Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What Has Windows 7 Done For You?

27 Jan 2010   #21
NinaJay

Windows 7 x 32 bit
 
 

The best thing I like about 7 is that it led me to this forum


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
27 Jan 2010   #22
wee

XP/W7/Lucid/Arch
 
 

As a person who started with Open Source distributions, and having gotten used to programs that run fairly quickly; W7 is a fair addition.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jan 2010   #23
CarolC

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

I just found this forum tonight as I am desperate for help with Windows 7. I do like it more and more as I play with it (Upgraded from XP), but I am having two major problems I am trying to search for help on.
Prob 1. I cannot get my HP iPAQ to sync with my computer now. Even the HP forum is at a loss.
Prob 2. I cannot restore my backed up outlook files and personal folders. This is devastating as some of those folders had key codes to unlock programs as well as passwords.
I hope this forum will have some help for me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Jan 2010   #24
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarolC View Post
I just found this forum tonight as I am desperate for help with Windows 7. I do like it more and more as I play with it (Upgraded from XP), but I am having two major problems I am trying to search for help on.
Prob 1. I cannot get my HP iPAQ to sync with my computer now. Even the HP forum is at a loss.
Prob 2. I cannot restore my backed up outlook files and personal folders. This is devastating as some of those folders had key codes to unlock programs as well as passwords.
I hope this forum will have some help for me.

You better start your own thread. Here you are hijacking a thread with a different topic. Besides you are liable not to get a lot of attention to your problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jan 2010   #25
valtonray

Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NinaJay View Post
The best thing I like about 7 is that it led me to this forum
i like this reason
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jan 2010   #26
severedsolo

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

actually i have a confession Windows 7 has made me lazy.... the new "super search bar" means i never use the file system or the desktop anymore :P everything i use all the time is pinned and everything else i search for, i love the fact i can just type one word and get what i want (for instance, WLM just type "Mail" and its there on the top, Love it)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jan 2010   #27
valtonray

Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by severedsolo View Post
actually i have a confession Windows 7 has made me lazy.... the new "super search bar" means i never use the file system or the desktop anymore :P everything i use all the time is pinned and everything else i search for, i love the fact i can just type one word and get what i want (for instance, WLM just type "Mail" and its there on the top, Love it)
rather this makes you more productive or aides in procrastination it's a great thing to get used to.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jan 2010   #28
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarolC View Post
I just found this forum tonight as I am desperate for help with Windows 7. I do like it more and more as I play with it (Upgraded from XP), but I am having two major problems I am trying to search for help on.
Prob 1. I cannot get my HP iPAQ to sync with my computer now. Even the HP forum is at a loss.
Prob 2. I cannot restore my backed up outlook files and personal folders. This is devastating as some of those folders had key codes to unlock programs as well as passwords.
I hope this forum will have some help for me.
Hi Carol and welcome

You will get more response if you start your own thread in say the "browser and mail section"

The message import should not be a problem. Does the HP iPAQ have drivers for XP, or vista? If so you can use them installing in compatibilty mode
to do compatibily mode right click the installer>properties>comparibility>check the correct OS.

Again welcome

Ken J+
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jan 2010   #29
valtonray

Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarolC View Post
I just found this forum tonight as I am desperate for help with Windows 7. I do like it more and more as I play with it (Upgraded from XP), but I am having two major problems I am trying to search for help on.
Prob 1. I cannot get my HP iPAQ to sync with my computer now. Even the HP forum is at a loss.
Prob 2. I cannot restore my backed up outlook files and personal folders. This is devastating as some of those folders had key codes to unlock programs as well as passwords.
I hope this forum will have some help for me.
Hi Carol and welcome

You will get more response if you start your own thread in say the "browser and mail section"

The message import should not be a problem. Does the HP iPAQ have drivers for XP, or vista? If so you can use them installing in compatibilty mode
to do compatibily mode right click the installer>properties>comparibility>check the correct OS.

Again welcome

Ken J+
the iPAQ will have xp driver's vista drivers are unlikely though as the PDA craze died out well before vista came around.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jan 2010   #30
CarolC

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

To all of you who responded, thank you for your kind words and guidance. I will search the other threads for info on my system issues.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 What Has Windows 7 Done For You?




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:51.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App