Show Us Your Rig [4]


  1. Posts : 537
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
       #1851

    Thank you Ryan!
    I'll give it to him later today, and you are right, he is going to be thrilled. It is so great to see their faces when they are surprised and happy!
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 24,479
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
       #1852

    essenbe said:
    This isn't mine Alan, but if you just want one to look at. My HAF X will fit inside this case! It's the new Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Super Tower Computer Case Just imagine, this is a EATX Motherboard with 3 dual slot cards and 2 X 480MM rads in push/pull with 2 huge reservoirs. It has room to spare. Supposed to be released in April.


    Attachment 261880
    So, you have a place to stay if Mrs. Essenbe kicks you out.

    Bungee18 said:
    So this is what I put together for my youngest nephew whom graduated from high school with honors and was admitted into a great school in the US.
    A promise is a promise, so I kept my word. Thank god his father took care of the car!!!
    It is way too cool of a rig for a 17 year old hardcore gamer. I wish I had something like this when I was his age.
    This will buy me the title of best uncle for about three months. I have 5 brothers, so competition is tough!
    I tried the rig out playing some Sleeping Dogs (a gift from a very good brit friend ) and Crysis 3 on a 32" monitor. Silk smooth.
    I couldn't help it and had to run Unigine Heaven 4.0. Scores like one of my OC'ed 7870s.

    Cheers,

    J

    Specs
    i5 3570K
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3
    Sapphire HD 7950 Boost Dual X
    2x8GB GSkill Sniper 1866 CL9
    Corsair Force GS 180GB
    WD Caviar Black 2TB
    Corsair H60
    Thermaltake TR2 RX750M
    Sentey Arvina Plus
    Very nice Uncle.

    Thanks Ryan, do you have to go outside to fiddle with your Sky TV?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 26,448
    Windows 11 Pro
       #1853

    Bungee18 said:
    essenbe said:
    Another great job, Juan. You should be 'Uncle of the Year' for that. Very well done.
    Thank you Steve!
    At this stage of the game I believe uncle of the year would require nothing less than a Lear Jet.
    I'm enjoying the building thing so much that I think everybody I know is going to get rigs as christmas presents, birthday presents, wedding presents, graduation presents... You know what I mean...
    Now that the summer is finally over I might get in trouble once again. As the weather grows colder and the days become shorter I have too much time in my hands to think about my next build...
    Just so you know, I have a birthday next week or so.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 537
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
       #1854

    essenbe said:
    Bungee18 said:
    essenbe said:
    Another great job, Juan. You should be 'Uncle of the Year' for that. Very well done.
    Thank you Steve!
    At this stage of the game I believe uncle of the year would require nothing less than a Lear Jet.
    I'm enjoying the building thing so much that I think everybody I know is going to get rigs as christmas presents, birthday presents, wedding presents, graduation presents... You know what I mean...
    Now that the summer is finally over I might get in trouble once again. As the weather grows colder and the days become shorter I have too much time in my hands to think about my next build...
    Just so you know, I have a birthday next week or so.
    LOL Steve. To put together a rig to satisfy you I would have to sell my car, my boat and probably my GF too!
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 3,118
    Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
       #1855

    Britton30 said:
    Thanks Ryan, do you have to go outside to fiddle with your Sky TV?
    No mate just down stairs, Just my house's insulation is crap and i can't afford to run the heating 24/7 lol. I was shocked enough at my gas bill for last quarter alone. I could have built a media rig with that money lols. Hopefully the next cold period won't be as bad, Not that its anything like the cold weather some of you get aye. BRRRRHHH!
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 24,479
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
       #1856

    Yeah, we heat with gas and turn it way down at night. We have had a mild winter, nothing sub-zero.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 2,973
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
       #1857

    We also have gas heat, and I still remember roughly 10 years ago when the price of natural gas more than tripled. It is really cheap now and even the coldest month the gas bill was really reasonable. Our winter down here is quirky at best. Several times this winter we have had 70+ degree days and then overnight, it would dip below freezing and we'd have a bunch of snow and ice. There is a saying in KY: If you don't like the weather, give it a few minutes.......true more times than not!
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 7,470
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
       #1858

    Bungee18 said:
    essenbe said:
    Bungee18 said:

    Thank you Steve!
    At this stage of the game I believe uncle of the year would require nothing less than a Lear Jet.
    I'm enjoying the building thing so much that I think everybody I know is going to get rigs as christmas presents, birthday presents, wedding presents, graduation presents... You know what I mean...
    Now that the summer is finally over I might get in trouble once again. As the weather grows colder and the days become shorter I have too much time in my hands to think about my next build...
    Just so you know, I have a birthday next week or so.
    LOL Steve. To put together a rig to satisfy you I would have to sell my car, my boat and probably my GF too!
    Hahaha I don't think so maybe just your car and boat hahaha Girlfriends are to opinionated I don't think she would like being bartered for parts lol
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 6,077
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
       #1859

    Bungee18 said:
    So this is what I put together for my youngest nephew whom graduated from high school with honors and was admitted into a great school in the US.
    A promise is a promise, so I kept my word. Thank god his father took care of the car!!!
    It is way too cool of a rig for a 17 year old hardcore gamer. I wish I had something like this when I was his age.
    This will buy me the title of best uncle for about three months. I have 5 brothers, so competition is tough!
    I tried the rig out playing some Sleeping Dogs (a gift from a very good brit friend ) and Crysis 3 on a 32" monitor. Silk smooth.
    I couldn't help it and had to run Unigine Heaven 4.0. Scores like one of my OC'ed 7870s.

    Cheers,

    J

    Specs
    i5 3570K
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3
    Sapphire HD 7950 Boost Dual X
    2x8GB GSkill Sniper 1866 CL9
    Corsair Force GS 180GB
    WD Caviar Black 2TB
    Corsair H60
    Thermaltake TR2 RX750M
    Sentey Arvina Plus
    Another awesome rig there Juan, well put together and great specs.

    Fair play to you
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 3,118
    Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
       #1860

    Britton30 said:
    Yeah, we heat with gas and turn it way down at night. We have had a mild winter, nothing sub-zero.
    Yeah thats what i was doing last quarter, Can't be doing that again lol 350 ish....

    kbrady1979 said:
    Several times this winter we have had 70+ degree days and then overnight, it would dip below freezing and we'd have a bunch of snow and ice. There is a saying in KY: If you don't like the weather, give it a few minutes.......true more times than not!
    lols not very predictable then. The weather in the uk has gone weird over the last few years and it's like we have just 2 seasons.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59.
Find Us