Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Need help with cpu coolant for a pc build i am thinking of doing.

17 Mar 2013   #31
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

I bet the TDP might drop a tad and maybe there will be another ~10% bump up in performance. Also, maybe Intel will go back to the process they used on Sandy Bridge for the IHS. I think they saw the method they used on the Ivy Bridge CPU's might have been a mistake. All of this is speculation of course, but with AMD not making Intel step up their game, they can refine and refine and make a little progress here and there and still be ahead of the game. Plus, Haswell on-chip graphics are suppose to be MUCH better than the HD4000 graphics. If I were building a computer, or was thinking about it soon, I would definitely wait and either go with the new platform, or get IB chips when they go on sale.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Mar 2013   #32
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Nah I am staying with Ivy she is quick enough and well the graphics I prefer a small not terribly expensive card to be honest (and it gives me an excuse to get inside the machine and play LOL!!)

I mean how fast and efficient do we really need to go?? Plus we could go on about this till the cows come home. It's interesting from a technology point of view but heck what I use my machines for I just don't see the point unless I was a besotted gamer of course
Besides you can probably spend more money and effort on stuff that can be recouped from using it.

Mind you can't wait for those cheaper chips
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2013   #33
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

Of course, I am speaking from the point of view of someone thinking about building a new PC......not upgrading. I won't be upgrading to Haswell, as I built a nice IB machine that should last for quite a few years.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Mar 2013   #34
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
Of course, I am speaking from the point of view of someone thinking about building a new PC......not upgrading. I won't be upgrading to Haswell, as I built a nice IB machine that should last for quite a few years.
Yep I get what you mean KB I wasn't trying to be awkward - just wondering where it will all end.

Doesn't seem like a few years ago we were going mad for 80 and 160 GB HDD's and Pentium 4 eh?

Hah I even pulled out of an IBM just the other day a Seagate 3.2GB HDD - yes 3 point 2 GB
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2013   #35
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

[DICLAIMER]: Well, what I've read, and have no idea of how truthful it is. As Kelly said, AMD is not pushing them and (with apologies to the AMD guys) they have the desktop market sewn up. The only thing that AMD has better is the on chip GPU and lower power (Laptop market). That's what Intel is going for. They apparently want AMD out of the business all together. That sounds like Intel to me. But, they have to give the desktop market something, so.... Haswell is supposed to be 15% more efficient than Ivy, just like Ivy was to Sandy. If you do the math, that is not insignificant. But the most interesting part, if true is that Intel has found problems with linking everything to the bus frequency of 100. So, they are separating it again. If they separate the BUS from the Uncore, that will make overclocking a new game entirely. If they do that, it will put overclocking back to the old way, and a lot of us back in school. personally, I hope that's true. And, I can't give a link because I don't recall where I read it ut I found it on a couple of different sites. It was one night when I was bored and just looking around to see what I could find. Again, I don't know if all this has any basis in fact, but it would be fun to discuss it. [/DISCLAIMER]
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2013   #36
sisrace

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
We may see dual compatible DDR3 and DDR4 mobo's I hope, as you know the mobo Mfgr's are tooled up for it !
Alan, do you really think that is feasible? the Dimms are completely different.

Attachment 259813
Well Steve I reckon one could always try banging it in with a hammer. Seems to me someone around here is not satisfied with anything very much and should get on and do it.
You can please most of the people most of the time some you cannot please at all
Hey.. Youre talking about me now? Hope not becouse i really hope its not like you see me...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2013   #37
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

sisrace, No, I'm sure it was not a comment about you. Just a general comment about people in general. Don't be concerned about it. I'm sure it was not directed at you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2013   #38
sisrace

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Nah I am staying with Ivy she is quick enough and well the graphics I prefer a small not terribly expensive card to be honest (and it gives me an excuse to get inside the machine and play LOL!!)

I mean how fast and efficient do we really need to go?? Plus we could go on about this till the cows come home. It's interesting from a technology point of view but heck what I use my machines for I just don't see the point unless I was a besotted gamer of course
Besides you can probably spend more money and effort on stuff that can be recouped from using it.

Mind you can't wait for those cheaper chips

I looked on a video about the new chip... He said its mostly for laptops and it less power consumpning. I dont care about the power consumtion. Its my parents who pay for the power ...
Otherwise. The performance is really good from the i5 3570K so why whait...and ddr4.. Nah. Thinking of using 2133mhz ddr3 and i think it will last long when it comes to new ddr4 comparison. Ddr4 will probably be like ddr3. "Slow" speeds in the beginning and when the new version is comming we push the speed up crazy. Like 2400mhz...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2013   #39
sisrace

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
sisrace, No, I'm sure it was not a comment about you. Just a general comment about people in general. Don't be concerned about it. I'm sure it was not directed at you.
No i ment if he said it about me becouse it looked like i didnt whant to do anything they suggested to do with my old computer to speed it up....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2013   #40
sisrace

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
[DICLAIMER]: Well, what I've read, and have no idea of how truthful it is. As Kelly said, AMD is not pushing them and (with apologies to the AMD guys) they have the desktop market sewn up. The only thing that AMD has better is the on chip GPU and lower power (Laptop market). That's what Intel is going for. They apparently want AMD out of the business all together. That sounds like Intel to me. But, they have to give the desktop market something, so.... Haswell is supposed to be 15% more efficient than Ivy, just like Ivy was to Sandy. If you do the math, that is not insignificant. But the most interesting part, if true is that Intel has found problems with linking everything to the bus frequency of 100. So, they are separating it again. If they separate the BUS from the Uncore, that will make overclocking a new game entirely. If they do that, it will put overclocking back to the old way, and a lot of us back in school. personally, I hope that's true. And, I can't give a link because I don't recall where I read it ut I found it on a couple of different sites. It was one night when I was bored and just looking around to see what I could find. Again, I don't know if all this has any basis in fact, but it would be fun to discuss it. [/DISCLAIMER]

If you look on my specs you see i have a amd a8 something. Thats accually really good for games and working. Really happy for the amd apu i have...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Need help with cpu coolant for a pc build i am thinking of doing.




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Was not thinking
Hello again, i was attempting to install my old EVGA 260 into my backup machine, and i went into the Award BIOS and turned off the onboard Video, well i was not thinking that the 260 needed 2 power inputs, and i am now unable to get back into the BIOS to re enable the on board video, i am getting...
Graphic Cards
PC liquid coolant need help
What should I do i dont want to spend loads on coolant i was told premixed is better :?
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
New build BSOD, thinking secondary data drive is issue
Thanks all for the help (preemptive) The build is as follows Core i5 3570k (not over clocked yet) ASRock z77 extreme 4 Samsung 120G SSD Seagate Barracuda 2tb 72k 8gb (4x2) Cruicial ddr3 1600 ram GTX 680 700w OCZ Modular p/s
BSOD Help and Support
Use of coolant
Hello guys, I just made a liquid cooling system for my CPU, And i am using distiled water. I've heard that most use a special coolant for it avail on the net, and most use mixture of water and car coolant. I want to know which one of the three is the most effective and why. Thanks.
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
thinking about SSD
Hello again, Looking to move my primary W7 machine to SSD in March. Plan on a small one, probably 32gigs for W7, CS4 Design Premium, etc. etc. Is this too small, do I have to go 64gigs? Also, most of the reviews out there, at least on New Egg are average except for the Intel ones. Any...
Hardware & Devices
Thinking of getting this PSU
Can anyone tell me if this PSU is any good? Also will it improve performance over my current supply (see specs) http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-023-OC&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=1098
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App