Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 SP1 Public Beta Released

02 Aug 2010   #81
win7

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 x64 Windows 8 Enterprise RTM x64
 
 

This beta SP messed my laptop up. I was using a brand new Advent Roma 4001 with Home Premium x64 and downloaded the SP via win update... All was fine until I restarted and it got to the configuring service pack screen and completely froze at 15% rendering my machine unusable.......

This interested me so I though I would try with another copy of windows... So I installed Ultimate x86 on the same laptop.... And got exactly the same results (froze at 15%).....!!! I think I will be avoiding this SP until final and will be very cautious even then ;-/


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Aug 2010   #82
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by win7 View Post
This beta SP messed my laptop up. I was using a brand new Advent Roma 4001 with Home Premium x64 and downloaded the SP via win update... All was fine until I restarted and it got to the configuring service pack screen and completely froze at 15% rendering my machine unusable.......

This interested me so I though I would try with another copy of windows... So I installed Ultimate x86 on the same laptop.... And got exactly the same results (froze at 15%).....!!! I think I will be avoiding this SP until final and will be very cautious even then ;-/





Maybe you should've run the standalone instead of from WU.


Documentation for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Beta (KB976932)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2010   #83
win7

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 x64 Windows 8 Enterprise RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by win7 View Post
This beta SP messed my laptop up. I was using a brand new Advent Roma 4001 with Home Premium x64 and downloaded the SP via win update... All was fine until I restarted and it got to the configuring service pack screen and completely froze at 15% rendering my machine unusable.......

This interested me so I though I would try with another copy of windows... So I installed Ultimate x86 on the same laptop.... And got exactly the same results (froze at 15%).....!!! I think I will be avoiding this SP until final and will be very cautious even then ;-/





Maybe you should've run the standalone instead of from WU.


Documentation for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Beta (KB976932)
Quite possibly. Though right now I am stuck on a dongle paying 25 per 7GB so went for the win update method.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Aug 2010   #84
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by win7 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by win7 View Post
This beta SP messed my laptop up. I was using a brand new Advent Roma 4001 with Home Premium x64 and downloaded the SP via win update... All was fine until I restarted and it got to the configuring service pack screen and completely froze at 15% rendering my machine unusable.......

This interested me so I though I would try with another copy of windows... So I installed Ultimate x86 on the same laptop.... And got exactly the same results (froze at 15%).....!!! I think I will be avoiding this SP until final and will be very cautious even then ;-/





Maybe you should've run the standalone instead of from WU.


Documentation for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Beta (KB976932)
Quite possibly. Though right now I am stuck on a dongle paying 25 per 7GB so went for the win update method.


That's a tough one, ok I see your point.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 SP1 Public Beta Released




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Kinect for Windows SDK beta released.
Kinect for Windows SDK Download - Microsoft Research Pretty exciting stuff really when you think about the endless possibilities this could be used for. My project next year at University is based on Kinect, so this will make it so much easier.
News
Microsoft details Windows 7 SP1 plans, public beta end of July
Read the full article here.
News
Windows Live Essential Public Beta...
... does anybody know if it is to be released today and where?
Software
Shipping Seven: An Ongoing Dialog About the Next Windows Part 6: Public Beta
Full article: Shipping Seven: An Ongoing Dialog About the Next Windows Part 6: Public Beta | Paul Thurrott
News
Windows 7 x64 public beta installation problem
Hey, this is my first post on these forums :) I tried to do a clean install of 64bit Windows 7, so I restarted my comp with the DVD in the DVD-Rom. It started OK and then also loaded all the files, but when it said Starting Windows I got a blue screen with this error: STOP: 0x0000007E From...
General Discussion
Microsoft slates Windows 7 public beta for early 2009
Microsoft slates Windows 7 public beta for early 2009 - NYTimes.com Microsoft slates Windows 7 public beta for early 2009 Microsoft Tuesday said that it would expand testing of Windows 7 to the general public in early 2009. As it told attendees at the Professional Developers Conference...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App