Show Us Your Rig [3]


  1. Posts : 3,252
    Windows 7 Pro x 2/Windows 10 Home/10 Pro//Windows 10 Insider Preview ?
       #1111

    Excellent job Britton30 with the red HDD light you now have the knight rider edition case.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 24,479
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
       #1112

    Thanks! Yeah Knight Rider or Gort edition.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 539
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
       #1113

    Added a Couple of lights to my rig!
    Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show Us Your Rig [3]-img_20120520_192513.jpg   Show Us Your Rig [3]-img_20120520_192541.jpg   Show Us Your Rig [3]-img_20120520_192548.jpg   Show Us Your Rig [3]-img_20120520_192724.jpg   Show Us Your Rig [3]-img_20120520_192804.jpg  

      My Computer


  4. Posts : 6,077
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
       #1114

    Looking good Jeepman, clean as always
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 24,479
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
       #1115

    Looks nice jeepman, but shouldn't nVIDIA have green lights?
    My latest project was to upgrade an old Compaq SR1710NX and keep the old case. It came with XP, Athlon 64 3500+, 1GB DDR400, fast for it's time.
    I completely disassembled the case and washed it, even the front panel parts and card reader and painted the outside. It's now The Dark Knight.
    The new parts, some of which I already had
    W7 Ult 64 bit
    ASUS M4A88T-M
    AMD Phenom II X6 1055T, 2.8GHz, clocked to 3.68GHz
    G.Skill Ripjaws Z 1600 8GB, 2x4GB
    Corsair HX650 PSU
    Hyper TX-3 CPU cooler with two Noctua 92mm fans
    1 Noctua 92mm exhaust fan
    Dirty case to start with.
    Show Us Your Rig [3]-start.jpg

    After the paint job.
    Show Us Your Rig [3]-new-paint.jpg

    Some parts ready.
    Show Us Your Rig [3]-parts-layout.jpg

    Board with some cables attached going in.

    Show Us Your Rig [3]-mobo-wires.jpg

    The wiring process in progress.
    Show Us Your Rig [3]-wiring-progress.jpg

    Wiring done, OEM cases don't lend themselves to much cable management.
    Show Us Your Rig [3]-wiring-done.jpg

    Here she is up and running well. I had the board running on the board's box for 3-4 weeks to make sure it was stable.

    Show Us Your Rig [3]-running.jpg

    ..and the completed project back at home. This will be used as a backup rig.

    Show Us Your Rig [3]-completed.jpg

    The cooler leaves just enough room to get to the RAM.
    Show Us Your Rig [3]-ram-clearance.jpg
    And the scores you'll want to know.
    Show Us Your Rig [3]-benches.jpg Show Us Your Rig [3]-wei.jpg
    Last edited by Britton30; 23 May 2012 at 11:04. Reason: Spelling, arrangement.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 26,465
    Windows 11 Pro
       #1116

    nice job, Gary. Well done. I hate to tell you, but you forgot to put the drive cage in.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 53,678
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #1117

    jeepmann4x4 said:
    Added a Couple of lights to my rig!
    Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics
    Looking good

    Britton30 said:
    Looks nice jeepman, but shouldn't nVIDIA have green lights?
    My latest project was to upgrade an old Compaq SR1710NX and keep the old case. It came with XP, Athlon 64 3500+, 1GB DDR400, fast for it's time.
    I completely disassembled the case and washed it, even the front panel parts and card reader and painted the outside. It's now The Dark Knight.
    The new parts, some of which I already had
    W7 Ult 64 bit
    ASUS M4A88T-M
    AMD Phenom II X6 1055T, 2.8GHz, clocked to 3.68GHz
    G.Skill Ripjaws Z 1600 8GB, 2x4GB
    Corsair HX650 PSU
    Hyper TX-3 CPU cooler with two Noctua 92mm fans
    1 Noctua 92mm exhaust fan
    Dirty case to start with.
    Show Us Your Rig [3]-start.jpg

    After the paint job.
    Show Us Your Rig [3]-new-paint.jpg

    Some parts ready.
    Show Us Your Rig [3]-parts-layout.jpg

    Board with some cables attached going in.

    Show Us Your Rig [3]-mobo-wires.jpg

    The wiring process in progress.
    Show Us Your Rig [3]-wiring-progress.jpg

    Wiring done, OEM cases don't lend themselves to much cable management.
    Show Us Your Rig [3]-wiring-done.jpg

    Here she is up and running well. I had the board running on the board box for 3-4 weeks to make sure it was stable.

    Show Us Your Rig [3]-running.jpg

    ..and the completed project back at home. This will be used as a backup rig.

    Show Us Your Rig [3]-completed.jpg

    And the scores you'll want to know.
    Show Us Your Rig [3]-benches.jpg Show Us Your Rig [3]-wei.jpg
    The cooler leaves just enough room to get to the RAM.
    Good job Gary

    essenbe said:
    nice job, Gary. Well done. I hate to tell you, but you forgot to put the drive cage in.


    A Guy
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 539
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
       #1118

    Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30
    Looks nice jeepman, but shouldn't nVIDIA have green lights?
    My MB,ram,case,kb and mouse are all black n' red....hell even my NVIDIA 570's are black n' red..So I was kinda thinking I should go with it.....but I do like green
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show Us Your Rig [3]-dsc_1043.jpg   Show Us Your Rig [3]-img_20120117_205548.jpg   Show Us Your Rig [3]-img_20120329_195349.jpg   Show Us Your Rig [3]-img_20120329_195408.jpg   Show Us Your Rig [3]-img_20120520_192804.jpg  

      My Computer


  9. Posts : 24,479
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
       #1119

    essenbe said:
    nice job, Gary. Well done. I hate to tell you, but you forgot to put the drive cage in.
    Drive cage, I don need no steenking drive cage.

    Thanks guys!

    Jeep, maybe you should stick with red...I just now noticed the ROG board. Red and green would look a lot like Christmas.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,438
    64bit Windows 10
       #1120

    Jeepmann- its looking very good! Nicly done!

    Britton- those are some nice scores for a "backup" rig, great job!
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50.
Find Us