Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: The "Official" RC download for Technet/MSDN

03 May 2009   #301
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by partouch View Post
What does it matter even if you ARE an original member.. even new people like me can have it because they might have a technet subscription.. so quityrbsing...

PS: Thanks for that video up there dude cleared up some stuff..

You really have no reason to start whining about people being rude and bragging here. With just joining and having 17 posts, how can you make the call that people are bragging and throwing it in others faces that they have the official form technet.

If people have it from technet, then that means they PAID to have that right to get it, they're not just going to post a link for it and say, here you go. Besides the fact that they could get into trouble and lose their account if they did, no one's really obligated to post any links.

It's a privilege to be here, not a right. You can Google a link for 7100 yourself, being that's it's the same or just wait two more days when everyone can get it.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 May 2009   #302
partouch

Windows 7 Build 7077 32 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
You really have no reason to start whining about people being rude and bragging here. With just joining and having 17 posts, how can you make the call that people are bragging and throwing it in others faces that they have the official form technet.

If people have it from technet, then that means they PAID to have that right to get it, they're not just going to post a link for it and say, here you go. Besides the fact that they could get into trouble and lose their account if they did, no one's really obligated to post any links.

It's a privilege to be here, not a right. You can Google a link for 7100 yourself, being that's it's the same or just wait two more days when everyone can get it.
For the first part.. I really hate it when people discriminate each other over number of posts on forums. I need to have no-life in order to voice my opinion ? that's just avoiding help, answering for questions or patronizing.

For the second part, I didn't know it can result in loss of the technet subscription although that is really ridiculous for someone who paid 350$. I didn't came in demands for anything so I never said anyone is obligated for anything.I accept your opinion (In regards to technet memebership loss only).

Third, It's a privilege to be "here" ? It is a public forum. As long as i respect the rules of this forum or any other public forum- I have every right to "be" here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2009   #303
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

The point is there's no reason to join up on this site and start whining about how others are rude and bragging just because you can't get what you want.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 May 2009   #304
partouch

Windows 7 Build 7077 32 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
The point is there's no reason to join up on this site and start whining about how others are rude and bragging just because you can't get what you want.
You know what forget it ok ? forget i ever mentioned it (although it will be hard considering the amount of posts we both wrote regarding the subject)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2009   #305
garysgold

Vista Ult 64 bit Seven Ult RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by partouch View Post
Third, It's a privilege to be "here" ? It is a public forum. As long as i respect the rules of this forum or any other public forum- I have every right to "be" here.
You have the right to visit here, but your privilege to post here can be revoked at any time.

I too have a technet sub. You are allowed to download and test many thousands of dollars worth of software. I for one don't want to lose that privilege. Be glad to help in any other way that I can.

Gary
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2009   #306
Satch

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xan K View Post
man, why would somebody download the exact same file twice? if your hashes match it is the EXACT same thing. but, whatever floats anybody's boat...
Probably because it gives that "new build rush" to those who like to continually re-install their OS's!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2009   #307
partouch

Windows 7 Build 7077 32 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by garysgold View Post
You have the right to visit here, but your privilege to post here can be revoked at any time.

I too have a technet sub. You are allowed to download and test many thousands of dollars worth of software. I for one don't want to lose that privilege. Be glad to help in any other way that I can.

Gary
Nice attitude Gary, I understand the technet sub issue but again as long as I operate according to rules of this forum and post in relevance, There should be no reason what so ever for me getting banned from this site(to be more specific in regards to my privilege).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2009   #308
fakeasdf

Win 7 Pro x64 x 3, Win 7 Pro x86, Ubuntu 9.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Satch View Post
Probably because it gives that "new build rush" to those who like to continually re-install their OS's!
Yeah, but the rush is no fun when nothing changes But when you have unlimited bandwith, why the hell not
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2009   #309
garysgold

Vista Ult 64 bit Seven Ult RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by partouch View Post
Nice attitude Gary, I understand the technet sub issue but again as long as I operate according to rules of this forum and post in relevance, There should be no reason what so ever for me getting banned from this site(to be more specific in regards to my privilege).
I see no reason that it should be, nor do I in any way wish it to be so. Just pointing out that your both right. It is both a right and a privilege.

Gary
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2009   #310
partouch

Windows 7 Build 7077 32 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by garysgold View Post
I see no reason that it should be, nor do I in any way wish it to be so. Just pointing out that your both right. It is both a right and a privilege.

Gary
I'm happy we understand each other .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 The "Official" RC download for Technet/MSDN




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
"Enterprise fanboys" push back on TechNet subscription shutdown
Read more at: "Enterprise fanboys" push back on TechNet subscription shutdown | ZDNet
News
Windows XP now almost "Hidden" on Technet
Hi there XP is definitely approaching it's death throes. On TechNet if you just search Operating systems or even Windows you won't find any XP versions for download -- however by actually searching for "Windows XP" explicitly you can get access to XP pro sp3 if you still need it - I'm running...
Chillout Room
MSDN copy of Build 7600 "not genuine"
I have a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium N, which I downloaded from the Microsoft MSDN page. I use it for testing in VMware. Well, the networking was screwed up, so I went into VMware settings and changed it from NAT to Bridged. I then ran Windows update. When it was done updating I got a message in...
Windows Updates & Activation
MSDN Blogger Releases "Insomnia" for Keeping Windows 7
MSDN Blogger Releases "Insomnia" for Keeping Windows 7 Awake! Download so no excuse now! source
Software
Windows 7 "N" versions up on TechNet
N versions of Starter, Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise were put on TechNet a little while ago. These are the "Not with Media Player" versions.
General Discussion
Download Windows 7 RTM Wave 3 via MSDN and TechNet
more
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App