Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Post Your Overclock!

17 May 2012   #1771
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Tommy you can go ahead and try the MSI utility, if you BSOD reboot and start over. Those of us who over clock probably have more BSOD's than anyone. I understand it is possible to save a profile in the Oc utility and have it load with Windows when needed.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 May 2012   #1772
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

I think ill pass i dont want to risk what decent stability i have just something to think about was all thanks though im gonna dump it

It actually helps looking at the cpu pll which would help me stablize the v-core but so far the same result which means im just gonna leave it on auto seems i can't find a good spot for it not to make the core droop
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2012   #1773
ganjiry

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

ello chaps
just a quick question if u dont mind, ive just installed my new ram so started over with all my settings.
i have my cpu/nb at 2400 and cpu/nb voltage at 1.256v even while idle the voltage will rise to 1.263/1.270v
now i know that it raises under load and so on. am i better off raising it a tad more to lock it iin or leave it as is?
i think give it another nudge. right or wrong? as always any help is always apreciated
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 May 2012   #1774
Wishmaster

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tw33k View Post
I lost stability @ 4.6GHz for some reason. A new BIOS was just released so I flashed it and ran Aida64 again. Seems good again

Attachment 212118

UPDATE: 4.7GHz..Offset mode +0.085 (1.34v under load) LLC Level 1 CPU-Z

Attachment 212145 Attachment 212146

Attachment 212147

Looks very good! Welcome to the Darkside.

I used to have all AMD rigs as well at one point, and remember when switching to Intel having somewhat the experience you did.
I remember thinking everything felt smoother and quicker. I thought perhaps it was just me expecting it to be though

Been pleased with my Intel builds since, although going back to AMD is not out of the question if they start coming out with some really good stuff again.
They have, sadly, been falling behind lately Which I truly hate to see.
Competition is good!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2012   #1775
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tw33k View Post
I lost stability @ 4.6GHz for some reason. A new BIOS was just released so I flashed it and ran Aida64 again. Seems good again

Attachment 212118

UPDATE: 4.7GHz..Offset mode +0.085 (1.34v under load) LLC Level 1 CPU-Z

Attachment 212145 Attachment 212146

Attachment 212147

Looks very good! Welcome to the Darkside.

I used to have all AMD rigs as well at one point, and remember when switching to Intel having somewhat the experience you did.
I remember thinking everything felt smoother and quicker. I thought perhaps it was just me expecting it to be though

Been pleased with my Intel builds since, although going back to AMD is not out of the question if they start coming out with some really good stuff again.
They have, sadly, been falling behind lately Which I truly hate to see.
Competition is good!

I used to run all intel all the time nothing wrong with change

I am going from Intel to AMD vis verca only thing that kinda turned me off of intel is the heat they give out too much heat machine shuts down everytime go to the point cleaning and cooling just wasn't cutting it

After that I added a new card and bam whole thing went dead that is when i decided to build AMD cheaper and got me going with out too much out of my pocket
maybe that is why im still on the wagon lol

In the future I will probally get another intel rig with stuff comming out so fast I would be cursing myself to run to ivy bridge / I think in another year i can see myself getting a Intel rig together

Simply because i have the money to waste on it and not because of budget
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2012   #1776
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
ello chaps
just a quick question if u dont mind, ive just installed my new ram so started over with all my settings.
i have my cpu/nb at 2400 and cpu/nb voltage at 1.256v even while idle the voltage will rise to 1.263/1.270v
now i know that it raises under load and so on. am i better off raising it a tad more to lock it iin or leave it as is?
i think give it another nudge. right or wrong? as always any help is always apreciated
Hiya, I would have left all settings the same as with the old RAM but made the adjustments to get the new RAM to stock specs. try to keep the HT Link near 2000, the higher the NB frequency the better without crashing. I think tw33k had his NB up to 3000 at one time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2012   #1777
ganjiry

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
ello chaps
just a quick question if u dont mind, ive just installed my new ram so started over with all my settings.
i have my cpu/nb at 2400 and cpu/nb voltage at 1.256v even while idle the voltage will rise to 1.263/1.270v
now i know that it raises under load and so on. am i better off raising it a tad more to lock it iin or leave it as is?
i think give it another nudge. right or wrong? as always any help is always apreciated
Hiya, I would have left all settings the same as with the old RAM but made the adjustments to get the new RAM to stock specs. try to keep the HT Link near 2000, the higher the NB frequency the better without crashing. I think tw33k had his NB up to 3000 at one time.
ello
he settings are the same as b4, i just entered em manually. b4 i only had my cpu/nb at 2200(stock) because it just kept crashing b4 when i raised it because i was'nt giving it enough voltage but its ok now at 2400 which is where im gonna leave it.i just wondered if it was better for the cpu's stability to give the cpu/nb voltage a nudge to keep it at a steady number or let it switch under load. from 1.256 to 1.280 ingame. its ibt stable.
HT link is on auto i think but will set it at 2000 anyway. i had forgot to be honest

cheers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2012   #1778
tw33k

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
I used to run all intel all the time nothing wrong with change

I am going from Intel to AMD vis verca only thing that kinda turned me off of intel is the heat they give out too much heat machine shuts down everytime go to the point cleaning and cooling just wasn't cutting it

After that I added a new card and bam whole thing went dead that is when i decided to build AMD cheaper and got me going with out too much out of my pocket
maybe that is why im still on the wagon lol

In the future I will probally get another intel rig with stuff comming out so fast I would be cursing myself to run to ivy bridge / I think in another year i can see myself getting a Intel rig together

Simply because i have the money to waste on it and not because of budget
Ivy chips do get pretty hot. @ 4.7GHz the cores average ~80c (the hottest hits 90c max) I haven't tried 4.8GHz yet and don't know if I will. My Phanteks can only take so much and I'm not keen (yet) on liquid cooling
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2012   #1779
Wishmaster

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

With Intel Chips, I like to see where a OC will stay between 65-70C under Prime stress.
I know many will go a bit warmer, but for me 65-70 under Prime or IBT is the sweet spot for a 24/7 OC.


I haven't researched much into IB, but do they run warmer than Sandy chips do? I know Intels do seem to run hot vs many of AMDs offerings, but its seems to be the norm.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2012   #1780
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Wishmaster, IB does run warmer. I had one and it ran 5-6C warmer than SB. That was during IBT. They require much lower voltage though. During normal operation and Gaming, the temps were the same as I get from my 2600K. They do have a higher TJmax (105) than SB. So, even though they will run warmer, the distance to TJmax is the same.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Post Your Overclock!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Post Your Overclock! [2]
Continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/overclocking-case-mods/2309-post-your-overclock.html Finally hit 5GHz on air!
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
HELP ME i HAVE NEVER OVERCLOCK TELL ME HOW
Hello Sevenforums,I would like some other opinions on this subject please. Latley there have been many post showing up from people who have NEVER overclocked there processor wanting someone to give them step by step instructions to achieve this gole. I fully understand the excitment because it...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Help me overclock!!
Hey, I'm trying to overclock my Computer in order to play Battlefield 3 at ultrahigh setting flawlessly, I barely got any overclocking experience, and when i overclock to 3.6ghz my computer crashed and turned off while playing battlefield 3. Apparently they told me i didnt overclock right and it...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Could you help me overclock my cpu?
Hi guys. Before we start, i would like to thank you for your time and help :) So my system is: CPU - Intel Pentium 4 1.6a(northwood) FREQUENCY-1.6ghz; L2-CACHE-512kb; FRONT_SIDE_BUS-400 MT/s; MULTIPLIER-16x; VOLTAGE-1.475V; SOCKET-478 RAM - Kingston 2x512mb(total 1gb) DDR (one of them i think...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
overclock
i have a geforce 880GTX graphics card i overclocked the core clock from 592 mhz to 632mhz memory clock 921mhz to 1053 mhz i am wanting to know how can i know if overclocking it to this is ok is there any signs that tell you you've overclocked too much
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App