Post Your Overclock! [2]

Page 87 of 123 FirstFirst ... 77858687888997 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 26,468
    Windows 11 Pro
       #861

    Tommy, I'm not sure what you mean by an offset of +100. The are usually +.010 or +.025
    Here is a screenshot of my Bios.

    Post Your Overclock! [2]-zz.jpg
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 7,470
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
       #862

    essenbe said:
    Tommy, I'm not sure what you mean by an offset of +100. The are usually +.010 or +.025
    Here is a screenshot of my Bios.

    Post Your Overclock! [2]-zz.jpg
    I mean it's +0.100 and it gave me right at 1.280 so it seems to have worked is this what you ment by using offset voltage correct ?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 3,118
    Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
       #863

    Solarstarshines said:

    @ Ryan once you put your mind to it you can do both look at it as learning two Languages lol
    You've seen what my English is like
    I know what ya mean though mate, There's a learning curve to everything in life enit.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 26,468
    Windows 11 Pro
       #864

    Yes, Tommy that is the way you want it. On idle the Vcore drops down to 1V or less, because you don't need voltage to read email or suck. You start doing something stressful it will go up to what is needed. So, in normal usage, you will see som big swings in it, but that is as it should be. But, if you are going for a high overclock, I would use manual because you have much more control of voltage. I hope that helped. I guess in a very broad sense, it is sort of like AMDs 'Cool and Quiet'. Roughly speaking.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 7,470
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
       #865

    essenbe said:
    Yes, Tommy that is the way you want it. On idle the Vcore drops down to 1V or less, because you don't need voltage to read email or suck. You start doing something stressful it will go up to what is needed. So, in normal usage, you will see som big swings in it, but that is as it should be. But, if you are going for a high overclock, I would use manual because you have much more control of voltage. I hope that helped. I guess in a very broad sense, it is sort of like AMDs 'Cool and Quiet'. Roughly speaking.

    That is what I figured manual voltage keeps the high oc in tact ,in my case the OC I have is common and not really high for what I could be putting it at anything over 4.8 requires atleast 1.3 volts offset of 0.125 which is high for me but in any sense my temps dropped and that makes me happy
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 26,468
    Windows 11 Pro
       #866

    ganjiry said:
    Solarstarshines said:

    @ Ryan once you put your mind to it you can do both look at it as learning two Languages lol
    You've seen what my English is like
    I know what ya mean though mate, There's a learning curve to everything in life enit.
    Yea, Ryan I think I said in an earlier post that when I switched from AMD, the hardest thing to me was forgetting everything I knew about overclocking. It really isn't harder, it's just different. If I switched back to AMD, I'd be completely lost now.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 26,468
    Windows 11 Pro
       #867

    Solarstarshines said:
    essenbe said:
    Yes, Tommy that is the way you want it. On idle the Vcore drops down to 1V or less, because you don't need voltage to read email or suck. You start doing something stressful it will go up to what is needed. So, in normal usage, you will see som big swings in it, but that is as it should be. But, if you are going for a high overclock, I would use manual because you have much more control of voltage. I hope that helped. I guess in a very broad sense, it is sort of like AMDs 'Cool and Quiet'. Roughly speaking.

    That is what I figured manual voltage keeps the high oc in tact ,in my case the OC I have is common and not really high for what I could be putting it at anything over 4.8 requires atleast 1.3 volts offset of 0.125 which is high for me but in any sense my temps dropped and that makes me happy

    Rule of thumb for Ivy Bridge is you can control temps if you stay below 1.3V. Over 1.3 and temps really go high, but the CPU can take a lot more. On OCN I've seen a lot of guys running 1.6 and 1.7V on some really high overclocks. The CPU will take it, temps won't too well. I've had mine at slightly over 1.5v before and you better have some serious cooling. I have a custom loop and mine wouldn't take it in a stress test. Prime hit 95 in about 2 minutes, before I shut it down.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 3,118
    Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
       #868

    essenbe said:

    Yea, Ryan I think I said in an earlier post that when I switched from AMD, the hardest thing to me was forgetting everything I knew about overclocking. It really isn't harder, it's just different. If I switched back to AMD, I'd be completely lost now.
    Yeah i think i remember seeing it chap.
    It will be a good while before i need to switch so i'll be ok for now
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 53,681
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #869

    Intel Ivy Bridge-E Processors To Feature SSD Overclocking

    Expreview has detailed that next month, Intel would talk about the new SSD overclocking feature and detail how SSDs can be overclocked and what sort of improvement can one expect from an overclocked SSD. In addition to its conventional CPU overclocking features, Ivy Bridge-E would also feature SSD overclocking for the first time in a desktop platform.
    Source

    A Guy
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 2,973
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
       #870

    That's pretty interesting Bill. Problem I see is I'm sure that only works with Intel SSD's, and from experience with 2 of their 520 series drives they won't hold up under normal use. I had 2 different drives die within 24 hours of initialization. They both started blue screening within hours of loading windows, and I had several hundred blue screens before I sent them back in. Two different motherboards as well. Also, if overclocking an SSD will result in faster sequential read/write speeds........it is more than useless. Still a very interesting bit of tech they may be unleashing.
      My Computer


 
Page 87 of 123 FirstFirst ... 77858687888997 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:40.
Find Us