivers is elemetary school to us in this day and age so quit making excusses about it and change the oil so to speak. you can do it for your car can't you. Get new tires when needed. Again a driver issue. Old hardware search for updated drivers. Haven't had the problem of not being able to do what ever I want on Vista/Win7 (Basicly the same under the covers). 1GB processor and 512mb ram to run Vista/Win7 recommend any dual core and 2 gig ram and maybe even a fancy vid card for $49 (8600gt) or up if you want the GUI.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 529
    windows 8.1 Pro x64
       #52

    skimmed the list, 90% of it doesnt affect me, of the other 10% some of the affect is negative.

    Better UAC, positive change for me.
    Enhanced taskbar, negative change for me and actually looks more of a mess.
    Live essentials, is good all the stuff in that isnt part of the core OS.
    IE8, whilst still has bloat issues its better than IE7 for sure.

    What's not mentioned and is a major fact I am going to bypass vista to windows 7 is that windows 7 is fast. The code seems to have been optimised somewhat.

    In an ideal world if I can get my XP theme on windows 7 I am laughing, I get XP's looks on windows 7 code base. I would also like the control panel to be simplified, put all of display back into one applet etc.

    To bobtran, yes networking was very dodgy in vista, hard to configure (still hard in windows 7 compared to XP but not as bad as vista) and unrealiable eg. wireless refusing to recconect etc. Windows 7 seems to handle networking better my wireless has not failed to connect once.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 11
    Windows 7 x64
       #53

    Thanks for the read Peter, definitely alot of positives in this OS, the only thing that has bugged me is this stupid ribbon they have added in from Office 2007, I like the traditional Menu system.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 250
    Win 7 RC 64bit b7229
       #54

    techie2008 said:
    Thanks for the read Peter, definitely alot of positives in this OS, the only thing that has bugged me is this stupid ribbon they have added in from Office 2007, I like the traditional Menu system.
    I used to use shortcuts, but i have to say that graphically this ribbon is a well made thing!
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 74
    Windows 7
       #55

    Dzomlija said:
    Calculator. The Windows Calculator utility inexplicably receives a major upgrade in Windows 7 with calculation history, unit conversion, calculation templates, data calculations, and other new features.
    I wonder when will the Windows Calculator have what I think is, although incredibly simple, its ever missing feature: Stay on top.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 5
    windows 7
       #56

    Mr GRiM said:
    No it's not the RC and it is not worth downloading, it's older then build 7077 and it has been hacked to make it English from the original Chinese build.
    some of my friends told me build 7106 is very good coz have memory manager complete(improved from 7100) ,something like this.
      My Computer


 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:25.
Find Us