Post Your Overclock! [2]

Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2345614104 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 12,364
    8 Pro x64
       #31

    tom982 said:
    I was running at 4.7GHz but even on water, it was still hitting high 80s under full load.
    Stress or daily?


    Don't worry about stress loads.

    But it's a H100, so it's not exactly 'full water cooling' - think of it as more like 'high end' air cooling.

    I was hitting high 80's during stress, but average real world 'heavy load' is about 65c. And that's on my hottest core. others don't even break 60c.

    Occasionally my hottest core hits low 70's - but it's still well within the comfort zone.

    Basically you're still good at 4.7ghz with those temps :)


    You can always round off with a nice 4.6ghz and more comfy temps.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 2,663
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64
       #32

    smarteyeball said:
    tom982 said:
    I was running at 4.7GHz but even on water, it was still hitting high 80s under full load.
    Stress or daily?


    Don't worry about stress loads.

    But it's a H100, so it's not exactly 'full water cooling' - think of it as more like 'high end' air cooling.

    I was hitting high 80's during stress, but average real world 'heavy load' is about 65c. And that's on my hottest core. others don't even break 60c.

    Occasionally my hottest core hits low 70's - but it's still well within the comfort zone.

    Basically you're still good at 4.7ghz with those temps :)


    You can always round off with a nice 4.6ghz and more comfy temps.
    Well, whatever you'd classify Folding@Home to be. I know it isn't stress as such, but it's pretty heavy on the CPU usage.

    Yeah, I'm planning on replacing it with a proper water cooling kit, I've heard good things about the XSPC kits so I might go for one of them :) But, I need the money first.

    I need to have another play with it :) I'll let you guys know how I get on.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 545
    Windows 10 Technical Preview - x64
       #33

    I think I need to pick up some MX-4 now because for some reason the temps are fairly higher than they were prior to the two week blackout. Maybe I've applied too much paste.

    Ugh. At least I won't have to re-manage any wires. Yet.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 12,364
    8 Pro x64
       #34

    tom982 said:

    Well, whatever you'd classify Folding@Home to be. I know it isn't stress as such, but it's pretty heavy on the CPU usage.
    Yeah, folding is pretty stressful on both CPU and GPU.

    If was hitting high 80's whilst folding, then yeah - that is a bit warm :)

    Yeah, I'm planning on replacing it with a proper water cooling kit, I've heard good things about the XSPC kits so I might go for one of them :) But, I need the money first.
    I've been out of the 'loop' for a while when it comes to WC kits - but I've heard XSPC kits are pretty good.

    (Although selecting custom components and creating your own kit is even better. But that damn money business... )

    I need to have another play with it :) I'll let you guys know how I get on.
    If you've got a spare flash drive (FAT32) lying around, you could take some pics of your BIOS settings and post them here if you'd like. I/we could have a look and see if we can help lower some volts and settings here and there. Up to you mate :)

    Either way, good luck with it.


    Terronium 12 said:
    I think I need to pick up some MX-4 now because for some reason the temps are fairly higher than they were prior to the two week blackout. Maybe I've applied too much paste.

    Either too much or too little. MX-4 is good stuff, but have you considered IC Diamond? Very good stuff.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 545
    Windows 10 Technical Preview - x64
       #35

    Seems to be no (immediate) need for that anymore. I affixed three more fans to the top of the rad for push-pull and the temps are stellar now. Core 3 going no higher than 69C is annoying me though. lol

    Now to get this clock all stable again; hopefully it can be done, if not I guess I'll just flash back.

    EDIT: Oh! Core 3 is at 73 now which matches 0, whilst 1 and 2 are at 78 and 80, respectively.
    EDIT 2: And now it's 87-98-100-91. Jesus, Ivy.
    EDIT 3: And...fail. Worker 2 failed on test 32, 8k.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 12,364
    8 Pro x64
       #36

    Terronium 12 said:



    EDIT 2: And now it's 87-98-100-91. Jesus, Ivy.
    EDIT 3: And...fail. Worker 2 failed on test 32, 8k.
    Jesus indeed

    At those temps, chances are it hit and failed because of the thermal wall.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 545
    Windows 10 Technical Preview - x64
       #37

    Odd thing is it's stable again at 4.5 with 1.3v. I'm not understanding the quirkiness of this BIOS.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 12,364
    8 Pro x64
       #38

    What were you aiming for at what voltage?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 545
    Windows 10 Technical Preview - x64
       #39

    4.6 at 1.325, same as before.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 12,364
    8 Pro x64
       #40

    What temps were you getting at 4.5 with 1.3v (and is that actual or what's set in the BIOS)
      My Computer


 
Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2345614104 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:22.
Find Us