Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Office 2010 Reaches RTM!

30 Apr 2010   #121
LFB

Windows7 Enterprise SP1 x64 (Technet)
 
 

Same here with me: Office not found...

I think is just because Office 2010 is not released to market yet... only for MSDN and Techent...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
30 Apr 2010   #122
24c

Win7 x64 Ult
 
 

I have installed Pro Plusx64 on 3 machines - all activated w/o issue.

Are ACTIVATION and VALIDATION the same thing?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #123
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 24c View Post
I have installed Pro Plusx64 on 3 machines - all activated w/o issue.

Are ACTIVATION and VALIDATION the same thing?

No.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Apr 2010   #124
24c

Win7 x64 Ult
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 24c View Post
I have installed Pro Plusx64 on 3 machines - all activated w/o issue.

Are ACTIVATION and VALIDATION the same thing?

No.
There seems to be. My installs are activated, but NOT validated.

Office Genuine Advantage

Problem: No Office products eligible for validation were found on this computer. This may be due to one of the following:
  • The version of Office installed on this computer is earlier than Office XP.
  • There are currently no Office applications installed on this computer.
  • The version of Office you are using is hosted on another computer or a terminal server. Read more about this in the FAQ.
Solution: Purchase genuine Microsoft Office with a new computer, or from a retailer or software reseller near you. Learn more about how you can buy Microsoft Office.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #125
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LFB View Post
Same here with me: Office not found...

I think is just because Office 2010 is not released to market yet... only for MSDN and Techent...
This makes sense, When I got my RTM version of 7 it arrived a couple days before oct.22 and I installed it, activated it, but when I tried to validate it before the actual release date it wouldn't do it and told me to try again after the 22nd.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #126
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 24c View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 24c View Post
I have installed Pro Plusx64 on 3 machines - all activated w/o issue.

Are ACTIVATION and VALIDATION the same thing?

No.
There seems to be. My installs are activated, but NOT validated.

Office Genuine Advantage

Problem: No Office products eligible for validation were found on this computer. This may be due to one of the following:
  • The version of Office installed on this computer is earlier than Office XP.
  • There are currently no Office applications installed on this computer.
  • The version of Office you are using is hosted on another computer or a terminal server. Read more about this in the FAQ.
Solution: Purchase genuine Microsoft Office with a new computer, or from a retailer or software reseller near you. Learn more about how you can buy Microsoft Office.
Did you use the same key for all 3?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #127
24c

Win7 x64 Ult
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Did you use the same key for all 3?
Yes, only had 1 at the time - got more today.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #128
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 24c View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Did you use the same key for all 3?
Yes only had 1 at the time - got more today.


Yes, I just checked, I was offered more.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #129
24c

Win7 x64 Ult
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 24c View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Did you use the same key for all 3?
Yes only had 1 at the time - got more today.


Yes, I just checked, I was offered more.
I've got 3 legal installs thanks to TechNet - I'll be renewing that deal in the beginning of June.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #130
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 24c View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 24c View Post

Yes only had 1 at the time - got more today.


Yes, I just checked, I was offered more.
I've got 3 legal installs thanks to TechNet - I'll be renewing that deal in the beginning of June.

I'm going to renew mine the first week of June also, no doubt about it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Office 2010 Reaches RTM!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Find Office 2010 Updates, When Office 2010 Isn't Installed?
I don't know if maybe I'm the only one who runs into this problem or if it happens to a lot of people, but it seems to come up a lot for me. I have had this issue on many computers but right now I am setting up an old Dell Latitude E5510 for an employee and I have reformatted, installed all...
Microsoft Office
New Office Reaches RTM!
Read more at source: Office News - Office Reaches RTM!
News
Microsoft Office 2010/ Replace Office 2010
:DI have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 and Microsoft Office 2007 Small Business. I will be receiving Office 2010 Professional Plus. Do I have to uninstall Office 2007 Small Business or can I install Office 2010 over it. What is the best way to handle the upgrade. I have a lot of files on word and...
Microsoft Office
Office 2010(Win7, 64bit) won't open Office 2007(WinXPr3 32 bit) files
Just bought a new laptop with Windows7 64bit installed-my first exposure to Windows7. I had Office 2007 installed on my old Dell 32 bit machine. I had also recently pruchased Office 2010 and installed that on my new machine. Now, when I try to open those 32bit 2007 files with 64bt 2011, Iget...
Microsoft Office
File Validation from Office 2010 to Office 2003 and Office 2007
File Validation from Office 2010 to Office 2003 and Office 2007 - Softpedia
News
Office 2010 Pro Plus Win7 x 64 Excel reconfigures Office 2010
It seems that there may be a problem in Office 2010. I just installed it to the standard MS default/recommended settings .........all looked good...used Word great..until I use Excel and each time I try to use excel it sets off an 'Office Configuration' screen which I can not stop..it take a few...
Microsoft Office


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:55.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App