Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Post Your Overclock!

14 Dec 2011   #1001
vierasniper

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

ok so i checked my volts and im 1.280 at full load. thats resonable for 4.3 right. any tips? should i tighten those volts or leave it?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
14 Dec 2011   #1002
Wishmaster

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Just depends on the CPU since they will all run at diffrent clocks/vCore.



What I do is see where it will run stable at the lowest possible voltage.
And from that lowest stable place, go up 1 notch.

For example, mine was stable @ 4.5 at around 1.24vcore.
@ 1.23 would fail prime after a while.

So I ended up setting it at 1.25 (for a bit more headroom) and leaving it there for 24/7.
Just a little habit Ive always been in.


Just keep lowering the vcore a little at a time, and test until it fails.
then bump up a notch and see if stable, and youll have your lowest stable vCore.

I would think at 1.28 you could probably go up to 4.4 or 4.5
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2011   #1003
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Agree with Wishmaster, try small steps to determine stability. That's really the correct way to overclock. And since no two CPU's are alike, no one setting can work for all. Trial and error, and patience, is your friend when it comes to overclocking
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Dec 2011   #1004
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
I would think at 1.28 you could probably go up to 4.4 or 4.5
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Agree with Wishmaster, try small steps to determine stability. That's really the correct way to overclock. And since no two CPU's are alike, no one setting can work for all. Trial and error, and patience, is your friend when it comes to overclocking
Yep. the CPU voltage is fine, but you could either lower it or raise the clocks.

But to do all these adjustments, your better off doing it manually. I've got the same chip and virtually identical board and could post some of my settings if you like.

*NB As the others have said, no two chips are alike and there's no guarantee that my settings would work for you, but it might give you an idea of the different volts/settings that should be placed on manual.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2011   #1005
vierasniper

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
I would think at 1.28 you could probably go up to 4.4 or 4.5
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Agree with Wishmaster, try small steps to determine stability. That's really the correct way to overclock. And since no two CPU's are alike, no one setting can work for all. Trial and error, and patience, is your friend when it comes to overclocking
Yep. the CPU voltage is fine, but you could either lower it or raise the clocks.

But to do all these adjustments, your better off doing it manually. I've got the same chip and virtually identical board and could post some of my settings if you like.

*NB As the others have said, no two chips are alike and there's no guarantee that my settings would work for you, but it might give you an idea of the different volts/settings that should be placed on manual.
yeah i raised the multiplier to 44 which leaves me at 4.5 with 1.280 v. i tried 4.5 with 1.24,1.25,1.26v and all bsod. 1.27v booted and lasted for 1 min then bsod. i took it back 1.280v and its running now lol. yeah i did tweak it manually, i just tried the switch to see what would happen. ima run prime for a while and see the temps. if i like what i see ill step up the multiplier. and hope this doesnt melt on me. what are some decent temps at full load with 4.5? i just have 1 fan on my 212, no push/pull config.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2011   #1006
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Good approach vierasniper, good appraoch
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2011   #1007
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post
what are some decent temps at full load with 4.5? i just have 1 fan on my 212, no push/pull config.
P95, about 60-65c
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2011   #1008
vierasniper

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

alright i tried 4.5 with 1.28v and its instant bsod when trying p95. i lowered the multiplier, so now im at 4.4 1.27v and its running p95 just fine. temp wise im just a few degrees below 65 so that's good. i'd need a wee bit more juice to be stable at 4.5 huh? instead of slapping a generic 120mm on my 212, would preplacing both with the sought after noctua would i see improvement? or are they just for silence?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2011   #1009
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post
i'd need a wee bit more juice to be stable at 4.5 huh?
Possibly. There are other factors that could also be in play, like RAM. Have you set the X.M.P profile?

Quote:
instead of slapping a generic 120mm on my 212, would preplacing both with the sought after noctua would i see improvement? or are they just for silence?
They do push a fair of air, and yes you would see an improvement, but it's the noise level that the noctuas are re-known for.

There are other fans that will push more air, but noise can become a factor.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2011   #1010
essenbe

Windows 10 Pro/ Windows 10 Pro Insider
 
 

I may be wrong, but I think the Noctua pushes 56cfm and is almost silent. That's a fair amount of air to push.

EDIT: I was close, it is 54.36cfm Link.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Post Your Overclock!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Post Your Overclock! [2]
Continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/overclocking-case-mods/2309-post-your-overclock.html Finally hit 5GHz on air!
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Should I overclock my CPU?
Hello all, Recently my temps of my CPU have gone out of control, however, I disabled turbo mode in my bios and it works much better. Temps are less than 70c under full load My question is should I overclock this CPU I have? specs: CPU: Intel core i5 650 3.20GHz Mobo: Intel dq57tm
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
odd post/bios screen, plus no keyboard detected @ post
i had recently built a new computer. after installing windows 7 everything was fine, except for during start-up it'd say 'no keyboard deteced'. which it wasn't detecting it because i couldnt acess bios during this. once i came to the windows log in screen, it was then reading the keyboard. a...
General Discussion
Cant seem to get an overclock
Hi have an i7 2700k and an Asus P8H 61-M LE usb3 mobo and when i do a autotune overclock it says 4.0ghz and should set in the bios but it dosent,could anyone help me out on this one please Thanks
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App