Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Finland first country to make broadband a 'legal right'

04 Jul 2010   #21
Topi

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Aivan, minä varmaankin käsitin väärin kun tuo kyseinen viesti näkyi ajankohtaista -osiossa, joten oletin että, se liittyy jotenkin siihen uuteen lakiin.



Oh, I thought it had something to do with the new law, because it was posted to "Current News" -section.

Now it's almost 3 am. I have to say good night to all!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Jul 2010   #22
Kari

 

Finland first country to make broadband a 'legal right'-finland_orb_small.png

Hyvää yötä. Mukavaa saada uusia suomalaisia tänne! Tulee koti-ikävä kun saan lukea ja kirjoittaa suomeksi.


Finland first country to make broadband a 'legal right'-us-uk.png

Good night. Nice to have more Finns here! Missing home when reading and typing in Finnish .


My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2010   #23
WindowsStar

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64); Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Joan Archer View Post
Please don't turn this into a political debate, remember the rules of the forum.
+1, and I don't want this Thread closed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Jul 2010   #24
WindowsStar

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64); Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Attachment 83271

Hyvää yötä. Mukavaa saada uusia suomalaisia tänne! Tulee koti-ikävä kun saan lukea ja kirjoittaa suomeksi.


Attachment 83272

Good night. Nice to have more Finns here! Missing home when reading and typing in Finnish .
Kari, when you wake, where did you get the nice orb flags??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2010   #25
Kari

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WindowsStar View Post
Kari, when you wake, where did you get the nice orb flags??
I asked our resident GFX gurus to make me a Finnish, US-British, Swedish and German precicely for this purpose; I like to answer to Finns, Swedes and Germans / Austrian members in their own language, not forgetting forum rules:
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Forum Rules
10. If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English Translation of your post.
Custom made country flag orbs/icons.

Still awake, we are celebrating our anniversary () quietly, without stress or hurrying, watching a nice movie together and sipping wine. Due to the fact that the "nice movie" is more nice to Angie than to me, I wanted her to choose the film, I have netbook with SF open beside me on the small table...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2010   #26
ExNavy11

Windows 7 RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Attachment 83268

OK, mä tarkistin ton sun linkkisi ja ja näyttää että olit sittenkin oikeassa, nuo hinnat on siis niille aluille joilla ei muuten ole laajakaistayhteyttä tarjolla.

Tämä uusi laki tulee muuttamaan nuo hinnat kohtuullisimmiksi, juuri sehän on tuon lain tarkoitus.


Attachment 83269

OK, I checked the link you provided and it seems you were right. Those prices have been valid in areas where there has been no broadband service available.

The idea of this new law is to normalize those prices, you are not supposed to pay more because you live far from services.

Kari
Why though? If you knowingly chose to live in a place that doesnt have those services, why should others have to pay for it? I understand the argument but I completely disagree with the law. Partly because, where does it end? What will the government next deem "a right"?

I just bought a house that is 60 years old. It was built in a foresty area away from town. There is a small neighborhood here and we all have well water. Public lines were never installed. Should public water be a "right"? It would cost tens of thousands of dollars to connect my water to the public lines. Naturally, I said no. I dont see having public water as a "right" and chose to buy the house and just have well water.

Maybe its not the best example. I wanted to try and use something I could relate directly to.

I understand the calls to not make this a "political" thread but you have to admit, there isnt much to comment on if its not political. You can agree with it and your fine, but if you disagree with it and state why, then it becomes "political" doesnt it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jul 2010   #27
WindowsStar

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64); Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WindowsStar View Post
Kari, when you wake, where did you get the nice orb flags??
I asked our resident GFX gurus to make me a Finnish, US-British, Swedish and German precicely for this purpose; I like to answer to Finns, Swedes and Germans / Austrian members in their own language, not forgetting forum rules:
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Forum Rules
10. If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English Translation of your post.
Custom made country flag orbs/icons.

Still awake, we are celebrating our anniversary () quietly, without stress or hurrying, watching a nice movie together and sipping wine. Due to the fact that the "nice movie" is more nice to Angie than to me, I wanted her to choose the film, I have netbook with SF open beside me on the small table...
Nice...wife an I doing much the same, watching the fireworks and sipping vodka. She is into the movie and knows I am not...so she is ok with me posting on the forum...plus sometimes she gets a kick out of me reading what someone posts. She is thrilled that we are going to Finland in a 1.5 years she has never been there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jul 2010   #28
Joan Archer

Windows 10 64bit/Windows 10 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Topi View Post
Aivan, minä varmaankin käsitin väärin kun tuo kyseinen viesti näkyi ajankohtaista -osiossa, joten oletin että, se liittyy jotenkin siihen uuteen lakiin.



Oh, I thought it had something to do with the new law, because it was posted to "Current News" -section.

Now it's almost 3 am. I have to say good night to all!
Welcome to the forum Topi, not sure if you have this sections purpose correct in your mind but it's for announcing articles that are about the IT world like what's new in the world of Microsoft and Internet Explorer or other news about operating systems or programs for computers.

Hope you enjoy being with us, there are lots of people who are always willing to help if you have any problems and maybe you can help as well, you've also found a fellow countryman who can talk to you in your own language, always remembering to translate it into English when posting.

Again welcome to our family.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jul 2010   #29
Topi

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Joan Archer View Post
Welcome to the forum Topi, not sure if you have this sections purpose correct in your mind but it's for announcing articles that are about the IT world like what's new in the world of Microsoft and Internet Explorer or other news about operating systems or programs for computers.

Hope you enjoy being with us, there are lots of people who are always willing to help if you have any problems and maybe you can help as well, you've also found a fellow countryman who can talk to you in your own language, always remembering to translate it into English when posting.

Again welcome to our family.

Thank you, I know the purpose of this section, as I have read it some time before I registered.
But may I ask what made you think I didn't know the purpose of this section? I don't ask this any bad meaning way, I ask this because my English isn't perfect so my writing or choice of words may not be correct and one of the reasons why I registered was to learn conversations in English.

Once again, thanks for the warm welcome, people here seems to be a lot more willing to help and talk to others than in Finnish IT forums.

And if and when I speak Finnish I'll add the translations as good as I can, and if I forget it it's not done intentionally and I will add the translation right away if I notice it or somebody mentions about it.
PS. If my writing is confusing, mention about it and I'll try to clarify it the best way I can.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jul 2010   #30
BCXtreme

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ExNavy11 View Post
Why though? If you knowingly chose to live in a place that doesnt have those services, why should others have to pay for it? I understand the argument but I completely disagree with the law. Partly because, where does it end? What will the government next deem "a right"?

I just bought a house that is 60 years old. It was built in a foresty area away from town. There is a small neighborhood here and we all have well water. Public lines were never installed. Should public water be a "right"? It would cost tens of thousands of dollars to connect my water to the public lines. Naturally, I said no. I dont see having public water as a "right" and chose to buy the house and just have well water.

Maybe its not the best example. I wanted to try and use something I could relate directly to.

I understand the calls to not make this a "political" thread but you have to admit, there isnt much to comment on if its not political. You can agree with it and your fine, but if you disagree with it and state why, then it becomes "political" doesnt it?
I agree with everything you said, and your example is actually very good.

I do agree that it's not really possible to comment on a news article involving government action, policy, and laws without sounding at least slightly political; both to agree and to disagree in this case is to make a political statement. It also has not been lost on me that there have been several such articles of late.

With all that in mind, I'd recommend that maybe we prohibit further posting of news involving technology laws/policy, and return this section of the forum to its original purpose of discussing news about technology itself.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Finland first country to make broadband a 'legal right'




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Is this legal or a legal gray area?
Hypothetically, you have bunch of old 16 bit software you want to run. You system comes pre-installed with windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. You want be legal and make sure you don't download a illegal version of windows. So you download the 32 bit iso image from the Official Partner of...
General Discussion
Can I use a PPPoE broadband router to make my ADSL wireless?
I have a Netgear WNR-2000v2 broadband router (for PPPoE connections such as iBurst). I am getting a 4MB/s ADSL line soon which comes with an ADSL modem (not wireless) Will i be able to connect the modem to my netgear router via ethernet and then connect to the internet wirelessly? Link to my...
Network & Sharing
Country to Ban Farting!!
I kid you not. Read this article for yourself. :roflmao:
Chillout Room
Conan demands: You must air my show in Finland!
Kari's trivial & useless news, part 11,735: Conan O'Brien is very popular in my native Finland. His older shows, Late Night with Conan O'Brien and Tonight Show were always aired there a day later than in USA. Some years ago Conan realized he looks "exactly" ;) as the President of Finland,...
Chillout Room
Question on CD-key and country
As the Danish version is over a week in the future, I ordered a Windows 7 Ultimate Retail 64bit at amazon.co.uk earlier today. Now I am being told, that I will not bee able to activate my Ultimate as it is not brought in the same country as I live in. All that EU-crap :mad: Can anybody...
General Discussion
Any shop to deliver windows 7 pre order to Finland?
Hi guys! I need your help! Is there any shop in uk or somewhere else to deliver windows 7 english home premium or professional to Finland? I've been trying to find one but no luck yet. I want to save some money and time to get valid key as soon as possible so I'm desperate :)
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App