Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Post Your Overclock!

28 Mar 2012   #1551
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tw33k View Post
Thanks guys.

Got it to 4.8GHz but couldn't run Cinebench. I'll stick with 4.5GHz for now. The NB doesn't like going higher than 2640MHz but I doubt it would increase performance anyway.
The NB helps RAM, but as you say I see no day to day increase in speed, only benchmark numbers.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Mar 2012   #1552
GeneO

Windows 10 Pro. EFI boot partition, full EFI boot
 
 

Looks great Mark!
Cheers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Mar 2012   #1553
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Yup, sometimes one needs to use the system and quit fiddling with it.
<NOTE: Take my own advice.>
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Mar 2012   #1554
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tw33k View Post
Got to 4.5 quite easily. My chip doesn't like the FSB much higher but I think I can get more out of it. Very pleased with this chip.



CPU-Z

I haven't even tweaked the RAM yet.


I thought my old 1090T was holding me back.
So I guess me and you found stable sweet spots but with in 100Mhz of each other not bad at all
Do you feel the 8150 Improved overall gaming performance i know mine did and you notice it right away


As for me I found a sweet spot on V-core and dropped it too 1.40 with a v-droop of 1.39-1.38

I also thought about picking up different Vengeance ram at 1866 for better ram timmings you really can't get more out of what i got seriously unless i want to be unstable


Attached Thumbnails
Post Your Overclock!-8120.png  
Attached Images
Post Your Overclock!-mem-speed.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Mar 2012   #1555
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tw33k View Post
Thanks guys.

Got it to 4.8GHz but couldn't run Cinebench. I'll stick with 4.5GHz for now. The NB doesn't like going higher than 2640MHz but I doubt it would increase performance anyway.
The NB helps RAM, but as you say I see no day to day increase in speed, only benchmark numbers.
From alot of the Overclocking guides i have read on these chips they say it is better to leave the Nb and SB alone there will be no gain because with the increase of clock and bump ram timmings from 1333 mhz to the upper 1600-1866-2000 mhz with a Oc there is no need to play with any ram timmings because by default it is 1333mhz and when using the overclock in the Bios lets you up the mhz with little to no work
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Mar 2012   #1556
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tw33k View Post
Thanks guys.

Got it to 4.8GHz but couldn't run Cinebench. I'll stick with 4.5GHz for now. The NB doesn't like going higher than 2640MHz but I doubt it would increase performance anyway.
You're certainly ringing the nuts of that thing
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Mar 2012   #1557
tw33k

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
 
 

Solarstarshines...I wish mine would run @ 4.5 with only 1.38v. My 1090T needed a lot as well which is making me wonder if it's my board. In terms of real world performance, I didn't really see a lot of improvement over the 1090T @ 4Ghz. My maxxmem score tho increased quite a bit but the 1090T beat the FX in Cinebench.

I only got the FX to see if the 1090T was holding back my RAM and it was. I'm not unhappy with the FX just not overly excited either.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
You're certainly ringing the nuts of that thing
lol...had to see how high I could take it otherwise it's like buying a Ferrari and sticking to the speed limit.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Mar 2012   #1558
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tw33k View Post
Solarstarshines...I wish mine would run @ 4.5 with only 1.38v. My 1090T needed a lot as well which is making me wonder if it's my board. In terms of real world performance, I didn't really see a lot of improvement over the 1090T @ 4Ghz. My maxxmem score tho increased quite a bit but the 1090T beat the FX in Cinebench.

I only got the FX to see if the 1090T was holding back my RAM and it was. I'm not unhappy with the FX just not overly excited either.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
You're certainly ringing the nuts of that thing
lol...had to see how high I could take it otherwise it's like buying a Ferrari and sticking to the speed limit.
Are you not use-ing Watercooling ?

That's the first thing i did when i got the chip i switched to a WaterBlock

Also reading about these chips voltages varies but can be chured up to 2.0 V-core
The Boards that saw the Best OC was Fomula IV Boards and Gigabyte 990ufd

My board have a highest v-core of 1.49 I can't go any higher even with the C1E C6 turbo core etc turned off

Im running MSI 990fx GD-80 which is doing the job

To compemsate for the Power draw i got the AX850 which helped my Crossfire set up as well and everything is Buttery smooth i do have this clip of a bench i took last night at these setting on Unigene 3.0 I havn't tryed at my normal resolution though or 1920/1080

also clocks were 920/1130 920/1130 i just leveled it out at 920/1125 diamond card 6870 Msi card 920/1120 The 1120 is stock when you go higher it freezes the bench that is why i left it but the diamond runs well off the higher clock speeds also use-ing the 12.3 CCC Not a single issue like others have been reporting


Attached Thumbnails
Post Your Overclock!-bench-1.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Mar 2012   #1559
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
You're certainly ringing the nuts of that thing
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tw33k View Post


lol...had to see how high I could take it otherwise it's like buying a Ferrari and sticking to the speed limit.
Ha ha - exactly
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Mar 2012   #1560
tw33k

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post

Are you not use-ing Watercooling ?

That's the first thing i did when i got the chip i switched to a WaterBlock

Also reading about these chips voltages varies but can be chured up to 2.0 V-core
The Boards that saw the Best OC was Fomula IV Boards and Gigabyte 990ufd

My board have a highest v-core of 1.49 I can't go any higher even with the C1E C6 turbo core etc turned off

Im running MSI 990fx GD-80 which is doing the job

To compemsate for the Power draw i got the AX850 which helped my Crossfire set up as well and everything is Buttery smooth i do have this clip of a bench i took last night at these setting on Unigene 3.0 I havn't tryed at my normal resolution though or 1920/1080

also clocks were 920/1130 920/1130 i just leveled it out at 920/1125 diamond card 6870 Msi card 920/1120 The 1120 is stock when you go higher it freezes the bench that is why i left it but the diamond runs well off the higher clock speeds also use-ing the 12.3 CCC Not a single issue like others have been reporting
I still don't like the idea of liquid cooling yet. I've got a Phanteks PH-TC14PE with a UK-3000 and an AP-121 in push/pull. Under load the max core temp hit 47c and averaged 45c. Pretty good. I'm going to add a fan to the right side aimed at the back of the CPU. That will help.

I wound the FSB down to 200 and upped the multi to 22.5 to keep 4.5GHz. That allowed me to drop the voltage down a touch but it's still at 1.5v. I tried all the LLC options and having it disabled is the best option.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Post Your Overclock!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Post Your Overclock! [2]
Continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/overclocking-case-mods/2309-post-your-overclock.html Finally hit 5GHz on air!
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
HELP ME i HAVE NEVER OVERCLOCK TELL ME HOW
Hello Sevenforums,I would like some other opinions on this subject please. Latley there have been many post showing up from people who have NEVER overclocked there processor wanting someone to give them step by step instructions to achieve this gole. I fully understand the excitment because it...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Help me overclock!!
Hey, I'm trying to overclock my Computer in order to play Battlefield 3 at ultrahigh setting flawlessly, I barely got any overclocking experience, and when i overclock to 3.6ghz my computer crashed and turned off while playing battlefield 3. Apparently they told me i didnt overclock right and it...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Could you help me overclock my cpu?
Hi guys. Before we start, i would like to thank you for your time and help :) So my system is: CPU - Intel Pentium 4 1.6a(northwood) FREQUENCY-1.6ghz; L2-CACHE-512kb; FRONT_SIDE_BUS-400 MT/s; MULTIPLIER-16x; VOLTAGE-1.475V; SOCKET-478 RAM - Kingston 2x512mb(total 1gb) DDR (one of them i think...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
overclock
i have a geforce 880GTX graphics card i overclocked the core clock from 592 mhz to 632mhz memory clock 921mhz to 1053 mhz i am wanting to know how can i know if overclocking it to this is ok is there any signs that tell you you've overclocked too much
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:17.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App