Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Govt wants ISPs to record browsing history

13 Jun 2010   #21
severedsolo

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
If you are in England, they are already doing it.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by madmansam View Post
where is the civil liberty and Human rights ??..I am in England and believe it or not sometimes when I am online I feel that someone is there with me recording everything ..I am not paranoid..but no one will know if they already doing it or not ..LOL... what we gonna do about it .. nothing is the word .. Governements get away with everything... I am thinking of cutting the middleman and post all my web browsing details direct to them , advertize my bank and personal details on google and even put a webcam in my toilet so they can find out what colour is my pant and which toilet paper I am using !!!!!!
Yes they are, but the data is stored away securely and can only be accessed through a Court Order


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
13 Jun 2010   #22
SIW2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

Thin end of the wedge.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2010   #23
madmansam

win7 ultimate 32 , 64 ,XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by severedsolo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
If you are in England, they are already doing it.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by madmansam View Post
where is the civil liberty and Human rights ??..I am in England and believe it or not sometimes when I am online I feel that someone is there with me recording everything ..I am not paranoid..but no one will know if they already doing it or not ..LOL... what we gonna do about it .. nothing is the word .. Governements get away with everything... I am thinking of cutting the middleman and post all my web browsing details direct to them , advertize my bank and personal details on google and even put a webcam in my toilet so they can find out what colour is my pant and which toilet paper I am using !!!!!!
Yes they are, but the data is stored away securely and can only be accessed
through a Court Order
you mean it can only be accessed when someone loose a flash drive or a laptop ??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Jun 2010   #24
severedsolo

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by madmansam View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by severedsolo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
If you are in England, they are already doing it.

Yes they are, but the data is stored away securely and can only be accessed
through a Court Order
you mean it can only be accessed when someone loose a flash drive or a laptop ??
Luckily the information isn't stored by the government. It's stored by your ISP on heavily encrypted servers. They have to do this by law. If a Court Order is made to release the information to an "interested party" (and they have to have a good reason for wanting the Court Order in the first place, like some evidence you're doing something naughty) then your ISP sends them the info.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2010   #25
Cruise

7 Ultimate
 
 

Ahh well looks like my bomb making and porn surfing days are coming to an end.
Ohh now Ive done it, waiting for the door to be kicked in now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2010   #26
Klaw117

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

This article is for Australia, right? If so, I pity anyone who lives there. Hopefully the U.S. won't have to worry about that (I doubt we will since people really care about their rights here).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2010   #27
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Klaw117 View Post
This article is for Australia, right? If so, I pity anyone who lives there. Hopefully the U.S. won't have to worry about that (I doubt we will since people really care about their rights here).
Here in Australia we also care about our rights...... well most of us do.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2010   #28
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Don't think politicians right here in the good ole USA wouldn't think this is a dandy idea. They already think they know what is good for us. This isn't a "poor people in Australia" thing. This is, if they do it there, they can do it here. Just have to keep an eye on them. A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jun 2010   #29
noobvious

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Don't think politicians right here in the good ole USA wouldn't think this is a dandy idea. They already think they know what is good for us. This isn't a "poor people in Australia" thing. This is, if they do it there, they can do it here. Just have to keep an eye on them. A Guy
Who knows, it's entirely possible they are already doing it!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jun 2010   #30
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Privacy threat??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Govt wants ISPs to record browsing history




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Clearing browsing history?
Is there any way to look at the browsing history after it has been cleared and deleted in internet options?
Browsers & Mail
The Delete Browsing History Window Shortcut
I know that the shortcut to Internet Properties is InetCpl.cpl which brings up the Internet Properties window on the left as shown below, and I know what all the shortcuts are for deleting each segment individually on the Delete Browsing History window. But, does anyone know what the shortcut is to...
Browsers & Mail
Chrome browsing history?
Hi, Does anyone know a good extension for Chrome that allows me to clear all my browsing data (cache, history, lso ...)? Thanks.
Browsers & Mail
How to keep my web browsing history?
I use Firefox and i have Xmarks sync and Firefox Sync. I want keep my enter month web browsing history. So how do i do it? But I use Ccleaner for clean my PC. If Ccleaner delete my browsing history are there any way to import it again using Xmarks or Firefox Sync? Currently i can only view my...
Browsers & Mail
Delete Browsing History with new I.E.
I am having a problem deleting my history with the new I.E. I use Tools/Internet Options ect. I delete my browsing history and all that jazz but when I open my browser the history is still all there. Anyone else having this problem or am I just missing something?
Browsers & Mail
FF Browsing History
Ok, so I have kind of an odd request here. On my machine I'm running the RC version of Windows 7 Ultimate and have Firefox setup as the default browser. I'm a divorced father of two (one 13 and the other 12), so they stay with me every other week. The problem I'm having is that every time they...
Browsers & Mail


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:28.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App