Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: ACTA leak: ISPs to be bound by new rules

09 Mar 2010   #71
neo101

WIN7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lee View Post
As I said, thieves will always find a way to prove they are right, and no better what everyone else is wrong. They will attempt to prove themselves to be nice people by finding a way to lie their way out of a situation regardless of how wrong it is. "It is not fair that Microsoft makes all that money, and I don't get any of it, so I will steal their property, and that goes for Adobe, and Corel, etc.." "They owe the people (me) for just being here." Get my point.
The companies you quote are global virtual monopolies.

As the networked/computerised World grows exponentially year by year -
Windows Ultimate Operating System should be selling for $20
Adobe CS4 $25

It's sheer greed by the few and abuse of a privileged Global position that the people have put them in.

That's the bottom line!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
09 Mar 2010   #72
RST101

Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
 
 

Just to add to neo101s post there about greed etc I decided to reinstall GTA 4 before and all went well until I tried to open my games for windows live with it so I could play online.

Now because it was my fourth install with the same game, which I paid 30 for by the way, it now say's I have to purchase ANOTHER key to be able to do so, WTF, I have already paid good money for that game and now they want to screw more out of me for a game I already bought. Who's the theif now? They have basically took the game back off me and told me to buy it again.

Come on people where is the fairness in that, they have basically stole my game yet have the audacity to accuse people of stealing their stuff.

But I suppose you will just agree with them.

By the way it's not rockstar who are preventing me playing it because I can still play single player but MS wants its own 30 now for me to play on-line.

But that'll be ok with all you wont it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2010   #73
dmex

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RST101 View Post
You changed your tune!

oh I forgot your part of "the team".
What does that mean exactly?

Quote:
We are not on about walking in stores and stealing though are we? We are on about COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT which unless done commercially falls under civil law not criminal law therefore can not be classed as theft(by UK law). Don't you get it?

Have you never recorded nothing no? If you have does that make you a thief?

Just because I don't agree with the cooperation side of it doesn't make me a thief does it?

Also, when you say you is it me you refer to or?


Yes I have recorded tv shows its actually illegal here and the majority of the Commonwealth inc the US.

You forget the majority are from different country's and its classed as theft just about everywhere.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Mar 2010   #74
RST101

Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
 
 

Quick pic took from gta 4 as I just tried to log in. Time and date visible.

Hope it's visible, sorry if it isn't.

Now is it right to take yet more money from an average joe to feed the billionaire fat cats, I have paid for it once and now they want more money.

But I'm in the wrong, right?


Attached Thumbnails
ACTA leak: ISPs to be bound by new rules-sdc10138.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2010   #75
Staple Head

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RST101 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
If you walk into a store and walk out with a CD without paying for it, you are stealing it and by definition that makes you a thief... you can try to justify it, but it doesnt change anything... you are what you are...
What are you on about? Who said anything about walking into a store and stealing? Of course your right because it is a physical possession.

It was an analogy... Theft does not require that the item be a physical possession...i.e identy theft
no but like rst101 said unless you are making a profit at it the digital copy falls under civil law not criminal law. so the laws governing physical property and digital property are some what different. it is a poor analogy to try to apply one to the other.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2010   #76
Staple Head

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RST101 View Post
Quick pic took from gta 4 as I just tried to log in. Time and date visible.

Hope it's visible, sorry if it isn't.

Now is it right to take yet more money from an average joe to feed the billionaire fat cats, I have paid for it once and now they want more money.

But I'm in the wrong, right?
and this just another reason why cracks exist.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2010   #77
RST101

Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Staple Head View Post

and this just another reason why cracks exist.
But according to the logic in this thread I would be a thief if I were to use a crack.


I don't expect an answer from the people in this thread who are backing the cooperations about whether I should have to pay again to play MY game, it's only right as they own the copyright so can do what they please can't they.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2010   #78
severedsolo

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

RST101 i agree with you in principle, morally it is wrong, unfortunately, if you were to challenge it, you would lose, the fact of the matter is, that these big companies have the lawmakers in their pockets, and things will not change any time soon,

of course with the advent of the digital britain report, soon we will all be assumed to be pirates until proved otherwise, and can have our internet access cut off if we're even suspected,

welcome to the birthplace of free speech and democracy....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2010   #79
RST101

Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
 
 

Of course I would lose!! That's the very reason piracy exists in the first place, to combat the corrupt and those that pay off the law!

Most of these on the forums seem brain washed too, that's why it continues like it does.

Maybe they don't mind paying for a game a couple of times but I sure as hell do.

Need to grow some gonads people!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2010   #80
ccatlett1984

 

Have you tried contacting microsoft to get it to activate? Windows will do the same thing after a few activations, but you can call and get it activated over the phone.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 ACTA leak: ISPs to be bound by new rules




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Firewall rules to prevent IP leak from sudden VPN disconnect?
Hello. I am using OpenVPN software and it's all setup and working. Seeing as im using a well known vpn program I was wondering if it was pretty straightforward to further secure the connection. Would anyone be able to direct me to a tutorial perhaps? or maybe I just need some specific firewall...
System Security
European Parliment Rejects ACTA
Finally, some common sense prevails! Source:- Europe Rejects ACTA Anti-Piracy Trade Agreement - The Hollywood Reporter (EDIT: This is my first ever news thread, so if anything's wrong with it please advise...)
News
Don't forget about ACTA
ZDNet How ACTA would affect you: FAQ | ZDNet Just because SOPA & PIPA are currently shelved, don't forget about the "elephant in the room".
News
Windows 7 key bound to DVD?
I have installed Windows 7 from a DVD from my friend. he deleted the ei.cfg-file but in the Setup i werent asked which version i want to install .. but the headline of th license-agreement said Ultimate x64 (what i wanted to install) ... so i went on! the installation worked and now i want to...
Installation & Setup
Bound to happen
Hustler is making a 3D Avatar parody porno. LOL. God I hated that propaganda movie. Hustler Producing Super Pricey Avatar 3D Porno
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App