Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows Activation Technologies Update for Windows 7

17 Feb 2010   #131
jfar

Vista Ult64, Win7600
 
 

There you go.

1. Click Start, type Action, and click Action Center.
2. Click Change Action Center settings.
3. Clear the checkbox next to one or more of the security or maintenance options.
4. Click OK and you’re done.
Bear in mind that the purpose of these system messages are to keep your PC running safely and smoothly. If you disable them, you may miss an important warning.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Feb 2010   #132
pezzonovante

Windows 7 RTM x86
 
 

I always update all of my softwares as soon as possible. Never had an issue.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Feb 2010   #133
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

I suspect that while currently this is sort of a voluntary update, that it will be incorporated in SP1, whenever that is released, and there will no longer be a choice, without not installing the SP. Considering the remaining bugs in the system, I don't consider that an attractive thought. I've been willing to overlook the small flaws until now, but the idea of having to wait to install the SP until I know that it is clean, or figure out a way to block it, doesn't make me so tolerant as before.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Feb 2010   #134
omegatron

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 & x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
I suspect that while currently this is sort of a voluntary update, that it will be incorporated in SP1, whenever that is released, and there will no longer be a choice, without not installing the SP. Considering the remaining bugs in the system, I don't consider that an attractive thought. I've been willing to overlook the small flaws until now, but the idea of having to wait to install the SP until I know that it is clean, or figure out a way to block it, doesn't make me so tolerant as before.
Only way I see them sneaking this into a service pack is if their lawyers think they can win another court battle.

They got a very friendly judge the first time around...

Judge dismisses Windows anti-piracy software lawsuit

But it's the same as playing russian roulette to think that they'll get one in every case...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Feb 2010   #135
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 x3, Ubuntu
 
 

Thread cleaned up - again - for the last time
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Feb 2010   #136
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by omegatron View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
I suspect that while currently this is sort of a voluntary update, that it will be incorporated in SP1, whenever that is released, and there will no longer be a choice, without not installing the SP. Considering the remaining bugs in the system, I don't consider that an attractive thought. I've been willing to overlook the small flaws until now, but the idea of having to wait to install the SP until I know that it is clean, or figure out a way to block it, doesn't make me so tolerant as before.
Only way I see them sneaking this into a service pack is if their lawyers think they can win another court battle.

They got a very friendly judge the first time around...

Judge dismisses Windows anti-piracy software lawsuit

But it's the same as playing russian roulette to think that they'll get one in every case...
Perhaps, but that case also set a Precedent, which in the law has a strong bearing on future decisions.

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Stevy22 View Post
Great News DUDe!!!!!!!
Two questions...what is great news, and does your avatar indicate that you are affiliated with MS, or just a fan.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

It seems that posts keep appearing and disappearing so fast, that the thread is becoming incoherent, so I may stop posting in it. That's not good, because it has been a worthwhile thread until now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Feb 2010   #137
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 x3, Ubuntu
 
 

If anyone has questions on the running of the site, a polite PM to an admin will get more response than questions in an open forum that are not directly related to the original topic.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2010   #138
dmex

 

This update will be included with Windows 7 SP1 and will not be optional, It will check your activation with Microsoft every 90 days after installing SP1 indefinitely.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2010   #139
cloud8521

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dmex View Post
This update will be included with Windows 7 SP1 and will not be optional, It will check your activation with Microsoft every 90 days after installing SP1 indefinitely.
... storms abrewin. best to relock to keep it out
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Feb 2010   #140
omegatron

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 & x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dmex View Post
This update will be included with Windows 7 SP1 and will not be optional, It will check your activation with Microsoft every 90 days after installing SP1 indefinitely.
Could you provide a link to the article please?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Windows Activation Technologies Update for Windows 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows Activation Technologies, computer not running Genuine Windows.
Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0): ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data--> Validation Code: 0x8004FE21 Cached Online Validation Code: 0x0 Windows Product Key: *****-*****-D3FF6-DBX4C-PMRVR Windows Product Key Hash: VueNuSXJuhxhHbk14QaOuTKTCxc= Windows Product ID:...
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
I have this plugin for Firefox (Ver: 7.1.7600.16395) enabled, but can't seem to find any information about what it does, or required, or even if it is genuine. I searched Microsoft for the answer to no avail. Can anyone shed a light on this?
Browsers & Mail
Windows Activation Technologies Update for Windows 7.
Source - Windows Activation Technologies Update for Windows 7 - Genuine Windows Blog - The Windows Blog
Windows Updates & Activation
Installed new Activation Technologies . . .
So the update was offered unticked, but I went ahead and installed it, over 4000 registry changes later, everything works . . . . After the reboot, Norton 360 needed another reboot to update itself. So 2 reboots later Windows cheerfully comes up with my copy of Windows isn't valid. Clicked get...
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows Update - Activation Failing
Hi All, I have started getting the following error when trying to run windows update and when I try and activate my Windows. Error 80072EE2 I have been able to run Windows update in the past. Any thoughts???
Windows Updates & Activation


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App