Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Post Your Overclock!

22 Aug 2011   #781
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Did I miss something or were we using a specific benchmark for comparison purposes?

Seems everyone, myself included, are using something different.
Which is fine, I was merley curious.
No, I think the start of the thread was any good program will do, or something like that. I think any respectable program is OK.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Aug 2011   #782
YTBOY83

Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate Edition SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rmw020 View Post
I thought i would post this to see peoples CPU Performance, use any good program like CPU-Z.

CPU-Z Validator 3.1
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Did I miss something or were we using a specific benchmark for comparison purposes?

Seems everyone, myself included, are using something different.
Which is fine, I was merley curious.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Did I miss something or were we using a specific benchmark for comparison purposes?

Seems everyone, myself included, are using something different.
Which is fine, I was merley curious.
No, I think the start of the thread was any good program will do, or something like that. I think any respectable program is OK.

Any good program shall do.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Sep 2011   #783
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Hi guys just thought i would throw this out there

I was Oc'ed at 3.8 Ghz But decided to see if i could bump it a little higher

well now i am Running 4 Ghz

Now just to let you know these aren't idle temps these are temps after a few hours of Gaming namely Left4Dead 2 Highest settings anyway i think this is decent being a Phenom 965 Be chip

Also it did help that,I updated my bios as well


Attached Thumbnails
Post Your Overclock!-oc-4.ghz.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Sep 2011   #784
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Nice OC, running cool
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Sep 2011   #785
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
Nice OC, running cool

Thank you these Boards are awesome once you get all the kinks out

These are Idle temps about a .10 degree's difference from gaming to idle


Attached Thumbnails
Post Your Overclock!-idle-temps.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2011   #786
StalkeR

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Thats excellent !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2011   #787
TommyAU0

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote:
=Solarstarshines;1566250]These are Idle temps about a .10 degree's difference from gaming to idle

I notice you've got all 3 fans running at 100% even at idle. 2 fans at around 2300rpm and 1 at 1000rpm.
I don't know how you can stand the noise. This would be way too loud for me.

My CPU fan runs at like 700rpm at idle and sit's on around 30 degree's and ramps up to 1900rpm according to usage/temp.
The other two case fans both sit on 1000rpm. I can speed those up to 1900rpm if needed too but it's never been necessary.
Maybe you should enable your CPU smart fan control setting in bios to quieten things down a bit.

Are you using an aftermarket cooler?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2011   #788
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TommyAU0 View Post
Quote:
=Solarstarshines;1566250]These are Idle temps about a .10 degree's difference from gaming to idle

I notice you've got all 3 fans running at 100% even at idle. 2 fans at around 2300rpm and 1 at 1000rpm.
I don't know how you can stand the noise. This would be way too loud for me.

My CPU fan runs at like 700rpm at idle and sit's on around 30 degree's and ramps up to 1900rpm according to usage/temp.
The other two case fans both sit on 1000rpm. I can speed those up to 1900rpm if needed too but it's never been necessary.
Maybe you should enable your CPU smart fan control setting in bios to quieten things down a bit.

Are you using an aftermarket cooler?
The fans are quiet i don't hear much of anything ,It also depends on what hardware is used

Im useing ultra quiet cooler master fans pretty much pc is quiet compared to my other one that doesnt use 100% and runs alot cooler

Using cooler master Hyper 101 and all my fans are 3000 rpm

And Cpuz isn't that accurate anyways look how low my 12v rails are ,There is no way i would get stuff to work
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2011   #789
TommyAU0

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

hmm... fair anough
maybe i need to invest in some quiet fans like your's
at 2000rpm my ones get pretty loud and i can imagine what 3000rpm would sound like if they actually went that fast.
i guess everyones different though when it comes to pc quietness, for eg i leave my pc on overnight sometimes for dloading and it's in my room so i hate having loud fans going all night

anyhow.. seem's like u got a nice setup going there
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2011   #790
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TommyAU0 View Post
hmm... fair anough
maybe i need to invest in some quiet fans like your's
at 2000rpm my ones get pretty loud and i can imagine what 3000rpm would sound like if they actually went that fast.
i guess everyones different though when it comes to pc quietness, for eg i leave my pc on overnight sometimes for dloading and it's in my room so i hate having loud fans going all night

anyhow.. seem's like u got a nice setup going there

Ha That is the least of my troubles with the noise The house fan my wife has on a constant 24/7 makes more noise then the Pc and Then you have My two year old well just say ear plugs are good inventions cause when she yells goodness bring out the shreakanator lmao

Anyway you can always purchase Quiet fans and Other mods to make it pretty much unhearable there were times i thought it was off if it wasn't for the Bright Led lights on in it

Thanks for Apreciating my set up to
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Post Your Overclock!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Post Your Overclock! [2]
Continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/overclocking-case-mods/2309-post-your-overclock.html Finally hit 5GHz on air!
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
HELP ME i HAVE NEVER OVERCLOCK TELL ME HOW
Hello Sevenforums,I would like some other opinions on this subject please. Latley there have been many post showing up from people who have NEVER overclocked there processor wanting someone to give them step by step instructions to achieve this gole. I fully understand the excitment because it...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Help me overclock!!
Hey, I'm trying to overclock my Computer in order to play Battlefield 3 at ultrahigh setting flawlessly, I barely got any overclocking experience, and when i overclock to 3.6ghz my computer crashed and turned off while playing battlefield 3. Apparently they told me i didnt overclock right and it...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Could you help me overclock my cpu?
Hi guys. Before we start, i would like to thank you for your time and help :) So my system is: CPU - Intel Pentium 4 1.6a(northwood) FREQUENCY-1.6ghz; L2-CACHE-512kb; FRONT_SIDE_BUS-400 MT/s; MULTIPLIER-16x; VOLTAGE-1.475V; SOCKET-478 RAM - Kingston 2x512mb(total 1gb) DDR (one of them i think...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
overclock
i have a geforce 880GTX graphics card i overclocked the core clock from 592 mhz to 632mhz memory clock 921mhz to 1053 mhz i am wanting to know how can i know if overclocking it to this is ok is there any signs that tell you you've overclocked too much
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App