Post Your Overclock! [2]

Page 34 of 123 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 2,973
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
       #331

    Dave76 said:
    Those temps are pretty low, did you check them with another program?
    Like RealTemp.

    If it's accurate, you should go to +5GHz.
    AIDA64 and RealTemp are always spot on +/- 1*. I wish I could get 4.5GHz at the voltage you are using!
    Post Your Overclock! [2]-oc-temps.jpg
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 537
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
       #332

    Dave, Kelly, very nice indeed!

    I'm seriously thinking about moving back to Intel after many years of AMD. The bulldozers are a bit of a disappointment. Not shure about the Visheras, but I'm positive that any decent i5 would do much better than my 8120.

    Cheers,

    J
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 7,470
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
       #333

    Bungee18 said:
    Dave, Kelly, very nice indeed!

    I'm seriously thinking about moving back to Intel after many years of AMD. The bulldozers are a bit of a disappointment. Not shure about the Visheras, but I'm positive that any decent i5 would do much better than my 8120.

    Cheers,

    J

    I told you this in another Thread the Vishrera is 20% better then the 8120 or 8150

    the 8350 is comparable to the 3570k but it does compare really well with a 3770 k in multi threading and decompression so when i was suggesting about keeping your video card vs getting a new one I suggested you already have the socket just update the bios get the chip and you will see a big difference

    I'm using my CinBench to show you the difference 8120 Oc'ed to 4.7 would barley get 7.90 same speed 8350 8.11 about a 20% gain

    This chip is what Bulldozer was orginally supposed to be I assume
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Overclock! [2]-cin.png  
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 537
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
       #334

    Solarstarshines said:
    Bungee18 said:
    Dave, Kelly, very nice indeed!

    I'm seriously thinking about moving back to Intel after many years of AMD. The bulldozers are a bit of a disappointment. Not shure about the Visheras, but I'm positive that any decent i5 would do much better than my 8120.

    Cheers,

    J

    I told you this in another Thread the Vishrera is 20% better then the 8120 or 8150

    the 8350 is comparable to the 3570k but it does compare really well with a 3770 k in muli threading and decompression so when i was suggesting about keeping your video card vs getting a new one I suggested you already have the socket just update the bios get the chip and you will see a big difference
    Yeah, I remember your suggestion, and I have a 990fx board on its way. Maybe I will give the 8350 a try.
    Maybe an 8350 plus a second 7850!
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 26,468
    Windows 11 Pro
       #335

    Nice overclock, Kelly and good temps. It's those Malaysian CPU's that get the good Vcore, it seems.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 12,177
    Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
       #336

    kbrady1979 said:
    Dave76 said:
    Those temps are pretty low, did you check them with another program?
    Like RealTemp.

    If it's accurate, you should go to +5GHz.
    AIDA64 and RealTemp are always spot on +/- 1*. I wish I could get 4.5GHz at the voltage you are using!
    Post Your Overclock! [2]-oc-temps.jpg
    That CPU cooler is excellent, I'll have to check into that.
    My voltage settings are a patented secret
    Just got lucky with the CPU, I guess.

    Bungee18 said:
    Dave, Kelly, very nice indeed!

    I'm seriously thinking about moving back to Intel after many years of AMD. The bulldozers are a bit of a disappointment. Not shure about the Visheras, but I'm positive that any decent i5 would do much better than my 8120.

    Cheers,

    J
    Thanks Bungee, I like my Intel CPU, the i5 3570k is a nice one to play with.

    @essenbe, mine is a Costa Rican.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 2,973
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
       #337

    I went with the Intel cooler, even though most reviewers said it was just decent, and it's been a champ for me. I would like to try a Noctua fan on it and see if it performs any better.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 7,470
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
       #338

    Bungee18 said:
    Solarstarshines said:
    Bungee18 said:
    Dave, Kelly, very nice indeed!

    I'm seriously thinking about moving back to Intel after many years of AMD. The bulldozers are a bit of a disappointment. Not shure about the Visheras, but I'm positive that any decent i5 would do much better than my 8120.

    Cheers,

    J

    I told you this in another Thread the Vishrera is 20% better then the 8120 or 8150

    the 8350 is comparable to the 3570k but it does compare really well with a 3770 k in muli threading and decompression so when i was suggesting about keeping your video card vs getting a new one I suggested you already have the socket just update the bios get the chip and you will see a big difference
    Yeah, I remember your suggestion, and I have a 990fx board on its way. Maybe I will give the 8350 a try.
    Maybe an 8350 plus a second 7850!
    At this point you will only have a better running system and you don't have to jump ship because it's on par with the 3570k
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 12,177
    Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
       #339

    kbrady1979 said:
    I went with the Intel cooler, even though most reviewers said it was just decent, and it's been a champ for me. I would like to try a Noctua fan on it and see if it performs any better.
    It's definitely more than decent, Nocs should give at least a little improvement, it will be quieter.
    How's the noise with the stock fans?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 2,973
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
       #340

    It's a Delta fan, so it's not junk, but I think the Noctua F12 would be better for it. I have very little fan noise as it is in the rear of the case, on the other side of the Rad.........I don't hear it at all.
      My Computer


 
Page 34 of 123 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:47.
Find Us