Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Firefox 4.0 Official Beta 1 Released

06 Jul 2010   #31
JonM33

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cloud8521 View Post
... hmm few things i dont like about not havering the menu bar,

i like it not being there because it looks cooler, but it gets rid of the "X" close button, now it takes 2 steps to close any window.

seccond i wish the orange "firefox" button could be changeable to another color
I don't see that orange Firefox button but I am using FF 4.0b1 in a Windows XP VM. I take it the orange button is only visible on the Windows Vista/7 versions?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Jul 2010   #32
cloud8521

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JonM33 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cloud8521 View Post
... hmm few things i dont like about not havering the menu bar,

i like it not being there because it looks cooler, but it gets rid of the "X" close button, now it takes 2 steps to close any window.

seccond i wish the orange "firefox" button could be changeable to another color
I don't see that orange Firefox button but I am using FF 4.0b1 in a Windows XP VM. I take it the orange button is only visible on the Windows Vista/7 versions?
im not sure if it shows up in xp or not, but you have tio hade the menu first by right clikcign the menu then clocking menu bar from the list.

that makes the orange menu drop down appear and takes away the close button also. but it is highly likely it is win 7 only but you could try it out
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2010   #33
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

The orange Firefox button is there if you don't have the Menu bar enabled. If it's enabled, it takes the place of it.

Firefox 4.0 Official Beta 1 Released-capturewe.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Jul 2010   #34
Wii Master 64

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Does adblock plus work with the official beta?

EDIT: Yes it does This beta is awesome. I hope they add some built in navigational sounds, like IE.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2010   #35
JonM33

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
The orange Firefox button is there if you don't have the Menu bar enabled. If it's enabled, it takes the place of it.

Attachment 83653
Ah, I see now. I'm indifferent to it.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wii Master 64 View Post
Does adblock plus work with the official beta?

EDIT: Yes it does This beta is awesome. I hope they add some built in navigational sounds, like IE.
Navigational sounds? When I use IE8 I do not hear any navigational sounds.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2010   #36
cloud8521

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JonM33 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
The orange Firefox button is there if you don't have the Menu bar enabled. If it's enabled, it takes the place of it.

Attachment 83653
Ah, I see now. I'm indifferent to it.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wii Master 64 View Post
Does adblock plus work with the official beta?

EDIT: Yes it does This beta is awesome. I hope they add some built in navigational sounds, like IE.
Navigational sounds? When I use IE8 I do not hear any navigational sounds.
when you start it up you dont hear the annoying.. "click click"?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2010   #37
JonM33

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cloud8521 View Post
when you start it up you dont hear the annoying.. "click click"?
No. If you are talking about the "Start Navigation" sound that is set in the Sound control panel, I removed it. The last thing I want to hear while browsing the web is "click click click click".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2010   #38
cloud8521

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JonM33 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cloud8521 View Post
when you start it up you dont hear the annoying.. "click click"?
No. If you are talking about the "Start Navigation" sound that is set in the Sound control panel, I removed it. The last thing I want to hear while browsing the web is "click click click click".
ya i know. its also why i never want a ipod... it makes noises as if to say "you did this, retard".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jul 2010   #39
BadHairSpray

Win 7 Professional x86
 
 

any of you folks trying 4.0 had the browser/system freeze up when left on idle?... i left my Gmail on the browser while away from the PC and noticed the entire system froze.... initially thought it was the anti-virus playing up after updating..but I think its actually FF...

Just wanna find out if anyone else had a similar situ.

cheers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jul 2010   #40
BCXtreme

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BadHairSpray View Post
any of you folks trying 4.0 had the browser/system freeze up when left on idle?... i left my Gmail on the browser while away from the PC and noticed the entire system froze.... initially thought it was the anti-virus playing up after updating..but I think its actually FF...

Just wanna find out if anyone else had a similar situ.

cheers
I haven't had any problems like that. I can keep Firefox running for days/weeks/months with like 15-20 tabs open with no problem, and the new beta hasn't changed that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Firefox 4.0 Official Beta 1 Released




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Firefox 4.0 beta 7 released
Download here: Firefox 4.0 beta 7 Changelog: Uses JägerMonkey, a new, faster JavaScript engine WebGL is enabled by default on Windows and Mac OS X. WebGL support requires an OpenGL-capable graphics card. Support for other graphics cards on Windows (specifically Intel GPUs) and...
Browsers & Mail
upgrade from firefox 4 beta to official
can i upgrade from firefox 4 beta to official release when it comes out?
Browsers & Mail
Add-Ons: Firefox 4.0 Official Beta 1
Which ones work for you and which ones don't? :geek:
Browsers & Mail
Firefox 3.6.4 beta released
I downloaded my copy yesterday.:D Firefox 3.6.4 Beta Released
Browsers & Mail
Firefox 3.1 Beta 3 released
Just downloaded update. Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable
Browsers & Mail


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App