Show Us Your Rig [3]


  1. Posts : 21,007
    Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
       #1851

    Buzzik said:
    How about that?

    I got that right )))))
    How many chainsaw blades did you get through?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 24,479
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
       #1852

    Buzzik said:
    this is what I have now

    Got to manege all my cables though, hopefully I'll get to it soon.
    Good job, will your CPU cooler fit if turned 90 counter clockwise?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 2,973
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
       #1853

    Here be the rig I built myself over the summer. Wiring issues will be resolved when I have time away from classes to tear into it. Will get some proper pictures when I am 100% done with it.



    Show Us Your Rig [3]-2012-08-18_18-46-09_521.jpgShow Us Your Rig [3]-2012-08-18_18-48-14_840.jpg
    Show Us Your Rig [3]-2012-08-18_18-47-56_285.jpg
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 18
    Windows 7 Home Pr. 64
       #1854

    Britton30 said:
    Buzzik said:
    this is what I have now

    Got to manege all my cables though, hopefully I'll get to it soon.
    Good job, will your CPU cooler fit if turned 90 counter clockwise?
    Thanks... sure it will, I was thinking about that too - how to mount it, so I have decided to put it that way(will see what is the temp. between the fan and a card), turning it 90 would make me to remove a heatsink from the second memory bar as I did with the first one. Also here should have been triple memory channel but I was not into it when I was building that rig(my first one )
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 24,479
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
       #1855

    kbrady1979 said:
    Here be the rig I built myself over the summer. Wiring issues will be resolved when I have time away from classes to tear into it. Will get some proper pictures when I am 100% done with it.



    Show Us Your Rig [3]-2012-08-18_18-46-09_521.jpgShow Us Your Rig [3]-2012-08-18_18-48-14_840.jpg
    Show Us Your Rig [3]-2012-08-18_18-47-56_285.jpg
    Lookin good there!
    Buzzik said:

    Thanks... sure it will, I was thinking about that too - how to mount it, so I have decided to put it that way(will see what is the temp. between the fan and a card), turning it 90 would make me to remove a heatsink from the second memory bar as I did with the first one. Also here should have been triple memory channel but I was not into it when I was building that rig(my first one )
    I think it would remove heat better by blowing directly out the rear fan and have a top fan pulling cool air too. I have mine set up that way.
    You could check out some low profile RAM if possible, removing heat spreaders voids the warranty.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 18
    Windows 7 Home Pr. 64
       #1856

    Britton30 said:
    kbrady1979 said:
    Here be the rig I built myself over the summer. Wiring issues will be resolved when I have time away from classes to tear into it. Will get some proper pictures when I am 100% done with it.



    Show Us Your Rig [3]-2012-08-18_18-46-09_521.jpgShow Us Your Rig [3]-2012-08-18_18-48-14_840.jpg
    Show Us Your Rig [3]-2012-08-18_18-47-56_285.jpg
    Lookin good there!
    Buzzik said:

    Thanks... sure it will, I was thinking about that too - how to mount it, so I have decided to put it that way(will see what is the temp. between the fan and a card), turning it 90 would make me to remove a heatsink from the second memory bar as I did with the first one. Also here should have been triple memory channel but I was not into it when I was building that rig(my first one )
    I think it would remove heat better by blowing directly out the rear fan and have a top fan pulling cool air too. I have mine set up that way.
    You could check out some low profile RAM if possible, removing heat spreaders voids the warranty.
    So you mean to make my top fun as an intake ? cause right now it's exhaust, well I don't really know what to do with my fans before 690 I had 1x200mm front intake, 1x 140mm exhaust and 1x200mm top exhaust, now I moved my front fan an placed it on the side intake because my video card blows the hot air right in front of my case where that intake fan was, well a bit higher. What would be the best way to manage my fans if I, lets say, have 2 top, 1 front,1 side, 1 rear and 1 bottom.

    This is what it should be like(2 fans on top):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show Us Your Rig [3]-b__dsc1193.jpg.jpg  
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 24,479
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
       #1857

    This is how I would personally set them up. Lots of cool air in. If there is an option for two rear fans, make them both exhaust.

    This also would create a bit of positive case pressure to help keep dust out.

    Show Us Your Rig [3]-case.jpg

    I at least would make the top two fans intake to bring cool air directly to the CPU cooler. Experiment and see what combo give the lowest CPU/GPU temps under you normal use.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 8,679
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #1858

    Hello to all, take a look at this link : SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd. What is positive air pressure?

    It should help you how to set up the coolers.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 2,304
    N/A
       #1859

    Hello, Forum!

    A few days ago I did a clean Windows 7 install so I took a little apart my PC

    Then re-did the wiring and came out pretty tight! I strongly believe this is my best wiring to date

    Of course, I was hungry after that so I made a little snack Double Ham/Cheese Burger with all the toys needed to satisfy my deadly appetite

    Cheers

    P.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show Us Your Rig [3]-pc-1-.jpg   Show Us Your Rig [3]-pc-3-.jpg   Show Us Your Rig [3]-pc-4-.jpg   Show Us Your Rig [3]-pc-5-.jpg   Show Us Your Rig [3]-personal-rig.jpg  

      My Computer


  10. Posts : 2,973
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
       #1860

    Not trying to debunk what has already been said in any way........but with newer cases being designed better, and components being more efficient (producing less heat), is there a need for a slew of ultra-high performance, high-speed low-drag case fans? What I guess I'm trying to say is, are your temps that high where you need to break out the Applied Physics book to orientate a bunch of fans to keep your components from boiling? All that is needed 99% of the time is to be able to move the air that your components heat up, OUT of the case. Positive vs Negative air pressure to me really has one factor involved......dust. In environments where your PC is on the floor, in a house with cats and dogs or whatever, you may need to adjust fans to create one or the other to deal with dust and debris collecting inside your case and on your components.

    Myself, I have 3 fans installed in my case. The 200mm fan in the roof, working as an EXHAUST. The 120mm fan that came with my Intel Water Cooler, mounted in the rear chassis position and working as an INTAKE (note: it is pulling in cold air from outside and forcing it through the radiator, thus not blowing air into the actual "case" at all). Lastly, a 120mm fan on the far side working as an INTAKE and blowing outside air onto the back of the motherboard. I really don't need that third fan, but it was the fan that originally came in the rear spot that most people use as an exhaust fan. I just decided to mount it on the far side of the case because there was a mounting spot for it, no other reason. Being behind the motherboard tray, what air that does make it in to the "case" is negligible. Long story short, I have slots for 6 more fans but I barely have the temps that warrant the fans I do have! All more fans would do for me would be create more noise and blow dust around more aggressively.

    Really study your component and case temps, get a logical grasp on what your fans are doing for you. It may help to sketch it out on a piece of paper, it may show you something you missed. If you are about to buy new fans, look at whether they are designed for Airflow, or Static Pressure....and learn the difference. Too many fans can work against each other or cause other problems.

    Sorry for the long post, believe it or not, this is the condensed version! I'm also not saying it applies to this particular conversation, but it is applicable in general. More times than not, a few good quality, well-placed fans will keep hot air where it needs to be......outside your case.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37.
Find Us