Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Show Us Your Rig [2]

19 Oct 2010   #201
neeraj

Windows 8 CP x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LiquidSnak View Post
Holy crap. I saw that case at Fry's Electronics today, in white. It is very pretty, and looks awesome.

Here is my rig as of tonight, with a "shiny" new case ("shiny" meaning matte )

This case, the ThermalTake Armor A90, was clearly supposed to have cable management, but thermaltake decided not to, or whatever. With a little creative dremel work, I cut out the place that should be available for cable management, and covered the metal with a few layers of aluminum tape, so it does not cut the wires. Then I was able to successfully tuck most of the wires where they should be. This case is supposed to be a mid-ATX, but it is borderline full tower, IMO.
very nice my friend..


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
19 Oct 2010   #202
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

To all you modders out there a glued rubber strip around the custom cut outs will give a professional look and can be attached to the thin and very sharp metal and covers the unpainted and raw edge to protect your delicate wires ! It's available at most electronics parts houses and even Home Depot.
U-Channel with Locking Cut Out - Custom Rubber Corp.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2010   #203
LiquidSnak

W7 Professional x64
 
 

Yeah, but at 2AM it's hard to find an open store

Nice tip
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Oct 2010   #204
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LiquidSnak View Post
Yeah, but at 2AM it's hard to find an open store
It was always annoying when I was working on something, and need one little thing. Then you realize it is like 1 am and no stores are open and you spend 3 hours trying to bullshit something instead, only to realize you could just sleep.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2010   #205
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

As funny as it sounds another tip is to take a couple of drinking straws cut them to length for the four sides, split them down the middle. Then take some cement and carefully lay it inside the straw then spread the straws around the metal and voilą !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2010   #206
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
As funny as it sounds another tip is to take a couple of drinking straws cut them to length for the four sides, split them down the middle. Then take some cement and carefully lay it inside the straw then spread the straws around the metal and voilą !
..........or rubber or plastic tubing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2010   #207
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

All good if laying around somewhere at 2:00 AM ! lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2010   #208
xarden

Windows 7 Enterprise
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
As funny as it sounds another tip is to take a couple of drinking straws cut them to length for the four sides, split them down the middle. Then take some cement and carefully lay it inside the straw then spread the straws around the metal and voilą !
..........or rubber or plastic tubing.
Yep.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
All good if laying around somewhere at 2:00 AM ! lol
Im sure theres some connected to the windscreen water jets on your car
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2010   #209
LiquidSnak

W7 Professional x64
 
 

You do void warranties
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Oct 2010   #210
ZaLiTH

Win 10 x64 Pro x64 / Ubuntu 15.10 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
To all you modders out there a glued rubber strip around the custom cut outs will give a professional look and can be attached to the thin and very sharp metal and covers the unpainted and raw edge to protect your delicate wires ! It's available at most electronics parts houses and even Home Depot.
U-Channel with Locking Cut Out - Custom Rubber Corp.
Or better yet, find some old black wire (standard 3-core electrical wire will do fine), strip it and cut one side open. I saw a friend of mine do that when he cut a window in the side panel of his Lian-Li. It actually looks like it was done professionally....
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LiquidSnak View Post
You do void warranties
Of course yes, that's the most fun part of modding anything...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Show Us Your Rig [2]




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Show Us Your Rig [8]
Spring is on and is beautifully sunny, flowered trees are green and diffuse their scents...:) My desk is lightened by...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Subfolders does not show in OWA, but show in Outlook.
Hi! Running server 2008 with exchange server. The user is using both OWA webmail and local Outlook. User got multiple inbox's to access, 1 personal and 2 for the company. The personal one got subfolders which shows in OWA, but the problem is the other folders. They are only needed by this 1...
Microsoft Office
HDDs Show in BIOS, But Do Not Show in Disk Management
Hello, A newbie here that just completed a first-time new Win7 PC build. Successful installation of Win7 Pro on WD 600GB 10000 system drive. Went back and installed 4 additional HDD. (2) WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM and (2) WD Caviar 7200 500GB HDD from XP system that were used for storage. ...
Hardware & Devices
Show us your Wig
:haha:
Chillout Room
backup files will only show up if i click show hidden files and folder
Hey Guys, I cannot find a soultion to this problem. I was using my desktop like normal then an error came up saying that there was a hdd failure, and that i needed to scan for errors. all my files disappeared and only this error would come up. There would be hundreds of the same msg spamed on my...
Backup and Restore
show hidden folders show file extensions thru registry
I am trying to setup a default user or machine setup for how win7 handles folder view options. I want show hidden folders to be set to on for all users and the hide extensions for know file types to be unchecked or turned off ffor all users (so extensions show) I have located them in the registry...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:24.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App