Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: 120mm 3 Speed Fan

18 Nov 2010   #21
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Be a man, and do it manually!
Fan Speed Controller - Build your Own

~Lordbob
I already have a Scythe Kama controller, but it will only reduce a fan's speed, not increase it. That would mean that I would have to get a very high speed fan in the first place, and then step it down as needed.

Nothing wrong with that idea, except that would require me to rig a cable long enough to reach the rear of the case, which none of my current cables will.

I'm sure that once I finish playing with it, it will remain set at one speed, and not require frequent adjustments. Therefore a switch on the fan would be adequate and a lot simpler.

EDIT: After thinking about it, I realized that my Scythe Kama doesn't control fan speed, it only monitors them...plus temps. Therefore, write it off to laziness or possibly stubbornness...I'm not sure which.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Nov 2010   #22
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
I was told there would be no math involved ! lol
When were you told that?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2010   #23
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Be a man, and do it manually!
Fan Speed Controller - Build your Own

~Lordbob
I already have a Scythe Kama controller, but it will only reduce a fan's speed, not increase it. That would mean that I would have to get a very high speed fan in the first place, and then step it down as needed.

Nothing wrong with that idea, except that would require me to rig a cable long enough to reach the rear of the case, which none of my current cables will.

I'm sure that once I finish playing with it, it will remain set at one speed, and not require frequent adjustments. Therefore a switch on the fan would be adequate and a lot simpler.
True. Nothing wrong with being able to crank it up though.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
I was told there would be no math involved ! lol
When were you told that?
I don't recall mentioning that.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Nov 2010   #24
Ciara

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

4600 RPM 120mm > Here
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2010   #25
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
+1 for Noctua fans though some consider them expensive. That's a debate for another time
I just picked one of their fans at random, and while it is interesting, it's specs are confusing.

http://www.noctua.at/pdf/infosheets/...tasheet_en.pdf

Unless I'm missing something, it's high speed airflow is 110.3 cubic meters per hour, and that works out to 992.7 cubic feet per hour, thus only 16.545 cubic feet per minute. If I'm misunderstand, please enlighten me.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
I was told there would be no math involved ! lol
I actually have that fan on my CPU cooler - Noctua NH-C12P SE14




While I haven't worked out the math, I can say pushes a lot of air and is very quiet, even without the adapters.

I know this doesn't answer the "math" question, but I can vouch for it's "performance"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2010   #26
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
+1 for Noctua fans though some consider them expensive. That's a debate for another time
I just picked one of their fans at random, and while it is interesting, it's specs are confusing.

http://www.noctua.at/pdf/infosheets/...tasheet_en.pdf

Unless I'm missing something, it's high speed airflow is 110.3 cubic meters per hour, and that works out to 992.7 cubic feet per hour, thus only 16.545 cubic feet per minute. If I'm misunderstand, please enlighten me.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
I was told there would be no math involved ! lol
I actually have that fan on my CPU cooler - Noctua NH-C12P SE14




While I haven't worked out the math, I can say pushes a lot of air and is very quiet, even without the adapters.

I know this doesn't answer the "math" question, but I can vouch for it's "performance"
I think i just had a tender moment that is beautifull man
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2010   #27
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

LOL

Thanks man
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2010   #28
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Ciara, That fan has crazy output but man so is 65db have 3 or 4 of those things running and I would need head phones to compute.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2010   #29
Ciara

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Yeah but it fast !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2010   #30
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Yeah so am I but I'm not proud of that !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 120mm 3 Speed Fan




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
120mm PC fan off 7.5v DC power supply?
content removed from thread.
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
BitFenix Spectre 120mm Case Fan and Asus z87pro pin issue
Hi Team, I was recommended to buy some BitFenix Spectre 120mm Case Fans for my Asus z87pro board. The trouble is that the fans only have 3 pins and the mobo has multiple fan inputs setup to accept four pins. My specific questions are: will i damage my mobo if I try to use these fans, and...
Hardware & Devices
2 120mm fans on Asus z87-a motherboard?
hey :) before I get a motherboard, I'm between the z87-a and the z87 pro. I have 4 case fans, and on the z87-a, there's only 3 care fan headers. Would it be bad to run 2 120mm fans off the same header using a y cable? Thanks guys :)
Hardware & Devices
Speed test gives vey good speed but down speed is just 2-3 kb
guys please help me , it happens when ever i want. i speed test from speedtest.net and i get speed 0.89 mbps ( which is good for me) but if i download something , down speed is 2 kb. if i play a video it buffes so slowly that it takes ahour. 1 thing more, this happened few days ago on my...
Network & Sharing
Computer Bottleneck- HDD - SSD. giving data speed to proccessing speed
Through the windows experience im at 7.8's / 7.4's... with my hdd at 5.9. looking at getting a ssd to level everything up.... but what i dont know is... how does the read/write speeds translate into processing. what read speed is equal to the rest of my rig? I just dont know how it translates...
Hardware & Devices
120mm fan on Gigabyte Micro ATX
Greetings, Will this 120mm fan XIGMATEK Gaia SD1283 fit on this Gigabyte mobo? I ask because of the proximity of the CPU socket in relation to the DIMM sockets. Thank you.
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App