Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Post Your Overclock! [2]

19 Feb 2013   #451
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

My northbridge i only increased by .1 didn't do more then that i used the tweek tool to do it


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
19 Feb 2013   #452
ganjiry

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Okey dokey chap cheers. I'll up that v-core another notch and see where that gets me. Then i'll move onto testing lower cpu/nb v's.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2013   #453
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

I'm going to test these settings all of you got me wanting to fiddle around now hahaha
never gotten it stable at this high but we shall see


Attached Thumbnails
Post Your Overclock! [2]-oc.png   Post Your Overclock! [2]-volts.png   Post Your Overclock! [2]-test.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Feb 2013   #454
ganjiry

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Hehe gotta play ent ya Good luck

Vcore set in bios @ 1.468
Idle 1.452
Droop @ load 1.428 but can jump to 1.464v
Am i right in thinking that if i give it even more vcore that it will stop the vdroop aswell as stop it jumping higher? ie a steady voltage.

Edit: what is the QPI Link in your cpuz for? I've not seen it before.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2013   #455
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
Hehe gotta play ent ya Good luck

Vcore set in bios @ 1.468
Idle 1.452
Droop @ load 1.428 but can jump to 1.464v
Am i right in thinking that if i give it even more vcore that it will stop the vdroop aswell as stop it jumping higher? ie a steady voltage.

Edit: what is the QPI Link in your cpuz for? I've not seen it before.
you should be using the load line if it is drooping im afraid you might need to take a look on what is causing it because when the llc is on it shouldn't drop at all or by 1 if any
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2013   #456
ganjiry

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

I am chap. Cpu llc high and cpu/nb llc is regular. I shall try n figure it out though but am at a bit of a loss now lol.
Cheers chap
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2013   #457
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
I am chap. Cpu llc high and cpu/nb llc is regular. I shall try n figure it out though but am at a bit of a loss now lol.
Cheers chap
I have both LLC on high so i don't know if that makes a difference or not
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2013   #458
ganjiry

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

I did have the cpu/nb llc on high but it was letting the voltage rise to 1.310 at times and i didn't really want it that high.
I've been scouring google on the issue. It's not actually v droop as its just random drops but it's common on this boards llc. Going by other posts around the net other people found that both regular and high llc allow these little drops but ultra high stops them.
I'm too tired to think straight now but will check it out later. Thinking back before i ever changed the llc from default i never got this problem.
I also came across a post refering to the bios chip on this board. On some of the earlier boards with a bios version before 07## the bios chip was alegedly faulty and had problems with the llc. Mine did have a very early bios version 03## but how much truth there is to it i don't know.
Rage3D.com : AMD Bulldozer - FX 8150 Performance Review [ Overclocking ]

How did your 4.8 work out chap?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2013   #459
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
I did have the cpu/nb llc on high but it was letting the voltage rise to 1.310 at times and i didn't really want it that high.
I've been scouring google on the issue. It's not actually v droop as its just random drops but it's common on this boards llc. Going by other posts around the net other people found that both regular and high llc allow these little drops but ultra high stops them.
I'm too tired to think straight now but will check it out later. Thinking back before i ever changed the llc from default i never got this problem.
I also came across a post refering to the bios chip on this board. On some of the earlier boards with a bios version before 07## the bios chip was alegedly faulty and had problems with the llc. Mine did have a very early bios version 03## but how much truth there is to it i don't know.
Rage3D.com : AMD Bulldozer - FX 8150 Performance Review [ Overclocking ]

How did your 4.8 work out chap?
It wasn';t stable and i don't want to start going extreme settings i think one of the reasons is my PSU might be almost at max because i have 2x 7970's that are clocked pretty darn high 1125/1575 and a normal oc of 4.7 im sure im drawing close to that 800 w i was debating should i bet a higher psu like a 1200w corsair and see if it can shoot to the magic 5 Ghz
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Feb 2013   #460
ganjiry

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Better luck next time aye. Yeah that is asking quite a bit from an 850w psu enit chap. I doubt you'll ever need 1200w unless you add more gpu's. Saying that though, better safe than sorry
I'll suss my llc today and see what i can do to stop those drops now i've had some sleep.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Post Your Overclock! [2]




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Should I overclock my CPU?
Hello all, Recently my temps of my CPU have gone out of control, however, I disabled turbo mode in my bios and it works much better. Temps are less than 70c under full load My question is should I overclock this CPU I have? specs: CPU: Intel core i5 650 3.20GHz Mobo: Intel dq57tm
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
odd post/bios screen, plus no keyboard detected @ post
i had recently built a new computer. after installing windows 7 everything was fine, except for during start-up it'd say 'no keyboard deteced'. which it wasn't detecting it because i couldnt acess bios during this. once i came to the windows log in screen, it was then reading the keyboard. a...
General Discussion
Cant seem to get an overclock
Hi have an i7 2700k and an Asus P8H 61-M LE usb3 mobo and when i do a autotune overclock it says 4.0ghz and should set in the bios but it dosent,could anyone help me out on this one please Thanks
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Post Your Overclock!
Here you can Post your Overclocks and Benchmark results! I have added download links for your convenience. Latest GPU-Z v0.3.7 Latest CPU-Z v1.52 3DMark Vantage Download here!!
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07.
Twitter Facebook Google+