Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 RC

21 Apr 2009   #651
Win7User512

Windows 7 x64 / Same
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
Vista wasn't any transition OS from XP there by any means. What is now being seen in 7 is the major refinement starting off at first with the Vista kernel while now seeing some rather new improvements integrated into it.

As far as 8 at this point everything is speculation and nothing confirmed except MS will start work on the next version once 7 is finished in order to get back on their original 2-3yr. time frame for each new version. At this time however we are waiting to see what the RC brings along in comparison to the beta into escrow stages and on from there.
Riiiight. We know MS didn't intend for Vista to be a transition OS..but it did when public outcry made MS hit the ground running to produce another OS.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Apr 2009   #652
wguimb

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Satch View Post
Ahem. This from a newspaper in New Zealand. Pay particular note to the second paragraph and third paragraph from the bottom.

Windows 7 - Microsoft's antidote to Vista | Stuff.co.nz

January is still the official line?? I did not know that. Not sure how many other papers around the world ran this story. I hope the article is right when it says "Signs point to a possible release months ahead of schedule"...
Thanks for that. That was a good article on Julie. I had heard she was high-level for Office 2007 back when but I didn't know Ballmer put her in charge of Windows 7 also.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2009   #653
Satch

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
What does that have to do with Windows 7 RC? This thread is about the soon to be released RC, not the finalized Windows 7.
I guess it is all interconnected. Sorry for posting this in the wrong thread.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Apr 2009   #654
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Win7User512 View Post
Riiiight. We know MS didn't intend for Vista to be a transition OS..but it did when public outcry made MS hit the ground running to produce another OS.
What MS decided to do there was make a corporate decision to actually start looking at what the consumer wants and not be just another competitor to Apple/Mac, SUN, and other software companies as well as the other guy's OS! This was one main reason for seeing the 7000 made public in order to collect the initial feedback from those that signed being the typical home user and not just the corporate customers that support about 50% of the MS income.

The initial reaction to Vista was sad since MS left the system requirements a little bit too low so when people with the older systems started running it you heard the complaints start rolling in! The actual problem now is seeing 7 with a higher WEI requirement when it runs better for several on the old builds. Try 512mb of memory for a start.

That last part is what I've already been hearing since January by simply browing various discussions on 7. There's no wonder why the RC once out won't prove even more refined as well as updated over all the leaks that have been seen. What Vista turned out to be was the much needed patch to all of XP's securoty holes as well as other problems proceeding the SP3 for the old version there.

7 makes life easier with not seeing the UAC intrusive like was seen in Vista plus refined to outperform both previous versions by not seeing the dreaded "bloat". The RC itself is taking everything from the various develop labs and compiling each best part into the near finish there. And we are all panting and panting for a look at that!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2009   #655
Orbital Shark

 
 
slightly off track....but back on again

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Iknewitwin7 View Post
You guys make me laugh

Do we like installing Windows 7 or using it?
Another point i'd add is the fact that while most of the people here just want to know where to get their hand on the RC (as we all do), others install as many builds as they can to pinpoint issues with installation, software, hardware and networking. The ultimate goal for some is to find working solutions to many peoples problems, as we've all had issues with various builds that have been solved via this forum.

There is no amount of software that can (fully) uninstall an unused program. There will allways be remnants of it clogging up the system, which at first may not cause any issues but will soon start hogging your registry.

Hopefully RC will have better control over the removal of programs. It would be nice to see Windows Add/Remove Programs actually remove a program, instead of leaving directories, files & registry keys all over the gaff.

Roll on RC.....Can't wait
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2009   #656
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

That would be something to see instead of manually tracking down and removing reg keys and individual values along with multiple file and folder locations. It's not only in just the Program Files but under the admin or other user name(s) under appdata and the hunt goes on...

Talk about a million temp folders it's easy to contend with 7 over XP on that one! I still have to clear out a bunch on the XP side there. Gee where is that RC now? The x86 RC to replace XP, the x64 RC to replace the x86 7077... or is it the other way around?

Now don't forget the leak test partition still gets a wipe after each ? is looked over!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2009   #657
kpo6969

 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2009   #658
darkassain

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Iknewitwin7 View Post
You guys make me laugh

Do we like installing Windows 7 or using it?
yes it an addiction...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Iknewitwin7 View Post
I also re-install every 6 months. Every OS, even Apple's, suffers performance hits over time.

Clean installs are the best.
but automated installs is where the money is...
there is alot that can be automated meaning that it will faster than you being there and having to click every single choice....
even for apple i believe...
(not too long of a user but people have during the OSX install automated installs for other programs....

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wguimb View Post
There are so many rumors and then rumors of other rumors floating around the blogosphere. I have heard nothing definitive today. What we do know is this...
a) Builds in both branches for RTM and RC are being compiled each day.
b) Windows development team, ISV's, OEM's, VAR's and other partners are still testing. Which means they have not set the final build yet.
c) Several MSFT web site accidents (sic) have revealed some ideas for RC dates but only key players at MSFT know the real dates. Things can change at any moment.
d) Build 7082 may leak but it is not the final RC by any means
e) Windows 7 RC will be available in the next few days or weeks, officially or unofficially
d) TechNet and MSDN can only download build 7000 as this post
e) People who know what's going on are not saying.
f) There is no build 7200.

I am still waiting for a confirmation email after being authorized for the Partner Program. Hopefully I will get it soon. Posting info on here might be why I don't have access yet. But I'll get over it
someone had to say it and it was you...
it summarizes everything we know so far in neat little package...
+rep...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by swarfega View Post
7077 will tie me over until May 5th. Its only two weeks away!
i cant wait either...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Orbital Shark View Post
Another point i'd add is the fact that while most of the people here just want to know where to get their hand on the RC (as we all do), others install as many builds as they can to pinpoint issues with installation, software, hardware and networking. The ultimate goal for some is to find working solutions to many peoples problems, as we've all had issues with various builds that have been solved via this forum.

There is no amount of software that can (fully) uninstall an unused program. There will allways be remnants of it clogging up the system, which at first may not cause any issues but will soon start hogging your registry.

Hopefully RC will have better control over the removal of programs. It would be nice to see Windows Add/Remove Programs actually remove a program, instead of leaving directories, files & registry keys all over the gaff.

Roll on RC.....Can't wait
allmost impossible unless we go the old style .ini way (i mean completely not modifying the User and the other Reg hives...) + no putting or replacing files in any place than the root folder of the app...
or if we use only *portable* files....
i use the latter as most of 1st type are already dead or usually incompatible....


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
That would be something to see instead of manually tracking down and removing reg keys and individual values along with multiple file and folder locations. It's not only in just the Program Files but under the admin or other user name(s) under appdata and the hunt goes on...

Talk about a million temp folders it's easy to contend with 7 over XP on that one! I still have to clear out a bunch on the XP side there. Gee where is that RC now? The x86 RC to replace XP, the x64 RC to replace the x86 7077... or is it the other way around?

Now don't forget the leak test partition still gets a wipe after each ? is looked over!
lol i still remember Dll hell and how difficult it was to replace (knowing which dll files replaced was the first step) with ME (my first Home OS) system restore was a very valuable tool (primitive compared to 7 and vista and even XP but still got the job done...)
OT
but i still dont understand this ME FUD...
i have installed about 20 systems with Win ME during its product cycle still active (meaning its still got its patches) with no problems...
most of these people wanted universal removable flash drive support (as this was very difficulate to accomplish in Win98SE...
but i have succeeded more than once to do...)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2009   #659
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

Since when do you see anything on a tueday? Even the leaks always seem to appear at the end not early in the week. The leak called the 7106 found on torrents isn't the one being mentioned in the article there either.

Well someone has to be the "skeptical inquirer" for the least sake!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2009   #660
Termana

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 7600 RTM
 
 

Some programs that have a trial period purposely leave registry keys and files around
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Windows 7 RC




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:12.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App