Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Show Us Your Rig [2]

28 Mar 2011   #1091
IownAmoneyPit

Windows 7 Pro x 2/Windows 10 Home/10 Pro//Windows 10 Insider Preview ?
 
 

Note   Note


This is my first build and I built my new rig a couple weeks ago, It is a sandybridge based rig and it is running great. The only major hiccup was a DOA Evga 570 HD Video card but the retailer replaced it with the Asus card.

Time for some pictures as I dug out my 4 year old web cam and used my Cyberlink You Cam software to take the pics.

Show Us Your Rig [2]-parts.jpgShow Us Your Rig [2]-haf-box.jpg

OS Windows 7 Professional
CPU Intel i7 2600K @ 3.40 GHz
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth P67
Memory Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Dual Channel Kit
Graphics Card Asus ENGTX570 GeForce GTX 570 1280MB GDDR5 PCI-E w/ Dual DVI
Monitor Sharp 42" LCD TV ( 5 HDMI and VGA inputs )
Keyboard Logitech Gaming Keyboard G110
Mouse Microsoft Confort Optical Mouse 3000
PSU Corsair TX 850W Power Supply w/ 140mm Fan
Case Cooler Master HAF 932 High Air Flow Full Tower Chassis
Cooling Zalman CNPS10X FLEX CPU Cooler & 2 Thermalright Silent Fans
Hard Drives Intel SSD 510 Series SATA III Solid State Drive, 120GB
Blu Ray Writer LG Super Multi Blue Internal Blu-ray Disk Rewriter - BH10LS30
TV Card Hauppauge - HVR 1800 Media Center Kit - NTSC and ATSC TV Tuner
Media Card Reader Kama Reader 2, 45-in-1 Card Reader

Show Us Your Rig [2]-cpu-cooler.jpgCPU Cooler & 2 Fans
Show Us Your Rig [2]-dvd-media-card.jpgBlu ray & media card reader
Show Us Your Rig [2]-fan-side.jpg230 mm fan left side
Show Us Your Rig [2]-front-close-up.jpgfront 230 mm fan
Show Us Your Rig [2]-hard-drive.jpgHard drive
Show Us Your Rig [2]-hidden-wiring.jpgBehind Mobo tray
Show Us Your Rig [2]-left-side.jpgHeart of the beast
Show Us Your Rig [2]-mobo-name.jpgMobo
Show Us Your Rig [2]-power-supply.jpgPSU
Show Us Your Rig [2]-video-card.jpgVideo card
Show Us Your Rig [2]-tv-ir-transmitter.jpgHid IR reciever in empty drive bayShow Us Your Rig [2]-tv-trans-2.jpg
Show Us Your Rig [2]-cpu-fan-ram.jpgCPU FAN and Ram
Show Us Your Rig [2]-top-fan.jpg230 mm Top fan
Show Us Your Rig [2]-wiring-below-hid.jpgHid more wiring below hard drive trays
Show Us Your Rig [2]-tv.jpg42 inch monitor
Show Us Your Rig [2]-keyboard.jpgKeyboard,Mouse & Media Center Remote
Show Us Your Rig [2]-wei.jpgWEI
Show Us Your Rig [2]-computer-info.jpgHighlighted Yellow Text

Updated in https://www.sevenforums.com/1770966-post429.html




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Mar 2011   #1092
Maxwell

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

@IownAmoneyPit Very impressive!! I love those HAF cases.. They look so awesome! Super impressive specs aswell.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Mar 2011   #1093
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Awesome rig Iownamoneypit
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Mar 2011   #1094
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MadSupra354 View Post
What is the clock of your RAM? It has a higher score than mine and I have 8GB @ 1600MHz
I get a 7.7 with 4 gig

Attachment 146179

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Mar 2011   #1095
Kipper

 

Dang A Guy

Toss a GTX 570 and a vertex2 SSD in your system and then the processor will be your bottle neck. Are you planning on upgrading in the near future
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Mar 2011   #1096
kurahk7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
Not my system, but here is one that I built for a family member. It turned out awesome! I am extremely happy with it!





Sorry for the crappy phone shot, I didn't have my 1Ds with me when I built it. That antec case was HARD to work with... It was not easy to make it look clean and I didn't have much time to build it. It turned out well though.

Here is all of the information about the hardware of the build.

WOW This is amazing, I have the same case, the Antec 900 and you're wire management is way better than mine; can you snap some shots of the other side of the case so I can see how you did your wire management please? Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Mar 2011   #1097
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
Dang A Guy

Toss a GTX 570 and a vertex2 SSD in your system and then the processor will be your bottle neck. Are you planning on upgrading in the near future
I may do a SSD when the price strikes me, but have no need for a better GPU. I don't game, and this card serves me fine. I'm quite happy with the PC actually. A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Mar 2011   #1098
Maxwell

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kurahk7 View Post

WOW This is amazing, I have the same case, the Antec 900 and you're wire management is way better than mine; can you snap some shots of the other side of the case so I can see how you did your wire management please? Thanks
I actually don't have a picture of the other side, and it was built for a family member in another state, so I don't have the ability to go take a picture of the other side.

The things that are on the other side of the case is
1. The 24 pin ATX power connector, and it comes in the bottom right management hole, and comes out the top right management hole.

2. The power connector to the video card, it is zip tied to the 24 pin ATX power connector and goes through the same holes.

3. The SATA cords. They are ran behind on the bottom right wire management hole, and ran behind the HDD/DVD cage on the bottom where there is that spot of extra room, I cut a hole down there to alow the sata cords to easily and cleanly go through.

4. The power for the fans. I have the rear exhaust fan wire routed behind the PSU, and the rest going into the 2 holes on the right side, and the molex cord for the power zip tied to the 24pin and 6pin connectors for the mobo/gpu. then on the back those are just stretched to go to each fan molex connector.

All of the wires from the front panel is shoved inbetween the HDD/DVD cage in that small nook that is there. To get them in there I took out the three screws that were holding them tightly together on the back side, shoved everything through, then put the screws back in tightly. You can see that the wires are still slightly showing but it's ALOT better than if they were to be just hanging down.

That is the only things that are hidden on the other side of the case. Everything else is just very tightly zip tied.

Hope this helps!!

(PS. If you have the 900 version 1, it won't have the holes that this one already had. You would have to cut them all your self. Version 1.1 has the holes. If yours has the holes like this one, your good!!)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Mar 2011   #1099
Kipper

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
Dang A Guy

Toss a GTX 570 and a vertex2 SSD in your system and then the processor will be your bottle neck. Are you planning on upgrading in the near future
I may do a SSD when the price strikes me, but have no need for a better GPU. I don't game, and this card serves me fine. I'm quite happy with the PC actually. A Guy
Just pokeing at ya my friend.

You are so right; staying on the cutting edge can cause you to bleed to death, financially speaking.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Mar 2011   #1100
kurahk7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kurahk7 View Post

WOW This is amazing, I have the same case, the Antec 900 and you're wire management is way better than mine; can you snap some shots of the other side of the case so I can see how you did your wire management please? Thanks
I actually don't have a picture of the other side, and it was built for a family member in another state, so I don't have the ability to go take a picture of the other side.

The things that are on the other side of the case is
1. The 24 pin ATX power connector, and it comes in the bottom right management hole, and comes out the top right management hole.

2. The power connector to the video card, it is zip tied to the 24 pin ATX power connector and goes through the same holes.

3. The SATA cords. They are ran behind on the bottom right wire management hole, and ran behind the HDD/DVD cage on the bottom where there is that spot of extra room, I cut a hole down there to alow the sata cords to easily and cleanly go through.

4. The power for the fans. I have the rear exhaust fan wire routed behind the PSU, and the rest going into the 2 holes on the right side, and the molex cord for the power zip tied to the 24pin and 6pin connectors for the mobo/gpu. then on the back those are just stretched to go to each fan molex connector.

All of the wires from the front panel is shoved inbetween the HDD/DVD cage in that small nook that is there. To get them in there I took out the three screws that were holding them tightly together on the back side, shoved everything through, then put the screws back in tightly. You can see that the wires are still slightly showing but it's ALOT better than if they were to be just hanging down.

That is the only things that are hidden on the other side of the case. Everything else is just very tightly zip tied.

Hope this helps!!

(PS. If you have the 900 version 1, it won't have the holes that this one already had. You would have to cut them all your self. Version 1.1 has the holes. If yours has the holes like this one, your good!!)
Wow, thanks for the thorough explanation. Luckily I have version 1.1 so I can follow your suggestions. I need to do my wire management as soon as possible, I can't wait to see how much cleaner my case would be after I follow your tips.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Show Us Your Rig [2]




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Show Us Your Rig [8]
Spring is on and is beautifully sunny, flowered trees are green and diffuse their scents...:) My desk is lightened by...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Subfolders does not show in OWA, but show in Outlook.
Hi! Running server 2008 with exchange server. The user is using both OWA webmail and local Outlook. User got multiple inbox's to access, 1 personal and 2 for the company. The personal one got subfolders which shows in OWA, but the problem is the other folders. They are only needed by this 1...
Microsoft Office
HDDs Show in BIOS, But Do Not Show in Disk Management
Hello, A newbie here that just completed a first-time new Win7 PC build. Successful installation of Win7 Pro on WD 600GB 10000 system drive. Went back and installed 4 additional HDD. (2) WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM and (2) WD Caviar 7200 500GB HDD from XP system that were used for storage. ...
Hardware & Devices
Show us your Wig
:haha:
Chillout Room
backup files will only show up if i click show hidden files and folder
Hey Guys, I cannot find a soultion to this problem. I was using my desktop like normal then an error came up saying that there was a hdd failure, and that i needed to scan for errors. all my files disappeared and only this error would come up. There would be hundreds of the same msg spamed on my...
Backup and Restore
show hidden folders show file extensions thru registry
I am trying to setup a default user or machine setup for how win7 handles folder view options. I want show hidden folders to be set to on for all users and the hide extensions for know file types to be unchecked or turned off ffor all users (so extensions show) I have located them in the registry...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App