Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Post Your Overclock!

23 Apr 2012   #1671
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

[QUOTE=ganjiry;1893283]
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
still 4.4 is nice chap my DRAM voltage is reading higher in windows than in the bios. in the bios its 1.65v but in windows its 1.667v should i knock it down a tad in the bios or will it be ok as is?
cheers folks

edit: that slight up of the vcore has stopped it from droppin every now n then and it also survived a few hours bf3 with no probs, max temp was 46c ingame
Leave it as is because it is at the proper voltage it might be bumped a tad because you used more v core to keep a overclock

Im just going to accept my wall is 4.4ghz and no other way around it it still does the trick and most people with the higher end BD chip 8150 most hang around 4.5 Ghz which pretty much im already in that ball park so im not to disapointed and the RAM oc i just done give it a extra gush of excitment if you know what i mean
okey dokey chap cheers ive noticed that when i type in a certain value in voltage say with the vcore i typed in 1.350 i hit enter and it changes to 1.344v.

as u say 4.4 is close enough. most reports ive seen are saying around 4.5/ 4.6. i havent seen many over that.

core temp isnt reading newer cpu's right. i stopped using it as it was telling me my cpu was 14c lower than it was so i had to set an offset which made me disstrust it. it also said my fx cpu was an engineering sample. after trawling loads of forums it turns out that the apps to trust with the bulldozer is aida x64, cpuid hw monitor(not open hardware monitor) amd overdrive. if u have an asus board the suprisingly asus ia suite II is bang on with volts and temps but i got rid of that too. more to have runnin in the background. which reminds me, if i had asus ai suite running n then opened hw monitor. ai suite would start chuckin out silly warnings to say my cpu/nb was @ -115c or a case fan was @ 0rpm
i just use aida x64 n hav it display all the important stuff on the onscreen display which i didnt know it could do untill the other day lol. been using it over a year too lol which reminds me i have a couple of engineer keys for it if anyone wants to use


Reason why i say it is my sweet spot because even though i disable C6 it will not give me extra v-core in order to get over 4.5 Ghz stable you need atleast 1.45 vlts

Im limited and trying to get a extra 200mhz isn't worth it me Oc'ing the ram will make it perform just as fast as it was 4.5 4.6 Ghz Besides if you read about the 8120 most of them Oc to 4.4 Ghz with no Headaches it is after that the headaches begin Besides i chose this chip because the specs were besicly the same as the 8150 which is $ 50.00 More


Which most people with the that chip getting at best 4.5 Ghz
Some of these post your reading of people getting sick overclocks is not what it looks like most of the time it is one or two cores while the others are shut down

These chips have a core control feature you can shut cores down for higher clockings and that is why you see such high clocks there not use-ing all cores

I got a legitimate Oc on all cores I hope i've gotten you curious lol

I still testing the best method to Oc besides use-ing just the Multiplyer I seem very solid with these settings Multi-20 Fsb-220mhz Ram Oc-from 1600mhz to 1760mhz via Fsb no voltage change on the Dimms they run fine at that speed any higher then i would need to bump the volts so far 24/7 running great WEI and stable prime all 8 cores


By the way when you enter a value and it goes lower then set it is called V-droop or V-drop you have to increase more to give it the stable number you are looking to hit that is when the LLC and C1 C6 states come into play if your not familliar with them then dont bother them cause you will be asking for trouble

But if you up the voltage like 1.36 it will show 1.35- 1.34 or 1.33 depending on the droop


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Apr 2012   #1672
essenbe

Windows 10 Pro/ Windows 10 Pro Insider
 
 

I think this is about the max for this CPU. But, it passed.

Post Your Overclock!-4.8-ibt.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2012   #1673
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
I think this is about the max for this CPU. But, it passed.

Attachment 208514

Looking mighty fine there 4.8 Ghz is no slauch my friend that is a very good OC
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Apr 2012   #1674
essenbe

Windows 10 Pro/ Windows 10 Pro Insider
 
 

Thanks. It took a while to get there though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2012   #1675
ganjiry

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

[QUOTE=Solarstarshines;1893524]
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post

Leave it as is because it is at the proper voltage it might be bumped a tad because you used more v core to keep a overclock

Im just going to accept my wall is 4.4ghz and no other way around it it still does the trick and most people with the higher end BD chip 8150 most hang around 4.5 Ghz which pretty much im already in that ball park so im not to disapointed and the RAM oc i just done give it a extra gush of excitment if you know what i mean
okey dokey chap cheers ive noticed that when i type in a certain value in voltage say with the vcore i typed in 1.350 i hit enter and it changes to 1.344v.

as u say 4.4 is close enough. most reports ive seen are saying around 4.5/ 4.6. i havent seen many over that.

core temp isnt reading newer cpu's right. i stopped using it as it was telling me my cpu was 14c lower than it was so i had to set an offset which made me disstrust it. it also said my fx cpu was an engineering sample. after trawling loads of forums it turns out that the apps to trust with the bulldozer is aida x64, cpuid hw monitor(not open hardware monitor) amd overdrive. if u have an asus board the suprisingly asus ia suite II is bang on with volts and temps but i got rid of that too. more to have runnin in the background. which reminds me, if i had asus ai suite running n then opened hw monitor. ai suite would start chuckin out silly warnings to say my cpu/nb was @ -115c or a case fan was @ 0rpm
i just use aida x64 n hav it display all the important stuff on the onscreen display which i didnt know it could do untill the other day lol. been using it over a year too lol which reminds me i have a couple of engineer keys for it if anyone wants to use


Reason why i say it is my sweet spot because even though i disable C6 it will not give me extra v-core in order to get over 4.5 Ghz stable you need atleast 1.45 vlts

Im limited and trying to get a extra 200mhz isn't worth it me Oc'ing the ram will make it perform just as fast as it was 4.5 4.6 Ghz Besides if you read about the 8120 most of them Oc to 4.4 Ghz with no Headaches it is after that the headaches begin Besides i chose this chip because the specs were besicly the same as the 8150 which is $ 50.00 More


Which most people with the that chip getting at best 4.5 Ghz
Some of these post your reading of people getting sick overclocks is not what it looks like most of the time it is one or two cores while the others are shut down

These chips have a core control feature you can shut cores down for higher clockings and that is why you see such high clocks there not use-ing all cores

I got a legitimate Oc on all cores I hope i've gotten you curious lol

I still testing the best method to Oc besides use-ing just the Multiplyer I seem very solid with these settings Multi-20 Fsb-220mhz Ram Oc-from 1600mhz to 1760mhz via Fsb no voltage change on the Dimms they run fine at that speed any higher then i would need to bump the volts so far 24/7 running great WEI and stable prime all 8 cores


By the way when you enter a value and it goes lower then set it is called V-droop or V-drop you have to increase more to give it the stable number you are looking to hit that is when the LLC and C1 C6 states come into play if your not familliar with them then dont bother them cause you will be asking for trouble

But if you up the voltage like 1.36 it will show 1.35- 1.34 or 1.33 depending on the droop
first of all apologies, id forgot it was the 8120 u have not the 8150 so i was well wrong on that one. dont get me wrong i wouldn't question anybodies knowledge around here. you have all been in this game a lot longer than me hense why i always come here for advice. i trust this forum
lol @ hope u got me curious i had read about it in a few forums but its not somethin id bother with. im not planning on trying to get mega high oc's i just wanted to get my cpu half decent as at stock its a bit sloooow and as you've said when it comes to delving into the likes of llc n what av ya is a bit beyond me at the moment. i have read up on it though but not 100% on it. i know its to adjust/compensate voltages in some way for better oc at high loads or something. more reading to do and v-droop ive read about too but wasnt sure how to correct it. i thought this is where llc comes into play. i know im miles away on things but i shall keep reading even if i never plan on putting any of it into practice. one can never learn enough
i know i will probaly go higher at some point but at the moment im enjoying learning it all from good peeps in the know. some of u must have real good patients cos i know im a pain in the ass when ive had a smoke nothin sinks in lol
there are way too many options in the bios of this new board that i have never seen before to go delving in and messing. eventough i know that id only kill things by giving too much power n getting too hot. im still really aprehensive about doing things lol. pratice makes perfect aye i think im not doing too bad considering id never had any dealings with pc's before 18months ago
cheers folks

edit toooo many smileys

nice oc essenbe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2012   #1676
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

I consider that pretty good I been playing with my own bought systems since 94 but played with machines since 10 years old 20+ years and still have tons to learn
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2012   #1677
ganjiry

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

ima trying its thanks to you lot mostly. if i havent been able to suss somethin myself by either reading or youtube then i come ere and always get the help i need. which is always very much apreciated
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2012   #1678
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
I think this is about the max for this CPU. But, it passed.

Attachment 208514
Very good there buddy! Looks like your chip at least has a higher max Vcore.
EDIT: Stable between High and Very High.
Post Your Overclock!-stable-4600.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2012   #1679
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
still 4.4 is nice chap my DRAM voltage is reading higher in windows than in the bios. in the bios its 1.65v but in windows its 1.667v should i knock it down a tad in the bios or will it be ok as is?
cheers folks

edit: that slight up of the vcore has stopped it from droppin every now n then and it also survived a few hours bf3 with no probs, max temp was 46c ingame
Set your DRAM volts to the stock value, should be of the sricks of RAM. But 1.667 is fine if the RAM is 1.65V. Curious, where does Windows give your RAM volts?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2012   #1680
ganjiry

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
still 4.4 is nice chap my DRAM voltage is reading higher in windows than in the bios. in the bios its 1.65v but in windows its 1.667v should i knock it down a tad in the bios or will it be ok as is?
cheers folks

edit: that slight up of the vcore has stopped it from droppin every now n then and it also survived a few hours bf3 with no probs, max temp was 46c ingame
Set your DRAM volts to the stock value, should be of the sricks of RAM. But 1.667 is fine if the RAM is 1.65V. Curious, where does Windows give your RAM volts?
ello britton
yeah thats how id left it. i set it as 1.65v which is the rated voltage. when i say in windows i meant useing aida x64's on screen display. sorry occasionally it goes up to 1.67. i have ran it bellow the 1.65 before. about 1.63 i think and it was ok
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Post Your Overclock!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Post Your Overclock! [2]
Continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/overclocking-case-mods/2309-post-your-overclock.html Finally hit 5GHz on air!
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Should I overclock my CPU?
Hello all, Recently my temps of my CPU have gone out of control, however, I disabled turbo mode in my bios and it works much better. Temps are less than 70c under full load My question is should I overclock this CPU I have? specs: CPU: Intel core i5 650 3.20GHz Mobo: Intel dq57tm
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
odd post/bios screen, plus no keyboard detected @ post
i had recently built a new computer. after installing windows 7 everything was fine, except for during start-up it'd say 'no keyboard deteced'. which it wasn't detecting it because i couldnt acess bios during this. once i came to the windows log in screen, it was then reading the keyboard. a...
General Discussion
Cant seem to get an overclock
Hi have an i7 2700k and an Asus P8H 61-M LE usb3 mobo and when i do a autotune overclock it says 4.0ghz and should set in the bios but it dosent,could anyone help me out on this one please Thanks
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App