Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What Has Windows 7 Done For You?

29 Jan 2010   #41
scoopeeedoo

 
 

Well, at my first try of the RC1 (x86), i thought about another Vista kind of OS and just switched back to XP...
Then i gave it another try (weeks later...) and, with a closer view, i discovered a finally very interesting system; i like the fact that gadgets are totally independant, the native iso burner (ok, i still use Nero, we don't redo ourselves, but for those who don't have it...), the new task bar and its possibilities (even if i don't really use all of them), and, of course, the velocity in general.
Now i run the x64 and effectively, i regret that the most of the apps are still in x86...
Paris was not done in one day, was it...?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 Jan 2010   #42
scoopeeedoo

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by valtonray View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NinaJay View Post
The best thing I like about 7 is that it led me to this forum
i like this reason
And so i do! Well said!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #43
thefabe

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

Made me cringe whenever i boot into my antiquated looking XP. Fabe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Jan 2010   #44
stormy13
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Still don't like that it doesn't make my coffee in the morning.

Other than that, zero complaints.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #45
liamdawe

 
 

Stopped me using Linux....so far.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #46
Nikolay

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Windows XP Pro x86 | Windows Vista Ultimate x86
 
 

Windows 7 is causing me inconvenience with this problem I've been having and I can't resolve it. Made multiple threads and no luck. But besides that, Windows 7 has been pretty solid for me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #47
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nikolay View Post
Windows 7 is causing me inconvenience with this problem I've been having and I can't resolve it. Made multiple threads and no luck. But besides that, Windows 7 has been pretty solid for me.
Can you link the threads. We can have another look whether there is a solution.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #48
Nikolay

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Windows XP Pro x86 | Windows Vista Ultimate x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nikolay View Post
Windows 7 is causing me inconvenience with this problem I've been having and I can't resolve it. Made multiple threads and no luck. But besides that, Windows 7 has been pretty solid for me.
Can you link the threads. We can have another look whether there is a solution.
Downloading reduces performance

and

Downloading makes 7 really slow
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #49
KazeNoKoe23

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
Made me cringe whenever i boot into my antiquated looking XP. Fabe
Totally agree. It got to the point where Windows XP felt more like Windows eXPired.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #50
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nikolay View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nikolay View Post
Windows 7 is causing me inconvenience with this problem I've been having and I can't resolve it. Made multiple threads and no luck. But besides that, Windows 7 has been pretty solid for me.
Can you link the threads. We can have another look whether there is a solution.
Downloading reduces performance

and

Downloading makes 7 really slow
Nikolay, I had a look at your 2 threads and posted my thoughts on the second thread. Did not want to hijack this thread with it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 What Has Windows 7 Done For You?




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App