Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Show Us Your Rig [2]

28 Nov 2010   #421
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

That does look really nice


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Nov 2010   #422
tw33k

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GeneO View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tw33k View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kurahk7 View Post

Here they are
Thanks man.

Yours is a Sapphire GDDR3. Mine is A Gigabyte DDR2. Yours is better than mine Your bandwith is 22.4GB/s mine is only 16.6GB/s
tweek. I had basically the same card as you - XFX ATI 4670. The gpu speed stock was 750MHz - higher than yours - but the DDR2 RAM was same speed, and I got below 5 on the windows aero/business graphics just like you. I just picked up an ASUS ENGGTS450 Nvidia at Frys for $120. 1GB DDR5, high memory speed. Stock it gets 7.1 on both the gaming and widows aero/business scores. Good performance for a moderate price. And it is quiet (important to me - I am mostly Photoshop and a smattering of games). it rocks for the price I think.



Cheers,
Gene
Thanks Gene. I'm waiting on a new Gigabyte 6850. That should fix things.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2010   #423
GeneO

Windows 10 Pro. EFI boot partition, full EFI boot
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tw33k View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GeneO View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tw33k View Post

Thanks man.

Yours is a Sapphire GDDR3. Mine is A Gigabyte DDR2. Yours is better than mine Your bandwith is 22.4GB/s mine is only 16.6GB/s
tweek. I had basically the same card as you - XFX ATI 4670. The gpu speed stock was 750MHz - higher than yours - but the DDR2 RAM was same speed, and I got below 5 on the windows aero/business graphics just like you. I just picked up an ASUS ENGGTS450 Nvidia at Frys for $120. 1GB DDR5, high memory speed. Stock it gets 7.1 on both the gaming and widows aero/business scores. Good performance for a moderate price. And it is quiet (important to me - I am mostly Photoshop and a smattering of games). it rocks for the price I think.



Cheers,
Gene
Thanks Gene. I'm waiting on a new Gigabyte 6850. That should fix things.
I'd guess so Probably have to rearrange your case cooling to accommodate for that puppy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Dec 2010   #424
BugMeister

Windows10 Pro - 64Bit vs.10547
 
 

Show Us Your Rig [2]-therigsmall2.jpg

current set up..

the sub speaker doubles as a foot-stool..

- rig to be moved into study, after xmas..


My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2010   #425
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

BugMaster,
Nice rig but do spin the sub to the left or right so you don't kick or worse hole the driver. Bass is omni-directional and you won't notice the change for safety. That's unless the cover is made from unobtainium.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2010   #426
ZaLiTH

Win 10 x64 Pro x64 / Ubuntu 15.10 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
BugMaster,
Nice rig but do spin the sub to the left or right so you don't kick or worse hole the driver. Bass is omni-directional and you won't notice the change for safety. That's unless the cover is made from unobtainium.
That's not really necessary, the subs on Logitech systems have always had a pretty strong mesh grid over the front... So unless they've changed their tactics recently, this one should also have that as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2010   #427
LiquidSnak

W7 Professional x64
 
 

My Logitech mesh has taken a beating. And to boot, Logitech sent me a replacement the other day for it when I sent them a picture so show the resilience.

Here are some crappy cell phone pictures of my new abode with a new wireless card

Show Us Your Rig [2]-rig1.jpg

Show Us Your Rig [2]-rig2.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2010   #428
BugMeister

Windows10 Pro - 64Bit vs.10547
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ZaLiTH View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
BugMaster,
Nice rig but do spin the sub to the left or right so you don't kick or worse hole the driver. Bass is omni-directional and you won't notice the change for safety. That's unless the cover is made from unobtainium.
That's not really necessary, the subs on Logitech systems have always had a pretty strong mesh grid over the front... So unless they've changed their tactics recently, this one should also have that as well.
- yup, solid metal mesh over the front - very heavy duty..

no problemo
- except neighbours have to replace roof-tiles...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2010   #429
ZaLiTH

Win 10 x64 Pro x64 / Ubuntu 15.10 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BugMeister View Post
no problemo
- except neighbours have to replace roof-tiles...
Haha... Yeah, well that's their problem, not yours.

An old friend of mine always tells me "There are two types of problems in the world, yours and mine... Let's not confuse them."
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2010   #430
NeroDevil

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Here's some new pictures of my rig, taken with a cell phone though:







My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Show Us Your Rig [2]




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Show Us Your Rig [8]
Spring is on and is beautifully sunny, flowered trees are green and diffuse their scents...:) My desk is lightened by...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Subfolders does not show in OWA, but show in Outlook.
Hi! Running server 2008 with exchange server. The user is using both OWA webmail and local Outlook. User got multiple inbox's to access, 1 personal and 2 for the company. The personal one got subfolders which shows in OWA, but the problem is the other folders. They are only needed by this 1...
Microsoft Office
HDDs Show in BIOS, But Do Not Show in Disk Management
Hello, A newbie here that just completed a first-time new Win7 PC build. Successful installation of Win7 Pro on WD 600GB 10000 system drive. Went back and installed 4 additional HDD. (2) WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM and (2) WD Caviar 7200 500GB HDD from XP system that were used for storage. ...
Hardware & Devices
Show us your Wig
:haha:
Chillout Room
backup files will only show up if i click show hidden files and folder
Hey Guys, I cannot find a soultion to this problem. I was using my desktop like normal then an error came up saying that there was a hdd failure, and that i needed to scan for errors. all my files disappeared and only this error would come up. There would be hundreds of the same msg spamed on my...
Backup and Restore
show hidden folders show file extensions thru registry
I am trying to setup a default user or machine setup for how win7 handles folder view options. I want show hidden folders to be set to on for all users and the hide extensions for know file types to be unchecked or turned off ffor all users (so extensions show) I have located them in the registry...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App